Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-05-16, 08:19 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Good morning everyone!

I didn't get to check in yesterday, but I did Lower Body 1 and have slight DOMS today! I really liked this one; the 20-15-10-5 ladder was quite intense IMO with doing everything on one side first!

Not sure what I'll do today.. I'll check back in later! *wave*
I have Lower Body 1 on my schedule for today, but I will have to do it later today rather than this morning like I originally planned. I woke up late and I work from home today and will have to start work shortly. I'm looking forward to LB! I'll check back later with update.

Avatar: My soulmate Basil Mycroft. He's 18 years old and still going strong!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 09:39 AM  
laurajhawk

This morning I did Fe Fit Core 2 and then Yoga Emergency Back. I actually quite like these core workouts. In fact all the Fe Fit workouts are just really simple basic moves and I like that a lot. Still planning to do something else next week so these don't get stale. I do not think Core 2 was harder than Core 1, although Core 1 was the first I did of this set and I was a little shocked by the intensity - now I'm used to it For those who have done a rotation before or been doing these a while, do you think they get harder as you go from the "1" workouts to 2 to 3, or are they about the same? (I know the "4" workouts are compilations.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 09:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!!

I hope you don't mind my joining in here. I am not a rotation person at all, but I have fallen out of a regular routine for the past few months and I re-acquired this set with the great amazon price and I think it's just what I need to get back on a regular routine hopefully. I am usually a daily walker with some weights/pilates/barre thrown in but the winter and long work hours threw my walking regime out the window and I probably won't get back to it until the weather improves a little. I have been reading this thread and the one on GD and I think (hope) I can stick with this for awhile to get me back on track.

I started yesterday with Total Body Toning 3 and I added on the optional Barre 3. I am going to try and follow the 6 week fat loss plan loosely so today should be Cardio Circuit 4 which I plan on doing shortly.

I look forward to getting to know you all and being motivated by you too . Thanks.

Carmee
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 12:16 PM  
andtckrtoo

I'm not a great at check ins either, but I will try. I ordered the set, and they will come tomorrow, but I signed up for the free 30 day trial and am actually following the V-Day Challenge right now (might change when I get my discs).

I did Total Body Toning 2 and honestly didn't pay attention to the chatter. I figure if I can handle Mike Karpenko, I can handle some mommy talk (even though my "baby" is 22). I do like Hillary and the workouts seem to be what I'm looking for. A nice balance of body weight, light weights, and bands.
Old 02-05-16, 03:28 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Hi ladies,
good to see some new faces! *wave to Carmee & Christine*

Funny how all of us seem to be non-rotational people! Maybe this check-in will keep us all motivated a little better then!?
Personally I find it very inspiring reading all the workouts you all are doing!

Today TOM started and I feel low on energy, so I opted to do a 15 min PMS/TOM Yoga session and FF's Barre essentials.
I might fit in a short mile with Leslie later on to move a little more, but right now I'm not feeling it!

*wave to everyone*

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 09:13 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

So, after my plan to do Lower Body later today, I ended up doing nothing. First of all, I woke up late then I had to work (from home but still work and on schedule), then during the break I've decided to run some errands and somehow I got derailed and ended up doing some fun shopping instead and I was running late. By the time I got back home, I had to put in some work again, then make dinner etc. I'm usually a lot more disciplined than that but today it wasn't one of those days. I figure that tomorrow is another day and I'll pick it up from here.

Hi everyone!

Avatar: My soulmate Basil Mycroft. He's 18 years old and still going strong!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 11:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi ladies!!

Yesterday I did do the Cardio Circuit 4 that the plan called for. Today is a cardio of choice day on the rotation so I'll either walk or maybe do tomorrow's FeFit workout since I won't be working out tomorrow as I have a long work double.

VAL, good job getting something in on a low energy day. Yes, I'm thinking we'll all keep each other motivated here. I enjoy reading what everyone else is doing too.

DANA, we all have days like that, I've been having too many though lately so I'm hoping FeFit helps me stay consistent.

Waves to all! Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 01:57 PM  
andtckrtoo

I did Cardio Circuit 1 today and WOW! I'm a sweaty mess. I love it, but I have to admit that I think there is an understanding that these are pretty easy. I'm happy they are not. This and my long dog walk were perfect for today. I did a break down on the GD. I'm not sure this one is part of the DVD's or not. But it's a great workout. Lots of core action, which I LOVE!
Old 02-06-16, 04:55 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm actually glad that the only Cardio Core I've done so far was the Essentials. Cardio is hard for me, and 13 minutes was enough! Today I did Total Body Toning Essentials and it was a good little workout ... not too hard but not easy. I agree, when people see the pink box, the 3# weights and the "mommy" message, they naturally tend to think these are going to be easy or beginner workouts. They definitely aren't! I think they're sort of intended for VFers who had babies, got busy, and need a kick-butt workout in a manageable time.

I also added a dog walk to my workout and since we ended up breaking trail through 2 feet of snow in a greenbelt (about a block long), it was a pretty good workout too.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 07:58 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Hi girls,
no workout for me today.. I hope to do something tomorrow!

Dana,
sounds like you're busy enough yesterday, you deserved a day off!

Carmee,
you for sure inspire me to give a cardio circuit a go soon!

Christine,
sounds like a great workout! I'm still tempted with the streaming workouts.. but really wish I'd use PP instead of CC... :/

Laura,
I hear you! I'm thinking I might ease into it, too, by doing the Essentials cardio first!
I used 3's when I did the lower body and agree, it was plenty #! I'm really happy with the intensity from what I've done so far! I don't want puke-in-the-bucket workouts but still feel worked out and I think Fe Fit accomplishes this!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fe fit, hilary chung