Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-16, 11:04 AM  
bubbles76

Fe Fit

So the price has me wondering...is this a good set? Different? I don't have anything in the way of barre, but it's not because I don't like barre. I just feel like I don't do it correctly . Would this be considered more beginner (Powefit) or Intermediate (KCM)? How much of it is barre and how much traditional weights? Any weighted lower body exercises?

Thanks so much!

ETA: Did a tag search on Fe Fit, and I didn't see much breaking down of the moves or if the set was really all that different. Just mostly people saying they liked it. Some called it beginner, some called it intermediate, some said recovery workouts. Recovery workouts always eluded me. I don't work out when I'm recovering
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 11:50 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
So the price has me wondering...is this a good set? Different? I don't have anything in the way of barre, but it's not because I don't like barre. I just feel like I don't do it correctly . Would this be considered more beginner (Powefit) or Intermediate (KCM)? How much of it is barre and how much traditional weights? Any weighted lower body exercises?

Thanks so much!

ETA: Did a tag search on Fe Fit, and I didn't see much breaking down of the moves or if the set was really all that different. Just mostly people saying they liked it. Some called it beginner, some called it intermediate, some said recovery workouts. Recovery workouts always eluded me. I don't work out when I'm recovering
They have a Valentine's Day challenge getting ready to start. I think it's $28 and it's streaming - but it includes 12 new workouts, as well as the DVD set... Might be a better way to get your feet wet with it....

http://fefit.com/the-28-day-challenge/

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 11:51 AM  
twinkletoes

I traded my set away but to me it seemed a beginner version of Dream Body. (I only did 2 workouts when I got the set when it came out and haven't done it since...just had to many DVDs and never reached for that one). She does talk a lot of "mommy" talk - which bothers some people.

Quote:
Recovery workouts always eluded me. I don't work out when I'm recovering
When I was purging DVDs, there were some I kept for days I don't feel like working out. But then I thought "when I don't feel like working out, I don't work out" LOL So I didn't keep them.
Old 01-22-16, 12:57 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
When I was purging DVDs, there were some I kept for days I don't feel like working out. But then I thought "when I don't feel like working out, I don't work out" LOL So I didn't keep them.
Haha! I know right.

Thanks Momofcha, but it's actually cheaper to buy the set. And I don't do streaming.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 01-22-16, 01:02 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Haha! I know right.

Thanks Momofcha, but it's actually cheaper to buy the set. And I don't do streaming.
Wow, I had no idea the set was under $30 now. Sounds like you talked yourself out of it anyway!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 01:26 PM  
bubbles76

Oh no, i haven't talked myself out of it ha! Still welcoming responses. I want something in the intermediate range with variety and this looked like it would fit the bill. Love the time.

Last edited by bubbles76; 01-23-16 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-22-16, 01:51 PM  
CharM

I caved because I'm a sucker for low cost sets. I can't answer your questions but maybe this will help.
These are the best breakdowns I've seen. http://lindseylu8.blogspot.com/searc...l/fe%20fit?m=1
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 01:57 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Oh no, i haven't talked myself out of it ha! Still welcoming responses. I want something in the intermediate range with variety and this looked like ot wpuld fit yhe bill. Love the time.
Bubbles - This set has loads of variety (barre, stretching, cardio, core, traditional total body, lower body and upper body) and is definitely intermediate.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 03:09 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
so the price has me wondering...is this a good set? Different? I don't have anything in the way of barre, but it's not because i don't like barre. I just feel like i don't do it correctly . Would this be considered more beginner (powefit) or intermediate (kcm)? how much of it is barre and how much traditional weights? Any weighted lower body exercises?

Bubbles, here is the number of workouts by type:

4 Barre
4 Cardio Circuits
4 Core
4 Lower Body
4 Upper Body
4 Total Body Toning
4 Stretch Flow

The current Amazon price of $24.97 is sure hard to resist.
Old 01-22-16, 03:33 PM  
bfit

I like Fe Fit. It's really the only set or system (other than Cathe's ICE) that I've really liked. The workouts are all 30 minutes, there's a lot of variety for the money, and a lot of work is covered in each 30 minutes. I would call them intermediate, and there's a low impact modifier. I am not a Mom, and the Mom talk doesn't bother me.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fe fit, fe fitness, hilary chung