Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-29-20, 08:46 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

Didn't do a formal workout today -- just couldn't get motivated -- although I did get in a MPW (Medium Pointless Walk). Since my step counter bit the dust , and since I don't know the mileage of my various meandering routes, I'm just going to keep track of the time. I figure a half hour is a SPW, a MPW is about an hour, and a LPW is closer to 1.5 hours.

I definitely need to work on a daily routine, since it is now being suggested our shutdown will last at least another 30 days.

Linda: Very nice to hear from you! I'm happy you and your gentleman friend are still together (sounds like he has a very stressful job, though!). Take care of those wrists, and please give Miss MM a skritch from me!

Cyana: Sorry to hear about the finches.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 09:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra I love your time guidelines! But not I'm not sure how to categorize--our walk was probably about 45 minutes, so a SishPW?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 06:01 AM  
Anny

Paine thank you for starting us off. You seem to be really settling into your new home and the walls around the neighbourhood.

Beth I was going to do your 6 minute meditation then got a work call. Maybe tomorrow! Thanks for sharing your videos.

cyana thank you for the birthday wishes! I think your SPW and qui gong seem like lovely ways to get exercise in during this time.

Hey Linda! So nice to hear from you. Here’s hoping your wrist pain improves.

Sandra I’m not on Facebook but I hope your niece’s video was well received.

We have had more restrictions put in place across Australia, starting Monday March 20, re extra precautions for social distancing. I’m working from home now, as are two of the three sons who live at home. One still needs to go out to work as his work is considered essential. Of the two sons who live nearby, one is working from home and the other has lost all his work as a freelancer, as I mentioned last week. The two sons in Adelaide are still going out to work because of the nature of their work. It’s a very different time!

This morning I took a walk along the harbour and up many flights of steps and hill so it was a SIW (short interval walk!).
Old 03-30-20, 08:04 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, love the new acronym SIW! Maybe I need to use MMW (medium meandering walk). If you try the meditation, let me know. I'm going to try to film 2-3 per week.

Take care everyone. Happy Monday.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-30-20, 11:09 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Voight Full Body Stretch (Slow Stretch Practice)
Yee Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief (Soothe and Stretch Practice)

Voight's Slow Stretch practice felt wonderful this morning as I still have both upper and lower body DOMS from Squeeze Stronger and Pure Barre. My hamstrings feel tight so I did Rodney's Soothe and Stretch which stretches the hamstrings pretty good.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 12:18 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, that Yee practice is definitely a nice one for the hamstrings!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-30-20, 04:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi friends--another busy work-at-home day! It's amazing how much busier I am than on the weekends even though I am home. Responding to emails, following up with students, and filming videos takes up a lot of time!

I filmed a new meditation video today. I did an equanimity theme from Sharon Saltzberg's book Lovingkidness. I hope to use this book for two more meditations this week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhMm7Cbmj58

I also filmed session #1 of a 3-session skills-based group that we offer at work. That was definitely more challenging since it's 43 minutes long! I think ti worked out okay though.

Hope everyone is staying well!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-30-20, 05:50 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today my 4 year old grandson asked me if we could go for a walk outside so we walked for 1 mile (I hold his hand when we walk together). It was a pretty day outside for a walk. We walked to the bigger park which is about 4 blocks from my house. I told him we couldn't go in the park because it's closed due to the coronavirus but from the sidewalk, he was able to see the pond that has ducks and the play equipment such as swings, slides, jungle gyms, etc. I told him we could have a picnic there one day when the park opens.

Beth, I bet it is a LOT of work making those videos. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 07:43 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today was a MPW of an hour by myself, then later a SPW of a half hour with my niece and grandniece. I also got in

Today's Workout: The Upper Body portion of Kathy Smith's Lift Weights To Lose Weights 2.

Beth: I sent you a PM. Hmm, not sure what to call a 45-minute walk LOL!

Anny: I like your SIW variation!

Paine: My little grandniece is missing going to the park also. She also misses playdates with her friends.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 08:27 PM  
cyana

Today:
MFML - Release Tension - Joo Teoh
30 minute body weight work-out

The body weight work-out was one designed by a trainer at my employer's fitness center. Holy crap, that thing was tough!!

Linda - It's good to see you. The beast doesn't have a problem with mowers, however the vacuum cleaner definitely ruins his day! Hopefully the man will make it next week - hope you both stay well.

Sandra - Oh no on your pedometer! I envy all of your walking time today....it was a long day behind the computer.

Paine - It sounds like you have so many interesting things within walking distance of your new home - and that you're enjoying checking them out. Hopefully it won't be too long until you and your grandson can have a picnic at the park. I live across the street from a park and it's eerie to look over there and see no one, when usually people are coming out in droves as the weather warms up.

Beth - Sounds like you were definitely a busy bee today. I always laugh when I tell people I work from home and they say "Don't you get bored?" In a word - NO!

Anny
- I love SIW's. I have hills in my neighborhood, so I like to take advantage of some "free" interval training.

Waves to ALL. I'm going to call it a night. Sleep well.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote