Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which best describes your current workout source?
Streaming only 4 6.78%
Youtube/fitness website only 1 1.69%
Downloads only 1 1.69%
DVD only 21 35.59%
VHS only 0 0%
Television (Broadcast or cable) only 0 0%
Dvd and vhs, i. e., any physical media 8 13.56%
Streaming, Websites, Downloads, i. e., any internet-related 4 6.78%
Audio workouts only 0 0%
Anything goes! Wherever there's a good workout, I will go! 20 33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-17, 06:38 AM  
Sandrine

Streaming, Youtube, Downloads, Dvds or VHS?

Since many of us started out when home workouts were limited to vhs, "records" or television, I thought it might be fun to see how our choice of media has evolved over the years. Which category in the poll above best describes your format of choice?
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 07:04 AM  
antbuko

I really like streaming workouts because they are so handy. DVDs take up so much real estate and sometimes they skip or stick. I bought Classical Stretch season 10 a few years ago but never finished the entire season. I picked it up again recently two of the discs kept sticking and replacing them would cost about $70 so instead I subscribed to streaming. I’ve finished season 10 and I am working through Season 11 and there's lots more workouts I want to try so I'm very happy with the subscription. There are other streaming workouts that I'm currently using too. I love streaming.
Old 09-29-17, 08:47 AM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Since many of us started out when home workouts were limited to vhs, "records" or television, I thought it might be fun to see how our choice of media has evolved over the years. Which category best describes your format of choice?
Haha, I had the Jane Fonda album and did it religiously. Oh, weren't those the days? I remember when VCRs and VHS tapes came out -- they were SOOOO expensive. I used to drool over them, but could only buy very selectively because of (1) the expense and (2) I was a young 20-something living paycheck to paycheck!
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-17, 12:07 AM  
jusca

Mostly dvds. Streaming/downloads are distant runner ups. I will buy a VHS and convert it to DVD/digital format if it's not available on DVD as I've done it before.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-17, 07:34 AM  
Sandrine

Yes, Annie S., those were the days! I was exactly the same, about buying a new vhs. I could never have believed that someday I would own shelves and shelves of them. I would also never have believed that I would someday buy a clamshell firm classic for .50 not $50!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-17, 07:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Thumbs up Fun poll !

I love how I can have a vhs ready right on the spot I need and toggle btwn the DVD and vhs to combine the workout I want.
The whir showing how much I have done when rewinding my vhs is very satisfying

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 07:03 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I voted DVD only, but I do a little bit of youtube.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-17, 07:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Anything (except VHS) goes for me. As long as the streaming works on my laptop and the cost is not prohibitive, I'll give it a try.

As far as online - my preference would be downloads so that I don't need to be hooked to the web for my workout.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-17, 02:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I wanted to vote for 2 choices* - DVDs and audio/walking outside

*the software allows the poll maker to allow for >1 choice from the respondent.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-17, 03:20 PM  
laurajhawk

I didn't vote because the choices don't fit my pattern. I use both streaming and DVDs (and occasional downloads). I don't use VHS because, although I am a veteran vidiot (about 15 years), I started doing video workouts after everything became available on DVD. I have to say I still favor DVDs, even though most streaming platforms work well for me - it's partly because I had a huge collection before I started streaming, and I've really slowed down my purchases in recent years just because I have so much! In addition, I just think of my DVD workouts first/most - I scan the shelf for ideas of what to do, much more often than I scan my laptop files (for downloads) or my bookmarks/youtube subscriptions (for streaming sites).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
format, media, source