Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-20, 10:19 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, keep them both! The Powerfit Plus is worth its weight in gold. Very hard to find. It's supposed to be harder than the other sets.

If you do a tag search for Powerfit rotations, there are 2 threads. Some of the rotations have all 3 sets, some are 2 workouts a day. I like the Powerfit Harmony for the variety, 10 workouts, and the rotations are good with or without the original Powerfit set.

I used other stretchie bands. IMO the ones that came with the sets were too short.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 01:38 PM  
lynnf

Wow, you guys know what I have better than I do! I checked and yes I have Powerfit AND Powerfit Plus. Totally forgot. Today did day 2 of the Barre 3 upper body challenge, day 2 of Lauren Brooks kettlebell challenge and the 10 minute inner thigh Blogilates (which was hard, but thanks Cheryl!!). Maybe when I finish all these challenges I will try some of the Powerfits.

Cynthia, one of the issues with Covid is that singing is a really good way to transmit the virus. So it's an issue for choirs (and churches).

Cheryl, sounds like the sound is coming along. Must be a complex technical process. And yes, headstands are something that if you did them when you were young, you can do them when you are older. Unfortunately I didn't do handstands when I was younger, so I haven't managed them now. I can't get the balance to get all the way up into the handstand, unlike the headstand, despite much trying.

Diana, sounds like you are settling nicely into your new life. So great to hear it!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 04:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: abs challenge day 5 and Slim Series Cardio Core Express.

Lynn, I signed up for the Lauren Brooks kettlebell challenge. 10 minutes is doable and the price ($0) is right!
Old 06-02-20, 07:46 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Jessica's Feel Good Fusion and I walked. It's going to get very hot in this house because it's supposed be 91 tomorrow and we are still waiting on that A/C repair (they had to order a part).

Cynthia, better safe than sorry about the choir, for sure.

Lynn, I would be afraid to try a handstand since I've injured both shoulders in the past. I don't feel entirely stable on them, no matter how strong I try to make them. I still don't have full mobility in them, especially one.

Diana, it's exciting to try new workouts. It's good to keep things interesting for you and for your body!

Waving to Linda!
Old 06-02-20, 08:00 PM  
lynnf

Cynthia, I'm with you 10 minutes is doable and the price is right. DH came by today and said "why is she wearing a hat?" I tried to explain it's just a kettlebell thing, but he remained baffled. The kettlebell people just like those beanie caps when they work out, I don't know why.

Cheryl, ouch on the lack of AC. The boys run ours very cold, so I am happy my new office is actually one of the hotter rooms (you know how it is with houses never having even HVAC systems). Hope you can get that fixed soon, and hope ours doesn't break down! Shoulder injuries are no fun, so definitely don't do anything to re-injure them. I really have to watch my forearms since I got the tennis elbow from overdoing biceps curls.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 08:47 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 45 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 06:36 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-03-20, 01:13 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Abs Challenge was HIIT today. Did it but I'll never like it. Started Lauren Brooks' 10 min/day kettlebell freebie. Like it. Years ago, I had Shut Up and Train and couldn't stand it; but I've done her 10 min challenges before and like them.

Venturing out today, to the knee Dr's office for an injection to my left knee, which is the less bad knee and has never before had an injection. Last time I saw the Dr he (at my request, not his initiative) had my left knee Xrayed and sure enough it's also badly arthritic. I find it near-miraculous that I'm not disabled, in pain, or in need of surgery. I have been using CBD cream at night.
Old 06-03-20, 02:06 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I forgot to mention something from DH and I donating blood the other day. His BP was better than it has been in the past. DH was really shocked. He is on BP meds but it's still usually higher than it was the other day. I contribute this to being out of the shop.

Cynthia Of the 3 Powerfit sets, which set is hardest, which is easiest? Do you prefer the CBD cream over the Penetrex?

Check-In: Powerfit Harmony Sculpt Strong Push and Cardio Move It

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-03-20, 02:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, Powerfit Plus seems to be the hardest. I enjoy Harmony better than the first set b/c of the breakdowns in body parts -- spread out over more workuts. I don't know if the original is harder or just less enjoyable to me.

I still have Penetrex and will use it up, but I found it didn't last all night with me and I had to put more on. I was reading the blog on the Dailey Method (barre) website and Ms. Dailey recommended CBD ointment, and there was a 20% off coupon. LOL I have not yet done a Dailey Method DVD although I could, I have two. Anyhoo, I ordered the CBD ointment and was impressed with how well it worked. But I didn't like the ointment formula -- too waxy. And the smell was truly awful. I asked a singing friend who is allergic to all fragrance if she could recommend CBD cream that didn't stink. She gave me a bottle of lotion and there wasn't much smell but it didn't work; it was more like an all-purpose body lotion. So I googled, and there are fragrance-free CBD creams. The one I've been using is currently on Walmart online, but is sold by third-party seller, not Walmart, so I don't know how long it'll be there. It has a slight smell but doesn't reek, it's a cream formula, and is a lot cheaper than other brands, price comparable to Penetrex. It's called Daily Intensive Cream CBD.