Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-13, 09:34 PM  
mizvespa

I have a confusing love/hate relationship with meta & continuity

I hate metamorphosis. I hate continuity. However, I love the results. My arms and abs look ridiculous, and I ate a cheeseburger and fries the night before last. I just had a huge plate of spaghetti and am on my second glass of wine. I'm eating whatever I want, yet I'm sooooo close to getting back into my skinnIEST jeans. My legs keep looking more scultped ever week. I never even do more than 20-30 minutes of cardio. EVER.

The workouts are NOT fun. They are frantic. They are annoying. The music sucks. It gives me anxiety. There is no cueing. No encouraging words. Nada. I have to pause constantly to see what she is doing. Some of the ab moves in some levels are repetitive and boring, but then they are complicated and bizarre in the following level.

I just don't like it. I am only on 1.1.3 glutecentric. PLEASE tell me it gets more fun and she starts talking again!!! There is just such a dread factor.
mizvespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 05:41 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I'm sorry you're not enjoying your workouts! that's how I felt about Meta. I only got to level 6, I think. I decided it wasn't worth hating my workouts, but it's great that you're loving your results. I hope it gets better for you!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 06:27 AM  
daisyduke

Wow! We are on the same level. I do omni though!!! 1.1.3 level 9. I double up each ms workout for an hour workout.... No cardio except walking, playing with my toddlwr, yardwork, etc. I, too, love my results and am getting a little bored. The past two levels have been particularly challenging, as I am almost 20 weeks pregnant too. I think it will be fun agaon when we make it to 1.2. I think she uses weights for the arms again and does standing abs. I am too stubborn to quit so i just keep pushing through, and then I remind myself how much time I wasted hating insanity and other programs and getting no results. I much prefer tracy as I sweat lije crazy and its no impact plus the results are ammmaaazing. Maybe we can motivate each other!

Sorry for all the typos... I'm mobile... But was excited to see you were on the same lwvel.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 07:53 AM  
azuniga

Congrats on your results, but I felt the same way you do about Meta. I just can't see myself doing those workouts again because of the dread factor! Yet anything that Tracy releases I want!
Old 08-18-13, 08:05 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuniga View Post
Congrats on your results, but I felt the same way you do about Meta. I just can't see myself doing those workouts again because of the dread factor! Yet anything that Tracy releases I want!
I agree! I finished the 90 day Omni program but did not go on to continuity. I needed a break. I just sold my Meta dvds and bought PD 1 &2. I am hoping these have less of a dread factor and I can mix them in with other things I want to do. I still love Mat and plan on getting Precision Toning. I love the results I got from doing Meta and I hope using these others will be as good.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 09:00 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

mizvespa, I think you started a thread awhile back about using her PDS workouts? Did you get the same great results with that series? I think I would dread meta too but those results sure are tempting
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 09:39 AM  
Cowgirl32

I feel you! I did these workouts and loved the results, but I need a fun factor with workouts and I have ADD. I literally sat on my workout mat and about cried to have to do another Meta workout...It doesn't have to be all or nothing? Do you have any barre workouts/fusion workouts that would compliment TA and would cutdown on the dread?
Old 08-18-13, 09:47 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32 View Post
It doesn't have to be all or nothing? Do you have any barre workouts/fusion workouts that would compliment TA and would cutdown on the dread?
Well, you all know how I feel about barre. I absolutely love barre and have gotten great results from it. I can't eat whatever I want (I think that would be the case with any workout method--I'm in my 40's and I just don't have as much latitude with diet as I used to...)

Maybe you could sub in some other workouts a couple of times a week? I remember Sarah (SCBayless), a huge TA fan, did Meta M-F and then 'visited her other friends' on the weekends! I always loved the way she put that!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 10:14 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I would not be able to keep doing a workout that makes me so miserable. Two things that help me make Continuity more fun/enjoyable: First, I play my own music. I did not do that the first year but at one point I thought I would go crazy from listening to the same. music. every. day!! Second, because the workouts are so short, it is easy to add on something and I let myself do whatever I feel like. Often that will be a dance-based workout and in the last few months it has been kundalini yoga.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 12:00 PM  
raeven

This is a toughie. On the one hand, you don't want to hate your workouts and be miserable. On the other hand, you are loving your results! Now, mind you, I can't stick to workouts of any sort. I'm all over the place...but I have 100lbs to lose, so I find everything a chore. But I always try to tell myself...it's 30 minutes. No matter how bad it sucks, or how much I hate it..it's 30 minutes of my day. Thats it. I can hate it for 30 minutes...but spend all the rest of my time glad that I did it!

Maybe some suggestions that might help? Like others always say, play your own music. To me, the music in her videos don't bother me. I guess I just zone out and don't even notice it honestly. Then again, for meta, i've only done levels one and two. So perhaps it would get on my nerves alot more. Another thought, take notes on the level, what the move is, how many reps you want to do, and don't even play the video. Or play the video..see the move and pause and do your own reps...then go on to the next move, and repeat. I considered doing both those things, but never got around to it. What I ended up doing it following along with the video and just doing however many reps I could and just stretching it out while waiting for her to finish that move and go on. Mind you, i'm thinking of the all fours work in these scenarios. Her arm work and standing abs is different.

Be creative and patient and remember the results!! Everybody's raving over the results they get from her stuff is what helps me keep pushing through, and hoping eventually one day I'll really be able to get the most out of her workouts! Or maybe only do TA a couple of days a week and do other stuff you enjoy more as well...spice it up!!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote