Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-20, 06:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kim, you are adorable! I just laughed at the "Do you see why I have all the Cathe workouts?" hah!!!

Cataddict, not really TMI to me, 'cuz I'm the same way...cannot WAIT to get in the shower as soon as I'm done stretching from my workouts!!

Bee, you can also just check the auto section of any Walmart/Target/grocery store, which is what we did. I never venture into those areas myself because my husband talks cars and I all hear are the Charlie Brown adults...."Wah wah wah, wah." But now I'm glad for all his car love!!

So I did the long Lower Body Blast premix...and it didn't feel nearly as hard as the last time I did it many months ago. Maybe all these older, brutal Cathe workouts have done me some good, hah!!

Stay fierce and healthy, my friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 06:16 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Cardio and Weights is so good! The cardio combos are just great fun and the weight segments are short and sweet. It’s not too brutal either. I haven’t done this one in many years but I used to do it a lot.
Kim
Kim I'm planning on doing that one later this week and you've made me excited when it comes up

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Yesterday was High Reps. Felt really good after doing STS Total Body, a PHA and step from Intensity. What especially felt good were the leg work using gliders. Felt like a nice balance to heavier weight work and intense cardio.
manley Gracious, woman, did you do all that in one session?? You had your Wonder woman britches, belt AND shoes on..right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
So today I did two chair workouts since they’re shorter in duration. My abs and hips were really feeling it. Just wish there was music and that the moves were to the beat. I played some in the background but just not the same.
ChelePA..how long will you be needing to rest that foot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
I'm getting anxious for my oldest son who does not have much for cleaning supplies! I can't find any disinfectant online at all so I may end of mailing him what I have. He's high risk (heart and lung issues) so I worry.
kate I hope your son finds what he needs..sorry he's out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post

I mean, if it was me, I would have both DVDs in my collection.
Kim
Ohhh my gosh, Kim!! She'll end up getting both now, lol.
Manley I don't have either so I can't POSSIBLY be blamed for enabling you on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

I just couldn't stomach the dated-ness of it so I did Athletic Step instead. It was fun and a decent workout, but let's just say Cathe's not going to be asking me to be in a step video anytime soon.
bee I have been trying to learn this one in stages. Cathe would never wanna see the Linda version of her Athletic step...yipes! Lol !!

Today was Muscle Endurance. I subbed some different moves for triceps added the 100 hip thrust challenge. Abs section was challenging like Bootcamp's is. The side plank with hip raise using med ball is so tough.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 07:33 PM  
manleym

'Ya'll are absolutely the BEST! I KNEW ya'll would help me with your valuable, and appreciated, insight!

Kim, thank you for sharing your detailed notes! They are AMAZING and so helpful! Thank you Cataddict, Bee, and anyone else (sorry I forgot) anyone else who chimed in. I do appreciate ya'll!

And that is my struggle - I do want both! I have Maximum Intensity Cardio, Interval Max and Rhythmic Step, along with most of Cathe's other step workouts. Like ya'll, I want everything Cathe has released. I'm leaning toward RWH Plyo.

Kittybug, glad you're doing better! It would take me a long time to recover from the scare of an earthquake. Glad you had a good workout today. I also did Lower Body Blast (not a premix) and I thought it was pretty durn hard! But what a thorough, complete lower body workout! Definitely a bum burner!!

Fanofladyvols, NOOO, I didn't do all those in one day!! No WAY I could do that! Those were my workouts for the week.

KateTT somehow I missed what's going on with your son. I'll go back and read. Hope everything's ok.

Big hugs my fierce friends! You're the best!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 08:19 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Reporting back after doing Muscle Confusion at 5 and Low Impact Cardio HiIT at 6:30. I was definitely confused by the 5pm workout as I was expecting it to be all weight work and instead the weight moves alternated with cardio. I'm not complaining, but it's funny how a workout can seem harder when you are expecting it to be different than it is. And it did seem pretty hard to me! I didn't do all of the disk exercises using the gliders---did regular jumping jacks instead of jacks with the gliders, for example.

The Low Impact HiIt workout was a good one---my preference of the two. It was relatively short at 35 minutes. I increased the impact.

manley, did you do either of the Lives that I did today?

kittybug, I missed your first point about the earthquake! I don't live in an area that has them either, but several years ago we had one when I was at work. My office was on the 11th floor and we all had to walk downstairs and outside. The cell networks must have been overloaded and no one was able to contact family. It wasn't much of a shake, but I still wanted to make sure all was ok at home. I wasn't able to reach my husband, and he later told me he was mowing the lawn and missed the whole thing.

kate, our stores seem to be slowly restocking so maybe your son's will too. Hope everything works out well!

bee, funny how the old Cathe cheesiness doesn't phase me but I can't tolerate the Jane Fonda team's cheesiness. Different strokes I guess. I still have the 1996 vintage Cathe step workouts to do. At the rate I'm going I won't make it to the 2019 workouts for years!

fanofladyvols, I always have an audience when I work out, usually 2 "personal trainers" AKA cats (one of them is the guy in my avatar). They don't get in the way but they do come close for pets while I'm cooling down and stretching.

ChelePA & Kim, not familiar with Manning's ice cream, sounds like a road trip is in order once all is back to "normal."
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 09:53 AM  
manleym

I didn't do any of Cathe's Lives yesterday Cataddict. I thought about doing Muscle Confusion but had a zoom work meeting that didn't finish until after 4 (my time) so I did Lower Body Blast instead. I might try some of her short workouts (10-20 min) that she's posting on FB. May use as add-ons or do several for a longer workout.

Are you doing a Live today?
Old 04-03-20, 11:04 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!

kittybug, believe it or not.... we already got some of your spray stuff. My husband also does some work on cars, though he didn't know the spray. The power steering was out on his truck, so he ordered some stuff for pick up yesterday and had them add the spray. I feel a little better now!

Today I had Pyramid Lower Body on tap, but given my glute problem, I decided to do Butts & Guts instead, which I haven't done in a very long time! It was fun and nostalgic in some ways. Wow, those glute videos Taiga pointed me to have made a difference already! I could feel when my glutes were properly engaged and when my hip flexors would start to take over.

Happy Friday to those who have work zoom meetings that get in the way of Cathe Live videos. I myself have two zoom "meetings" on tap for tomorrow that I'm really looking forward to -- social, of course. Not much on tap today so I keep anticipating those. I do keep thinking there are going to be some great books written about this whole experience and I have some plots in mind myself, so I may start that -- not much of a fiction writer but what else do I have to do besides declutter?!
Old 04-03-20, 11:37 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I didn't do any of Cathe's Lives yesterday Cataddict. I thought about doing Muscle Confusion but had a zoom work meeting that didn't finish until after 4 (my time) so I did Lower Body Blast instead. I might try some of her short workouts (10-20 min) that she's posting on FB. May use as add-ons or do several for a longer workout.

Are you doing a Live today?
No Lives for me today. I did both the one at 5 and the one at 630 earlier in the week. Today I’ll do either Step Jam/Step Heat or some power walking. How about you?
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 11:54 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
No Lives for me today. I did both the one at 5 and the one at 630 earlier in the week. Today I’ll do either Step Jam/Step Heat or some power walking. How about you?
I'm leaning towards an Intensity premix. I did the step only earlier this week. I'll probably do the HiiT's and bootcamp.

You're making me 2nd guess my trade choice since you're doing a classic today.
Old 04-03-20, 01:54 PM  
manleym

KateTT, I'm sorry that somehow I totally missed your son needing cleaning supplies. How is he doing?

How is everyone today?
Old 04-03-20, 02:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Cataddict, yep, I was in the 2001 Nisqually quake and remember the phones being down and overloaded for a good amount of time after. Just when you want to call the most and you can't! Glad your husband was oblivious, hah! And please STOP enabling me to want these vintage Cathe workouts, my goodness!! BTW, I think I've told you this before but I adore your avatar!

Bee, I'm so glad you got some of that spray!!! Happy to help...we all gotta keep supporting each other!

Manleym, keep me posted on what you do with Intensity. I've never done any of the premixes without the step work so I'm curious! And I know, now I'm starting to want these older Cathe workouts. Sigh.

Hope everyone is doing well this fine Friday!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in