Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-20, 12:13 PM  
Vantreesta

Planned on walking 4 mi this morning but the wind was just awful so we just did 2 mi. I was supposed to run after that but decided to hold off till tonight instead of forcing through the wind. I started doing PT and the very first thing (bridge with alternating diagonal overhead reach) set off the dizziness right away. It subsided mostly so I finished, skipping the moves that would make me dizzy or need balance. Then I did day 18 of Kassandra's morning yoga and was mostly fine. Even inversions were okay. It seems to be worst when I'm lying down and moving my head just right (or wrong, I guess). Then I did one of my untried ones, Barlates Interval Barre Fusion, the iso mat segment plus stretch. This was my first try at Barlates and I decided I was pretty sure she doesn't want me to be able to walk again. Holy crap!! The dizziness left me feeling wiped out so hopefully I can do everything else tonight. I needed to be done anyway so I could shower and eat before meeting a friend. When I get home from that I plan to make white sheet cake for hubby's birthday.

Way to go, Helen!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 09:49 AM  
Vantreesta

Last night I did get my run in at 8 PM when it was still 89 degrees! It was not a very enjoyable run. I like to think it improved my fortitude... Took Cyric for his last walk after that. Both of our PM walks were short though. It was 90 for the one before supper. Supposed to be hot all week. Yuck. Before bed I did Classical Stretch S11E8. I can't help it, I feel ridiculous doing some of the episodes. Last night's didn't do anything for me. And it was a back pain one so I didn't get my running muscles stretched like I should have. I woke up at 3:20 this morning (after tossing and turning the whole time I'd been in bed) with a monster headache. I took smthg for it and moved to the loveseat where I could recline without being fully flat, put an ice pack on my head and finally got some good sleep. The pain was gone when I got up but our morning walk woke it up a little. 80 degrees for this walk with a breeze and he still wouldn't walk a mile. I slept in bc of the rough night but I'm gonna have to get up earlier so we can walk and run before it gets too hot.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-02-20, 03:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Vannie
I'd never noticed the download thing on the phone for YouTube - it's definitely NOT part of the PC website version. I have two apps to do that, one is YTD (YouTubeDownloader) and the other is iTubeDownloader. I'm on a Mac but you're sure to be able to find one for whatever OS you're on. I've downloaded hoards and burnt them to DVD with menus / chapters / premixes etc...
I still can't get YTD to work. I got it downloaded in April and I keep trying to download YT videos but nothing happens. I open YTD, copy the URL of the video into the line where it says to and then hit download. It then takes me to the Activity tab and just sits there saying 0% in the progress box.

Old 06-02-20, 10:18 PM  
Helen

That’s frustrating! When I get home tonight I’ll see if I can help - see how mine works.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 08:04 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Helen. I've searched around to see if they did download anywhere but can't find anything so I have to assume it didn't work. Hopefully I'm just missing an easy step. It is a PC with Windows 7, not sure if that matters.

Old 06-03-20, 02:24 PM  
buffmama

Sandy - Is Lauren's Challenge the same as last time or different? Is it worth trying to add in? (I never did get to the Kali challenge....)

Helen - I always like CTX - very approachable.

Vannie - Hope you're feeling better.

I'm liking the new pilates I'm trying. They're not Trifecta but still worth the time. I think I like Aviva better. Will keep working with them as I get to try different moves and approaches.
Old 06-03-20, 03:06 PM  
Vantreesta

I just got back from chiro. My C1 is really out of whack. He didn't manually adjust my neck today, just used the activator thingie that punches you. Anyway I told him I've narrowed it down to laying down and moving while laying down are the biggest triggers so he gave me exercises to do for that type of vertigo, twice a day. I go back Fri and will see from there what he wants to do. This morning I tried a PT exercise that was fine on Mon but definitely was not today. Pilates also triggered it but yoga has been fine so I think I'll put my Pilates goal on hold for now.

This morning I did PT, avoiding the vertigo-triggering exercises. After our 2 mi walk (at 70 degrees and Cyric still had to be coaxed to do the whole thing) I ran 1.66 mi to celebrate National Running Day, day 5 of the 14 day beginner's Crossrope challenge, 10MS Pilates for Beginners core basics and TurboFire Stretch 10.

Old 06-03-20, 05:55 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - Is Lauren's Challenge the same as last time or different? Is it worth trying to add in? (I never did get to the Kali challenge....)
It's brand new, and I'm loving it. She does three exercises for as many rounds as fit in 10 minutes. There are mobility, stretch, and strength exercises. For example today was mobility/stretch in a deep squat, prone position arms to a T raise arms, and goblet squat. Monday had deadlift, overhead press, and shoulder distractions. Yesterday half get ups, one arm swings, and cat/cow. So far she has had the next workout up the afternoon before, so it's available for time zones ahead of us.

The 100 rep 30 day I'm going to do in 21 days to finish when Lauren's finishes. I'll double up on days I don't run. It's OK so far, but her counting isn't the best.

Tue I did the 100 rep glute followed by Lauren B as a warm up for my 5k run/walk which I've been heading out for at about 6:30 am! I like to run when it's cool, and I haven't eaten.
Old 06-03-20, 06:07 PM  
Vantreesta

I wondered why you were doubling up on the 100 glute sone days. And how it was.

I either have to get up earlier or change my routine. Running at 77 degrees and sunny this morning was hot. Better than Monday was though!

Old 06-03-20, 08:11 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I wondered why you were doubling up on the 100 glute some days. And how it was.

I either have to get up earlier or change my routine. Running at 77 degrees and sunny this morning was hot. Better than Monday was though!
That's why I'm going at 6:30 am. I am up by 5, so it isn't really a problem getting out then.

So far the glute moves have been the usual suspects, but that's what I expected. I'm mainly using it for glute activation before the run and general toning.