Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-19, 11:47 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Need help with Linda Wooldridge

I've been mostly doing Cathe workouts for months on end but once in a while, I get the urge to throw in something different. I tried one of Linda's YouTube workouts yesterday (some kind of hour long total body, metabolic functional something or other) and was so, so, so pleasantly surprised, I want more! I plan to try more of her YouTube workouts but also want to support by purchasing her DVDs.

I have her Endurance 100, 110, and 120 in my cart at Mary's but am kind of overwhelmed by the sheer number of her DVDs and have no idea what else I might like. I also see there are tons of her DVDs on Amazon which aren't available on Mary's, so I'm completely confused if those are individual DVDs that are part of bigger sets or just the same as her stuff on YouTube or....??

Any recommendations for something else of hers I might like? I tend to like total body hour-long workouts or the ability to create a thorough hour-long total body workout from whatever is offered.

Thanks in advance!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-19, 12:44 PM  
bubbles76

I feel the same. Very overwhelming! How do you know which of her dvds are on youtube and which are on dvd only? I'm interested in her bounce dvds, but not sure which of the workouts are on youtube.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-19, 01:04 PM  
upperwside

Linda has clips of all her workouts on her website. I order lots of downloads from her. I have almost all her DVDs. Look at clips to see what sparks your fancy. I love her 3 DVD kettlebbell series, and her 4 workout beginner series is a great cardio sculpt series.. The Barre series is great as well. I also use all her bounce series.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-19, 01:48 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

If her workout was on YouTube then the clip will be the full length and if it wasn’t the clip will only be a couple of minutes. I just briefly checked on the “DVD Series Bundles” page on her website. It looks like there if the whole series was on YouTube there is no clip at all and if it wasn’t there will be an 11 minute or so long clip of the bundled workouts.

Kittybug, I would recommend to go with Endurance 100, 110, 120 either Cardio Sculpt Fusion box set (has Sweat series and Barre Bootcamp) or her Mix and Match box set. I’ve used both of those sets a lot. The Sweat series has 4 30 minute zero impact workouts that really make you sweat. I’ve used them as add ones, individual workouts or paired a couple together depending on who long I want to workout. She’s got a ton of workouts but those are definite standouts to me. I’d add in her Stamina 50 reps. I haven’t done that one yet but it also looks great. I thought I would love her Sculpt Tone and Chisel box set because I absolutely adore her Endurance stuff but I didn’t. They weren’t as hard as I thought they’d be and didn’t flow great for me or were just too repetitive. I don’t know. I just didn’t love them.

Bubbles, to me her Bounce Intervals series is her best rebounder set. It is tough, tough and is on YouTube. I believe only her Bounce Total Body series (not to be confused with her Bounce Total Body workout which is also a favorite and is on YouTube) is not on YouTube as far as her rebounder workouts go, but I might be wrong on that.

I would encourage you all just to peruse her website (workoutdvdworld.com.au) and check for clips and their length to figure out what’s on YouTube and what isn’t. A lot of her sets on Amazon are YouTube workouts. She doesn’t combine YouTube with non YouTube when she bundles stuff into box sets which is nice. HTH

Carla
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-19, 01:54 PM  
Tugger31

I find the selections overwhelming and still haven't figured out how to weed thru them all other than seeing what I like and making a list. The sound quality on her earlier dvds isn't as good as her later workouts so that may be a deal breaker for you. I find that alot of the dvds I have purchased are bundles of workouts I have either watched full length on youtube or have watched the great, longer clips at the totalfitness website (link below). I tend to use her for barre, high rep and for floor work.

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/sea...nda+wooldridge
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-19, 03:22 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one overwhelmed!! Thanks all for your help and responses! So given this info, I think I'll stick with ordering from Mary.

Cjayd, thank you so much for those recommendations. I was strongly considering the Sculpt, Tone, and Chisel until you said that, and I hadn't even looked at the Cardio Sculpt Fusion box set which looks right up my alley. I am also considering the Mix and Match now. I can only get two DVDs so it'll definitely be the Endurance one and one of these others. You know, unless I change my mind that is, hah!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-19, 07:03 PM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

I just had a question about this and here it is! If you order a download from the Barlates website on an iPad how does it play? Does it appear on your homepage somehow? Or maybe in iTunes?

