Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-07, 08:54 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I've been using padded envelopes, but I'm close to running out of them. The wrapper doesn't fit anyway.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 08:56 AM  
sherry7899

I always use padded envelopes. I'm afraid the case would break being wrapped only in paper.

Karen, thanks for your response. After I'm done studying I"m going to read the message boards over there. I think there was a thread about wish lists.

Take care,
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 09:08 AM  
cheval

I have had two dvds requested. I joined last week due to the post here. The first one is in the mail and I'm waiting for it to arrive at its destination.

I used the paper wrapper. There are instructions on how to wrap. You have to use 2 pieces of paper. When you print out the wrapper, it prints two sheets.

http://www.swapadvd.com/help/how_to_wrap.php

I guess I'll find out if the disks make it safely to their destination. I think they will be just fine. Cost was $2.42 for the postage and the delivery confirmation.

April
cheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 09:23 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

There is information about the wish list when you bring up your wish list under "wish list-how does it work." Apparently you can rank your wish list dvds putting them in order by how much you want them. There is this whole explanation about how they're working the wish list to make it more evenly distributed.

I did not realize I had my wish list on auto request. I just checked it, and I did get the dvd I had requested.

Take care,
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 10:37 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899
I did not realize I had my wish list on auto request. I just checked it, and I did get the dvd I had requested.

Take care,
Sherry
Sherry - how did you check to see that you did get the DVD you had on your wishlist?

I've been using the padded envelopes too and just printing out the label (the choice on the right).

I just got my first credit for delivery of a DVD! I've sent out six so far so they should all be getting there this week. Now, I just need to have some of my wishlist available....

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:03 AM  
ellens2

VF's Nicknames on SwapaDVD

I read through this thread and compiled the following list of VF's nicknames on swapadvd in case anyone wants to use the buddy feature. One of the features of buddies is to see what each other has posted. Let me know if I missed anyone.

ELISA
AEROBICGIRL
CMARSH4
KAWALSH7
YOGA
AUNATURAL
RAINETH
CAROCARO
ELLENS2
Tacobelle
ellens2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:15 AM  
Anne V
VF Supporter

For DVD's not in their database

I just found this in the FAQ:

The DVD must be original (not a copy) and must be in its original case. The DVD must be playable and not visibly damaged (MINOR scratches that do not affect the playability are acceptable). Please make sure your DVDs and their cases are clean and free of any dirt, lint, liquid spills, etc.
All discs listed on the DVD description in the database must be included (if the listing says "2 discs" then 2 discs must be sent).

Burned DVDs or Promotional DVDs of any kind are NOT allowed.
To post your DVD properly, the UPC code must be recognized in our database. We do not currently have a way to post by DVD title. If the UPC code is not recognized in our database, check back, because updates are made often. You may also offer unpostable DVDs in the DVD Bazaar found in the Discussion Forums.

Has anyone tried to do this?
Anne V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:39 AM  
trevs_mom

Anne V - I believe they are basically saying if you offer it up, you pay the postage and expect no credit of anykind. I've done it with damaged books with the PBS swap site and always had takers.

Quote:
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
trevs_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:41 AM  
trevs_mom

As for shipping, I typically use the padded envelopes, but my stock was seriously depleted and I've been so sick with strep that I haven't been able to restock. All the DVD's I've received that were packaged with just the wrapper have been completely fine, BTW.

Quote:
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
trevs_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:45 AM  
Tacobelle

Don't forget me! Mine is Tacobelle.
Tacobelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swapadvd.com