Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-02, 03:07 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Suggestiosn for using Firm Parts tapes?

Hi again

Posted this earlier today in rotations and don't think anyone saw it, so I am re-posting it here. Hope that's okay.

Anyway, MORE firm questions :-) I have several firm videos that make good cross-training pairs, but I recently found a great price on Upper Body Split and Standing legs, and I am wondering what to do with them. On the surface, they sound like the usual split routine I had been doing, which I sort of have been plateauing with. And I have really been having fun with the firm total-body style approach (I just traded for Firm Strength/Firm Cardio and can't wait until they arrive!) So how do I work in the parts tapes? I seem to get quite a lower body challenge with tapes like MBS and Tough Tape 2 (my main mostly-strength firm tapes) but even though I use fairly heavy weights, I don't seem to fatigue my arms. Could I add on Upper Body Split to these tapes, or would that be overkill?

Alternately, I was thinking of maybe doing a week of cross-training with a traditional firm tortoise/hare type set-up, followed by a week of Firm-style split rotation with these two, alternating them. How does that sound? I am becoming such a Firmie. It's reall surprising me. How did this happen? :-)

Joanna
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-02, 06:30 PM  
Rose031

What about...?

What about doing the total bodies that you like and adding an extra upper body day with the Upper Body Split? I actually don't have this (but I did go and visit the DVD at Best Buy. Boy is that sad or what?) so I'm not sure how it is length wize, if it would be too much to tack on after a cardio day or not.
I just remember Cathe posting a way for people to do a PS rotation, and add in extra biceps and triceps on cardio days if they felt they needed the extra arm work. I was just thinking that you could do something similar with the Firm.

Rose