Thanks so much!
DebnPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-19, 07:35 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I thought I would love her Sculpt Tone and Chisel box set because I absolutely adore her Endurance stuff but I didn’t. They weren’t as hard as I thought they’d be and didn’t flow great for me or were just too repetitive. I don’t know. I just didn’t love them.
I got this 3-DVD set in Mary's last sale, and am also a little disappointed that these are definitely easier than her Endurance series, from the workouts I've done so far. They are Tonique-style but very light on the reps and intensity. I like the shorter workout times and that many of them are total body, but I have to add ankle weights and light hand weights to make them a little harder for me. If Linda's Endurance workouts are Tonique-lite, these are like beginner Tonique-lite.

While Linda does have TONS of workout DVDs, there is actually some overlap. A lot of the single series are sold on Amazon that are packaged on Mary's site as 3-DVD sets. For instance, the Cardio Sculpt 3-DVD set on Mary's site (https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Bar...kou-p/1201.htm) can be purchased as three separate DVDs on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Blit...gateway&sr=8-4, https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Body...r=8-1-fkmrnull, and https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Blit...r=8-3-fkmrnull).

Most of her 3-DVD bundles are related material, and so you would probably want all three series, but occasionally I'm only interested in one series, so the Amazon DVD is a better purchase. Otherwise the 3-DVD sets are a better buy, they are basically buy 2 get 1 free. She is also starting to bundle some series into 3-DVD sets on Amazon that are not on Mary's. I recently purchased her 3-DVD slider set (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but haven't done it yet.

I second the recommendations for the Cardio Sculpt 3-DVD set, which is the most like Dream Body (but easier than DB), the Endurance 100-120 set, which is the most like Tonique with higher intensity (but easier than Tonique), and her Mix and Match box set, which has really great upper/lower/abs focused intense workouts, that can be easily mixed and matched. There is a whole GD thread about this one with raves, and well deserved. This is a great set.

A lot of her workout DVDs are not really total body that can fit into an hour (my preference as well) so I would watch out for that. A lot of her DVDs have really tough focused toning work for one muscle group, that can be 20 or 30 minutes or more per muscle. These are so tough, but I don't prefer to spend this long on one specific muscle group, like 30 minutes on just inner thighs.

Some of the total body DVDs that may not be your radar but can think of are 5-Day Fitmas (https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Body...64&s=movies-tv), which is also for free on youtube, and Precision Training (https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Blit...r=1-1-fkmrnull). I purchased Precision Training because I loved the total body workout structure, and have only done the barre workout so far, but it was a little easier than I had expected.
Old 05-19-19, 05:11 AM  
Tugger31

I use Linda's workouts to complement my Cathe collection. I mostly have her barre and floor work/ankle weight workouts and they're all very thorough. I also have a few of her heavier weight strength workouts and find they are a nice change to Cathe's style.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-19, 08:00 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I got this 3-DVD set in Mary's last sale, and am also a little disappointed that these are definitely easier than her Endurance series, from the workouts I've done so far. They are Tonique-style but very light on the reps and intensity. I like the shorter workout times and that many of them are total body, but I have to add ankle weights and light hand weights to make them a little harder for me. If Linda's Endurance workouts are Tonique-lite, these are like beginner Tonique-lite..........
Your descriptions are very helpful---thank you

I have never been able to get into Linda's work as the clips just looked too boring and her voice seemed to have a drone on quality when counting reps. Her work looked solid so it was just more of a personal preference/didn't click. In spite of numerous VF raves, I only just recently purchased my first workout of hers (Stamina 50) because it had the first clip that didn't repel me lol I'm completing another rotation first then will give Stamina a whirl. If I like it, I may try the Tone, Chisel & Sculpt Set next because a " beginner Tonique-lite" set sounds perfect for light days and to shake the cobwebs out between heavy weight work days. Shorter/total body versions are just the ticket and seem like they would really hit the areas I want without interfering with my heavy weight splits.

Tags
endurance 100, linda wooldridge