Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-17-20, 10:09 PM  
Taiga

Walking/hiking outside is very uplifting for me. Fresh air feels cleansing. I can go for miles and rarely see anyone and my dog loves it

I am also planning some extra yin yoga and mobility sessions! That always works the tension out

Aaaand....a Scooby-Doo and Peanuts thon does wonders

I also make an extra effort to smile and be friendly/appreciative---there is so much tension out there and most people gladly respond to any hint of humanity
Old 03-18-20, 01:03 AM  
mtngoat

Today I spent about an hour learning the fast rap part of Eminem's Godzilla. I have made it almost up to 90% speed - still perfecting a couple of bars. (I perceive that this is a really good workout for my aging brain.) This will be max speed for me.

I am suffering from bronchitis right now so can't really work out. I think I'll try a bit of gentle yoga tomorrow. I look forward to being able to walk outside here.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 05:56 AM  
Gams

I go out for gas, groceries and vet appointments. Otherwise I’m home reading, watching tv and doing workout DVDs. I’m fine with that but I don’t feel positive at all because so many people are ignoring the advice they are being given. I know of one lady whose son is coming here from NYC for 2 weeks because “it’s the perfect time for a vacation.” And another who is coming here for a couple weeks from the Twin Cities because he’s bored and it will give him something to do.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 06:07 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I will try and get outside and walk at the very least and try to do more videos. Aside from that I have a lot of books and You Tube, plus many DVDs if I decide to do DVD marathons.

I will limit my trips to the grocery store, gas station and pharmacy. My favorite place to go is the library but they are closed for the next week and a half and like I said earlier I have many books from last years book sale that I need to read plus a dozen or so on my kindle.

I will be fine, I am an introvert anyway. And if I do venture out, it will be very early in the morning before most people are even up.

I am trying to monitor how much TP I use though, so our supply lasts us a while, I find myself cutting down on eating too. Anyone else doing this?
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 07:51 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I've been following the travel-related news because I have a bunch of trips planned, a few in the US and Canada, and a couple to Europe. Mine are still in the cancellation period, and two will probably be cancelled anyway. But I found that by following the current updates and situations (that don't impact me directly) I was taking on other people's stress and aggravation. So I'm trying to let it go for a while, even though I'm interested in the logistics and can't help but follow one or two of the more interesting stories

I'm retired and live alone with a cat and so I'm kind of used to just hanging out. I am hoping to use this time to get myself back into a healthy routine. When I retired I was great about my workouts and having some structure, but I've become sloppy in my habits, including spending way too much time on the computer. If it had been productive (organize my photos, take a class) I might feel better, but I've just been bouncing around the internet. If the weather gets a little better, a late afternoon walk is good.

I also have arthroscopic surgery scheduled in two weeks. I need to stay healthy and stock up on some foods for the recovery period.

Funny movies and tv shows are good. Recommendations welcome!
Old 03-18-20, 07:58 AM  
sherry7899

Louise, good luck with your surgery!

There was another thread titled "laughter is the best medicine" that had some funny tv clip links and tv show suggestions.

I've been watching The Big Bang Theory often....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:05 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Louise, good luck with your surgery!

There was another thread titled "laughter is the best medicine" that had some funny tv clip links and tv show suggestions.

I've been watching The Big Bang Theory often....

Sherry
You're right, I did see that thread. I was just happily typing away, not thinking.

So I just did some qi gong, and I'm back on the computer, with a cat on my lap...
can't disturb the cat
Old 03-18-20, 08:14 AM  
marki64

Don't watch the news. I am tired of hearing everyone talk about it and giving inaccurate reports. I am sad that local businesses are hurting. I don't eat out much, and will support our local restaurants the best I can. (We did get Shammrock shakes last night).

On the otherhand, I would like to body slam people hoarding at the grocery stores. I just need a few things for my dinners this week and everything is cleaned out. I understand more people are at home eating, but this is getting ridiculous. It has to stop and grocery stores need to do better stopping it. Yes, they do a good job restocking and I was impressed Sunday morning at 8 am, most everything was restocked. But, they need to stop the craziness.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:15 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
You're right, I did see that thread. I was just happily typing away, not thinking.

So I just did some qi gong, and I'm back on the computer, with a cat on my lap...
can't disturb the cat
I had two out of our three cats stretched out on my legs last night. I could not move for a half hour! I was fine with that. I had a book, my kindle and tv remote within reach

Old 03-18-20, 08:15 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Today I spent about an hour learning the fast rap part of Eminem's Godzilla. I have made it almost up to 90% speed - still perfecting a couple of bars. (I perceive that this is a really good workout for my aging brain.) This will be max speed for me.

I am suffering from bronchitis right now so can't really work out. I think I'll try a bit of gentle yoga tomorrow. I look forward to being able to walk outside here.
Lori, I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19