Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-20, 11:50 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Hi girls! Wow, earthquakes, viruses...sheesh...don't need anymore of that!
Hope everyone is still doing well. I'm getting anxious for my oldest son who does not have much for cleaning supplies! I can't find any disinfectant online at all so I may end of mailing him what I have. He's high risk (heart and lung issues) so I worry.

I've been searching also for some work-at-home jobs. My boss says he's calling me back as soon as possible, but I'm nervous. I have always worked. I don't like not working.

Anyway..STAY SAFE you all!

Yesterday I did Michelle's Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix. I actually didn't like this as much as some of her other CS workouts, but it was still good. Still a sweaty workout!

Today I did an OLD Cathe from 1999. I'm not sure how I got out of chronological order on this one. Hey! Fun! The outfits were VERY dated, but the workout was good stuff! Nothing overly complicated with the choreo but still had some fun moves. This workout is where Cathe introduces plyo lunges (she says) and flying angels. All good!

Tomorrow I'm going to leave open and just do whatever I feel. I'm thinking total body strength.

Big waves to ChelePA, manleym, Kim, kittybug, Linda, bee, cataddict and anyone else I might have missed. One thing is constant in this crazy time...we're ALL FIERCE and we're ALL DEDICATED! Keep up the great work!
Which Cathe did you do? I will pop in later with workout updates and to chat but I was just curious and couldn't wait.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 11:57 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Which Cathe did you do? I will pop in later with workout updates and to chat but I was just curious and couldn't wait.
Oops, that would help. I did Step Fit. Really dated, but the choreography was fun and not too hard for me. I struggle sometimes with fancy footwork.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 11:58 AM  
manleym

So this is kinda off topic, but ya'll are experts so I'd love your suggestions.

I have a trade in the works (obviously wanting until all this mess dies down before going to the PO). The trader has Cathe Classics Vol 1 and RWH Plyo. I'm leaning towards choosing RWH Plyo but wanted your input since ya'll are experts.

What say you??
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 12:16 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post

I have a trade in the works (obviously wanting until all this mess dies down before going to the PO). The trader has Cathe Classics Vol 1 and RWH Plyo. I'm leaning towards choosing RWH Plyo but wanted your input since ya'll are experts.

What say you??
I think it depends on what type of workout you’re looking for. Steady state versus Hiit I don’t have the classics step video, but I have most of her other DVDs. I love all of her step routines!!! RWH Plyo is tough. Hiit One is crazy intense and it doesn’t even use the step. The second one is also difficult, but more manageable for me. I think because Power 7s are scattered throughout on the step. I just recently acquired this one too. I feel so accomplished after completing any of these workouts and both are under 30 minutes. You can make it a longer and a more difficult routine using the premixes. There are also two ab chapters on it that are quite good. Plus a variety of premixes that mishmosh the two routines. Good luck with your choice! You can never go wrong with Cathe!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 02:12 PM  
manleym

Thanks for the input, ChelePA! RWH Plyo is the only one I need to complete my RWH series, but I didn't get it because I have her HiiT from the Shock Series. But then I have so many of her other step that I love, do I need Classics Vol 1? Gives me something to dwell on.

How is your foot healing?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 02:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Fierce women, you are so awesome! I'm doing a quick drive-by here to catch up but I'll check in after I work out today.

Fanofladyvols, hah!! One of my cats watches me work out sometimes with a disgusted face that clearly says, 'Stupid human.'

Kim and ChelePA, stop tempting me with your awesome ice cream unless you're going to share with the whole class!!

Manleym, thank you! I'm fine, although my husband is enjoying making fun of my earthquake phobia! Did you decide on your trade? I see you as happier with RWH but then again, some of those early Cathe step routines could be fun to have!

KateTT, I'm so sorry about not being able to find cleaning supplies for your son! That's pretty much the situation here too, though I'll share something with you...my husband is a bit of a 'car guy' and brought home some of those shop paper towels (the blue ones) and an all-purpose cleaner sold in the auto aisles that CAN BE USED IN THE HOME called Spray Nine. Brilliant. Nobody was shopping in the auto aisle so it was 100 percent stocked with these items when he got them, while the paper and cleaning product aisles were completely bare. Way to think outside the box, husband!! Spray Nine (and other cleaners like it) might be a tad more expensive than something like Lysol but it kills viruses and bacteria and is safe to use in the house. That might be something to look for. Hope that helps!

