Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-20, 12:49 PM  
bubbles76

Pots and Pans

To cook my healthy food. So, maybe on topic

It's time for me to replace my set of pots and pans. I'm looking for a good set with lids - Fry Pan, Sauce Pan, Saute Pan, Dutch Oven are the staples. Non-stick preferable, unless someone can convince me otherwise. Would like riveted handles. Dishwasher and oven safe. I cook on a gas stove. Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 01:47 PM  
IceQueen07

I have a 12 piece set by Emeril Lagasse which are stainless steel that i love. They can be used on stove and oven. Lids are glass. Have had for about 8 years and they still look new and I put them in dishwasher.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 01:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

We bought a few pieces of Calphalon cookware during a huge sale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond over the holidays. They stack, have lids, are nonstick, oven and dishwasher safe, and pretty awesome!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 01:57 PM  
Mickey12

I really like Farberware or Revereware. They aren’t non stick though. I have had mine for 30 years and all pieces are still going strong. I also like Pampered Chef, but they’re pretty pricey. They are also very durable and some pieces are nonstick.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 02:06 PM  
BigBadBetty

I love my Scanpan Classic. It's non-stick but not that cheap teflon. You can use metal utensils on it. My favorite part is the Classic line doesn't have rivets attaching the handle. I always get stuff stuck there. It is much lighter than my cast iron. The only disadvantage is that you aren't supposed to use cooking spray with propellants. I use a Misto to avoid that.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 02:12 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
We bought a few pieces of Calphalon cookware during a huge sale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond over the holidays. They stack, have lids, are nonstick, oven and dishwasher safe, and pretty awesome!
I like the Calphalon cookware I have also. To be honest, I never put cookware in the dishwasher, so I can't speak for that aspect.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 03:11 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I love my scanpan and greenpan. I don't put mine in the dishwasher.
Old 03-08-20, 06:13 PM  
LAC

I bought Pampered Chef cookware 15 years ago that's held up well, but I don't think it is the same as what they offer now. I don't put it in the dishwasher.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 08:37 PM  
bubbles76

Wow such great responses! Thanks everyone. I will look into these choices. I really need a whole set. My saute pans are warped.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:36 PM  
jusca

Some Calphalon non-stick series sounds like a good match. I have the hard anodized non-stick series. The brand seems to be a top notch for affordable and durable consumer cookware. Farberware is decent too but these tend to wear fast within a year or two of consistent use. T-Fal is good too.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pots and pans