Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-19, 10:23 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Streaming Amazon video

Is there a way to stream from Amazon Prime video to a TV without a Fire stick? I have Chromecast but it doesn’t appear that I can do it from Google home. Maybe if I stream it from my laptop browser to the TV? I would rather use my tablet which is an iPad.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 10:32 AM  
alisoncooks

I'm tech ignorant, so forgive me if this is not what you're asking for.

We have an Apple TV (they're very inexpensive on eBay and such). Once that was hooked up to the tv, Prime/Netflix/etc all stream directly. Super handy. (It doesn't even use my iPad, just the small box + tv.)

ETA: with it, I can also wirelessly mirror things from my iPad to the tv (like any streaming site).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 11:05 AM  
Lannette

I use THIS along with an HDML cable and my iPhone charging cord to stream to our gym TV. I’ll check to see if it works with my iPad to stream amazon prime video after lunch and let you know if it works.

ETAthst this doesn’t work for prime video.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 06-06-19 at 12:33 PM. Reason: To add
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 11:34 AM  
sherry7899

Do you have a DVD or blu ray player with wifi? They usually have the Amazon app installed. That is how we stream Prime on the tv without a firestick.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 11:35 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I use THIS along with an HDML cable and my iPhone charging cord to stream to our gym TV. I’ll check to see if it works with my iPad to stream amazon prime video after lunch and let you know if it works.
Drat! I couldn’t get it to cast amazon movies from my iPad or iPhone. Then I read this:

Quote:
But 【NOT SUPPORT】which have "HDCP" video copyrights protection like Netflix, Amazon video, HBO go, HULU, SKY Q and Honda motor.Please check it before purchasing.
I guess I ruled out this approach for you.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 11:58 AM  
kat999

Roku devices have Prime as one of their channel options, and those are coming down in price all the time. If you have an older TV without an HDMI port, you can get the Roku Express Plus, which uses AV cables. That's essentially what I have on my ancient gym TV, but it's technically an older model.
Old 06-06-19, 02:51 PM  
carly

Google “How to Use Your TV as a second monitor”. Below are two explanations I found on the fly…not the best, but will give you the idea. We actually have an older laptop permanently hooked up to our TV for streaming from all sources. And I also play stored videos from the laptop hard drive and from a second external storage drive. You can also leave the extra wires installed on the TV and only plug in your computer when you need it to stream.

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Your-TV-...-Your-Computer

https://www.amazon.com/How-Connect-C.../dp/B01DPYYAE4
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 02:57 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I found an article on how to cast from a computer to Chromecast. It may work depending on your particular TV.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/use-chr...ews-18290.html

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 05:17 PM  
hypnomoon

I use my Roku with no problems at all.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 05:26 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
I use my Roku with no problems at all.
I'm assuming she doesn't want to get another device. Otherwise a Roku or Fire stick would work.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming, streaming help, tech