Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-31-20, 12:53 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers - Week of May 31

Hi, all!!!

Check in: Not sure where I left off last, but this week I missed chest day on the Jen workouts, but did back day, shoulder day, arms day and legs day. Yesterday I tried her May Saturday workout (total body, heavy) and it was pretty good. Guess I'll just never make up the chest day. Thought I might but, no.

DH finally heard from kidney doc and they want to do dialysis this week. DH has to be hospitalized and he wants me to stay with him. Folks, I'm scared for him and worried I can't stay... and yet I know what it will be like for me if I do (sleeping (haha) in hard chair, getting up to meet his every need and demand while worrying about home and work). His feet continue to leak... and he lost over 15 lbs in a week about a week ago and the leaking never stops. So he needs the treatment, but I am not sure I am up for the task if I cannot leave at all. I have a bulging disk in my neck (apparently from the fall, not sure) and when it hurts, I am not a happy camper. I realize that pales in comparison to the h*ll he is living in, but I need rest and recovery, too. DD wants me to stay home. I am so torn. The hospital said they would consider his request. He claims he will leave if they won't let me stay, but then later says he will go because he needs the fluid off. I don't know. We just need to catch a break somehow. I know until he is admitted he will be a pain in the butt to deal with because he is scared. Wish me luck!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 01:05 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

PS - Today was a 20 minute Leslie workout and 10 minutes of stretching on my own. Here's the Leslie workout I tried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqaNUjTR70A

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 05-31-20, 01:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Gibbee, it's understandable that you want to sleep at home. You're right that you need to take care of yourself too. I am so sorry for everything you both are going through. I can't even imagine how hard and scary it must be. Praying for you both, for strength and guidance and a reprieve.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 05:00 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Gibbee, thinking of you and DH! Would he listen if you told him you can be a better caregiver if you get some rest yourself? When I was an ICU nurse we always advocated strongly for family members to go home to sleep. I pray you catch a break. How long would DH be in the hospital?

I did Cathe’s ICE Metabolic Total Body today. This is one of my favorites. I got my HR up to 138 which is good for me.

Vannie we are up to 91 degrees today. I know you would NOT care for that and I don’t like it either. It is a bit less humid than yesterday at least.

Waves to Jbliff and Cher. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 05:24 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, you are correct, I would not like that! It was 76 when we walked before supper and I thought man, I gotta get out the tank tops! It's supposed to be in the 80s this week. Yuck. It was 119 at my dad's yesterday!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-31-20, 07:09 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Karen: They initially said 4-5 days. Then dropped it to 2-3. But we both know when he gets in there and they look at his feet, they will get another team involved (probably a wound team... besides his local foot doctor) and he will end up staying longer than planned and/or ended up in a care facility for rehab (again).

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 06-01-20, 06:29 AM  
Cher

Saturday)’s workout was the warm-up and Combo 2 of Step Jam and Combo 2 and Cool-down and stretch from Step Heat. Nothing yesterday.

Vannie - Sorry to hear you are still getting dizzy but glad it seems to be getting better.

Gibbee - Thanks for starting us off. That is a tough one with DH and the hospital. I can definitely understand wanting to go home and sleep. You do need to take care of yourself but easier said than done. I could see my DH being the same way if he was going through all that your DH is/has. Do you know when he is supposed to go in to the hospital yet?

Karen - Glad you enjoyed ICE Metabolic Total Body. I love the TS Mish Mosh premix. It skips those Bear Crawls or whatever there called.

Waves JBliff!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 10:05 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 45-minute walk with DH in the morning, then LITE Stacked UB + core premix in the afternoon.

Gibbee
- I hope you find a middle ground with your DH. You need to take care of yourself too.

Karjoy
- 91 is hot. We got a little respite this weekend weather wise. It was so nice--70s and sunny.

I spent part of the weekend making masks for me and DH. It was kind of a fun activity. DH actually helped a lot troubleshooting my sewing machine.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 12:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Planned on walking 4 mi this morning but the wind was just awful so we just did 2 mi. I was supposed to run after that but decided to hold off till tonight instead of forcing through the wind. I started doing PT and the very first thing (bridge with alternating diagonal overhead reach) set off the dizziness right away. It subsided mostly so I finished, skipping the moves that would make me dizzy or need balance. Then I did day 18 of Kassandra's morning yoga and was mostly fine. Even inversions were okay. It seems to be worst when I'm lying down and moving my head just right (or wrong, I guess). Then I did one of my untried ones, Barlates Interval Barre Fusion, the iso mat segment plus stretch. This was my first try at Barlates and I decided I was pretty sure she doesn't want me to be able to walk again. Holy crap!! The dizziness left me feeling wiped out so hopefully I can do everything else tonight. I needed to be done anyway so I could shower and eat before meeting a friend. When I get home from that I plan to make white sheet cake for hubby's birthday.

Old 06-02-20, 05:57 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Leslie’s Purple Mile, KCM Body Shop #2 and Travis Eliot Yin Yoga Flow and Go. I also went for about a 30 minute walk in the afternoon.

DH is supposed to go back to work next Wednesday (June 10). We were hoping they would call and tell him to be off a little longer but haven’t heard from them yet so it’s not looking like that’s going to happen. (Before Covid, he was supposed to be on a voluntary lay-off until mid July). He really wants to retire but was trying to stay a little longer....mainly until DS could get a job and get his own health insurance.

JBliff - Good job on the masks!

Vannie - Happy Birthday to your hubby! Ugh, that dizziness has to be so annoying.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote