Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-15, 01:00 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigithesheltie View Post
I ordered these directly from Beyond Barre on 11/27. Has anyone received them yet or even received a shipment notice?
No shipping notice and no dvds. I was just thinking about it this morning. Of course, they probably aren't like Mary and maybe were even closed on the holiday weekend. They could also have been overwhelmed.

ETA: I also ordered on 11/27.
Old 12-04-15, 01:51 PM  
Rhonda

I asked a couple days ago and Colleen said she spoke with the distributor and all orders from the weekend shipped today (12/2/15). Not sure where they are shipping from, but hoping to have them soon.

The clip on her site has them using the board during class so hoping that is how it is set up.

My board is longer than their's so hope it works out OK. I probably won't be able to slide as fast as they do but that is OK. Some of the other work I can use my glide disc's for.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 02:54 PM  
PhyllisG

I have been wondering too. Good to know they are either on their way or will be soon. Thank you for asking. Yeah wonder where they are shipping from.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 03:49 PM  
PhyllisG

They arrived today. Came from Plymouth MN. Anyone else received theirs? I will probably view or do them tomorrow.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 06:44 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
They arrived today. Came from Plymouth MN. Anyone else received theirs? I will probably view or do them tomorrow.
Mine arrived today also Finished my workouts for the day but tempted just to try tonight any way
Old 12-08-15, 07:53 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Mine arrived today also Finished my workouts for the day but tempted just to try tonight any way
I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 07:54 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post

Well, don't tease. Please scan through the DVDs and give us your initial thoughts.
Old 12-08-15, 08:05 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Well, don't tease. Please scan through the DVDs and give us your initial thoughts.
What she said!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 10:03 PM  
Taiga

Argh!! Company came and foiled my plans. I did rapid scan because I knew people were waiting:

1st---these are dvd-r so that may be a deal breaker for some (not me)

I previewed "Grace" dvd.

I liked the instructor on 1st scan. Not overly peppy/talking at normal pace and she seemed to be enjoying herself. The set was sparse but not in any way distracting. On the darker side (no windows) but not Jari Love dark. Music not inspiring or distracting--can hear the instructor clearly.

She starts with stretch/mobility (ends at ~15min mark on dvd). Some ballet jumping that could easily be modified. Lot of tricep work then chest/biceps. Mostly compound (plies with upper body work). She follows with stretch.

Barre section starts ~22min mark.Calf raises/releve/curtsey lunges and stretch. Mid Barre section starts around 31min---this is typical barre glute work. She follows with stretch.

Lower Barre is inner thigh /ab work. Inner thigh work is similar to Cardiobarre in that you are on back(leaning on elbows). I happen to like this version as it yields good results for me. Ab work is mostly crunch and pilates variations. Not as much my cup of tea. Again,stretch section.

The next section was labeled strength/balance but she announces it as stretch so that's probably an editing goof. Nice stretches/typical fare. I like that she has so much stretching throughout the program and ending.

Glide board is about 8-10min I think. Glide with lifts/ballet legs/glute raises.Then planks & mt climbers.Her slide is shorter than mine so I won't be able to keep the same time but I'll still get a nice workout.

Have to run. All in all, I give it a thumbs up on 1st viewing. I like barre variety and this is a reasonable extra choice for me.
Old 12-09-15, 12:29 AM  
shoegoddess

DVD-R I might wait on these.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beyond barre, beyondbarre, slide board