Cathe's Lower Body Blast extreme premix is on my agenda today...that premix is long but it's one of my absolute favorite lower body workouts of hers and I need the good distraction right now!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 02:39 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post

What say you??
Manley, I think you would like Ripped With Hiit Plyo better than the Classics Vol 1. You seem to like the harder workouts.

Here are my notes from the back of the Classics Vol I disc:

Step Jam - starts slow then really fun but not too brutal. This one is 60 minutes- just steady state step cardio with warmup and cooldown.

Step Heat - repetitious, but not terrible, fun at the end. Not too hard. This one is 59 minutes which includes 7 minutes of abs. the steady state step is 35 minutes.

Step Max - first and second sections are moderate, third section is hard and fun. (when I talk about moderate and hard I'm referring to the cardio output, not the step choreography) This one is 56 minutes with 40 minutes of steady state step.

I mean, if it was me, I would have both DVDs in my collection. But, I think you will be happier with RWH. Oh, but if you want something different, these old steady state cardio workouts are different. However, I think Cathe's better step workouts came with the Maximum Intensity Cardio, Interval Max and Rhythmic Step era. Oh boy! Do you see why I have all the Cathe workouts?

Kim

Oh forgot one more thing: you get more bang for your buck if you get Classics Vol 1, 3 workouts on one DVD! (I was just reading the cover of the DVD) But seriously, I think you'll be better off with RWH.
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 03:34 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Oops, that would help. I did Step Fit. Really dated, but the choreography was fun and not too hard for me. I struggle sometimes with fancy footwork.
Okay I figured you did one of the ones she put on DVD. FYI, it was not from 1999 but rather from 1995-1996 (I had the original VHS which shows the date) so it's even more dated than you think! The other two step workouts on that DVD were from 1995.

Anyone looking for IMHO "simpler" step choreography would do well to try Cathe's earlier step. Her cuing is much better than later on (I'm assuming she thinks everyone knows the movements already maybe? yes that's true in my case but I still need a second or two to actually do it. I despise cuing right on the move, but I digress )

Good that you were able to get the moves! And I bet you "looked HOT!"

Getting ready to do the Cathe Live scheduled for 5pm EST. Also planning on doing the one at 6:30 with a quick shower in between (I can't tolerate wet, sweaty underwear. TMI, I know) Looking forward to them!!
Old 04-02-20, 03:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley, I think you would like Ripped With Hiit Plyo better than the Classics Vol 1. You seem to like the harder workouts.

Here are my notes from the back of the Classics Vol I disc:

Step Jam - starts slow then really fun but not too brutal. This one is 60 minutes- just steady state step cardio with warmup and cooldown.

Step Heat - repetitious, but not terrible, fun at the end. Not too hard. This one is 59 minutes which includes 7 minutes of abs. the steady state step is 35 minutes.

Step Max - first and second sections are moderate, third section is hard and fun. (when I talk about moderate and hard I'm referring to the cardio output, not the step choreography) This one is 56 minutes with 40 minutes of steady state step.

I mean, if it was me, I would have both DVDs in my collection. But, I think you will be happier with RWH. Oh, but if you want something different, these old steady state cardio workouts are different. However, I think Cathe's better step workouts came with the Maximum Intensity Cardio, Interval Max and Rhythmic Step era. Oh boy! Do you see why I have all the Cathe workouts?

Kim

Oh forgot one more thing: you get more bang for your buck if you get Classics Vol 1, 3 workouts on one DVD! (I was just reading the cover of the DVD) But seriously, I think you'll be better off with RWH.
The bolded paragraph is one I could have written myself, down to the Why I have all (or almost all) Cathe workouts!
Old 04-02-20, 03:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello!!

That ice cream talk has me drooling!

Manleym, I think you can't go wrong with either one, but as others have pointed out, they're not really apples to apples, so maybe think if you want more intensity or larger quantity of older step.

KateTT, so sorry to hear about your son! Great tip on the Spray Nine and the auto parts store, kittybug. Might have to get there as I don't have a lot of that stuff either.

Oh, and Kate, I almost did Step Fit this morning! I just couldn't stomach the dated-ness of it so I did Athletic Step instead. It was fun and a decent workout, but let's just say Cathe's not going to be asking me to be in a step video anytime soon.

Ok, off to get something done..... or do a puzzle while I procrastinate!!

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in