Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-18-20, 08:23 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I had two out of our three cats stretched out on my legs last night. I could not move for a half hour! I was fine with that. I had a book, my kindle and tv remote within reach
Did you get a new cat? Or did you already have 4 when you lost Bonkers? I'm down to just one now. I had to put my sweet older girl down last week. My younger one has been super snuggly. I guess cat talk is another way of coping with COVID - and staying on-topic.
Old 03-18-20, 08:47 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Lori, I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks Sherry.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:47 AM  
sherry7899

Louise, I am so very sorry for the loss of your cat. It is heartbreaking.

Thank you for remembering my sweetheart Bonkers. I still think of him.every day. We adopted a black male cat two years ago named Wes. He is a friendly little guy! He greets everyone who walks in the door. Our older male cat Huck resents him, so I was amazed when he allowed Wes to hop up and cuddle on me also. That is major progress.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:55 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
Did you get a new cat? Or did you already have 4 when you lost Bonkers? I'm down to just one now. I had to put my sweet older girl down last week. My younger one has been super snuggly. I guess cat talk is another way of coping with COVID - and staying on-topic.
Oh Louise I'm so sorry about the loss of your cat. I agree pet-talk is a good way to cope with Covid stress.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:56 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Sherry, my "young" girl is now about 5. She goes "bonkers" (yes, I think of your cat often) whenever another cat comes across our (her) yard. She claws at the curtains and glass, has pulled down a rod, and her tail fluffs up like in cartoons. Once the intruder is gone, it's as if nothing happened. So I'm hesitant to introduce another cat in the house, unless it's a young one who resident cat can just beat into submission and the younger one won't know any different But I like older cats. So we'll wait and see.

Thanks Lori and Sherry for the wishes. My sweetie was about 16. I had her for 4 1/2 years. Her adoption papers were about 4-6 years off on the age. She was recently diagnosed with kidney disease and was on meds. I was in Florida for a few days earlier in March and when I came home I took one look at her and knew it was bad. Fortunately it was only 1 pm so I got her right into the vet. They gave her some fluids (and a bath - she was soiled and miserable, but looked pretty wrapped in her purrito towel) and we went home. Next day was no different so we went back. As you know, it's one of those painful but necessary decisions and I'm glad I got home in time to be with her.

Lori - I hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-18-20, 09:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I admit it, I wallowed on the couch most of the day yesterday. I had lots of plans but our cable and web were out and two technicians were here for over two hours! We respectfully practiced social distancing, I told them to do whatever they needed going in and out, up and down, without my always getting the door, etc. But the sitting on the couch reading and checking my phone made me feel like the day was shot so I stayed there.

I did pull a save and did a KCM workout then made dinner. It's 11:00 and I'm still on the couch. I'm waiting for Zoo School Live to start airing on Facebook, my grand nephew in RI will be joining too. After that I'm going for a walk.

Louise - distant hugs. So sorry for your loss.

Lori I hope you feel better soon.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 10:32 AM  
Erica

Something super simple that has been giving me a little joy and positivity every day when I feel stressed: around Christmas of last year, I heard about this great story (youtube link) of an injured, malnourished stray dog that found an open door in the middle of a storm and got adopted by the family that lived there. They usually post something at least once a day on the dog's instagram, and it just gives me a daily moment of happiness to see how she's doing.

Louise, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 11:24 AM  
Izzy

I am thanking every single service person out there who has no choice but continue to work. And everyone is thanking me for recognizing that.

I continue to take daily walks to help combat depression but also appreciating that right now I am ok and in a good place and many others are not.

Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 11:25 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Louise, sorry about your kitty.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 11:37 AM  
tiletha444

I work at a high school, so we are still having online classes. So, I must keep a good routine for work, which has been very helpful. I still go to bed at the same time as if I am going to work.

To stay sane during this time, I make sure I still workout and eat healthy. I also limit the news, and instead watch the Flintstones and Jem and the Holograms!

My dog is loving this time I am home. She thinks my #1 job is to give her attention all day. She is benefiting from all of this by getting a few extra walks and porch time every day.

I am pretty much an introvert, so being at home is fine with me!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19