Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-01-20, 07:13 AM  
CabCalloway

And we're here. Since no gym is open, I've been doing the usual lengthy dog walk and anywhere from 3 to 5 miles biking when I get home. "Lucky me" is considered an essential worker so I get to ride the ghost-town roads of Maryland and work with a handful of other "ghostly" workers.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 04:00 PM  
AnMrsDe

Welcome back, Cab! And welcome aboard, tangerine! I never heard of National Pretzel Day or some of the other "special" days you mention this month! I'll have to buy some gluten free pretzels toward the end of the month, LOL!

Wishing us all great health (physically AND mentally)!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 09:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Hi Cab and tangerine!
Thanks for joining!
I'm fairly new to this group myself sending you welcome wishes!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 08:21 AM  
tangerine

Thanks AnMrsDe and fanofladyvols!

AnMrsDe I picked a few that I could think of workouts for - barre workout for Pretzel day, they often have the pretzel move
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 12:07 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Thanks AnMrsDe and fanofladyvols!

AnMrsDe I picked a few that I could think of workouts for - barre workout for Pretzel day, they often have the pretzel move
Haha! Good one!!
Old 04-05-20, 05:50 PM  
T2B

AnMrsDe - thanks for reminding me that I bought PHA 2020 the last time I took advantage of a Cathe Live discount. I was going to do it today but then frittered away my time. I feel like I work more since I’ve been working from home. No constant interruptions, like at work, so my butt is mostly glued to my desk chair. Nice to be able to but I don’t like working from home.

tangerine - welcome! Love your user name. . Love the national days! Seems like we are all walking on the wild side now so can’t wait for that day!

CabCalloway - welcome back! Did you see that after Janet DuBois died that her birth certificate was released and it stated that she was the daughter of Cab Calloway?

jane - love reading about your workouts with your hubby. Great job! Ha, I imagine your hubby looking like Greg in STS when it comes to side stepping. I joke but I love seeing the men workout in STS even when they lack rhythm or good form.

Cher - great workouts!

AsSweet - if you’re reading stop in and let us know how you’re doing.

ETA: bex - hope all is well with you too.

Stay safe everyone!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 06:39 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Can I join you? Tomorrow starts my 4th week working from home, and I am desperately trying for consistency. We are a houseful with me at home, DH too, our girls home from college, and the menagerie of everyone's pets all under one roof. This is all I've done so far.

April

4. Cathe XT Chest, Shoulder, Back, 6 rounds/Peloton Oliver's 20 Min Pop Fun Walk

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 08:10 PM  
cdayley

Hi. I flew back home yesterday. After several changes, I ended up on 4 different one hour flights. DH had to pick me up in Salt Lake, because the evening flight to Pocatello was cancelled. My parents were supposed to fly home Thursday and got bumped to Saturday. At least they only had one layover.
I walked every day while I was in Ohio, and did lots of Lily and Piper lifting. My DS says his hospital is super stressful right now.
DH and I did a dog walk tonight. He is doing grocery pickup with Fred Meyer, so he doesn't have to go in to shop. I have several prescriptions at Albertsons, so we have to pick those up. While I was gone, he made masks for our DS and his GF that are here, and for me and him.
I'm going to go into school for four hours a day until I get some things caught up. I don't think I would be good at working from home - too many distractions. DH is still furloughed.
Beth, I'm striving to be more consistent with eating well. I'm a huge stress eater.
T2B, stay safe as well!
tangerine, welcome - I love your holidays!
CabCalloway, thanks for working during this stressful time.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 06:02 AM  
fanofladyvols

Chrys glad you made it home safely!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 09:09 AM  
AnMrsDe

Great to see you here, Beth! Welcome and hoping for safety for your family!

T2B, great job on that barbell poundage!!!! You're moving right along with your STS rotation. Yes, you have to try PHA 2020---LOVED it soooo much! I emailed ASAS a few days ago but haven't heard back. I hope she and bex are ok.

Chrys - welcome home and glad you made it safely!

Hope everyone is hanging in there....

Tags
just the workouts