Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-20, 07:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Y'all, we just had an earthquake where I live and I'm now totally convinced the world is ending. Nothing freaks me out more!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 07:05 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Y'all, we just had an earthquake where I live and I'm now totally convinced the world is ending. Nothing freaks me out more!!
WHAT?!!?!

Are you OK?!? I can't even begin to imagine being in an earthquake!! Especially during these days!! How terrifying!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 07:06 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Okay so I started a separate post for today's workouts.

I did Cardio Kicks followed by Cathe Live PHA 2020. Cardio Kicks was good fun from 1999. Intense, but not killer. I always enjoy seeing guys in workouts, and the two male participants didn't disappoint.

manleym, were we doing PHA 2020 at the same time? That's the second time we've done that! We must be on the same wavelength. I really liked it. I was okay with doing two rounds of 8 exercises twice. For some reason I get bored if the exercises are repeated more than twice and I was happy that this one didn't. She also inserted some less commonly used exercises. I'm seriously considering buying this download.

Not sure what's up for tomorrow. DH is off and unless the Cathe Live freebies are ones that I am interested in I probably will take a walk as a "rest"day.

My next "oldie" in my "old to new" Cathe rotation is either Step Heat or Step Jam. Both are vintage 1996. I'm not doing the oldies in exact order since I don't really want to do step more than 2 to 3 times a week maximum. The next weight workout will be Power Hour.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 07:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
WHAT?!!?!

Are you OK?!? I can't even begin to imagine being in an earthquake!! Especially during these days!! How terrifying!!
I'm fine, just freaked the heck out and there's no data available yet to tell us WHERE exactly it was! I ran down the stairs and outside, I was so freaked out! I have a huge fear of earthquakes after having been in a couple of big ones, and this seems like the worst timing ever to be worrying about them!
Old 03-31-20, 07:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm fine, just freaked the heck out and there's no data available yet to tell us WHERE exactly it was! I ran down the stairs and outside, I was so freaked out! I have a huge fear of earthquakes after having been in a couple of big ones, and this seems like the worst timing ever to be worrying about them!
Um...should you...run ...outside?

I don't blame you for being freaked...it's like we are all set on a super high sensitivity frequency

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 07:34 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug and Manley, I was mistaken when I said I didn't like Intensity. I was thinking of Cross Fire. I did part of Intensity tonight and LOVED it!! I should have done the step only premix because I only made it to part of the HiiT work. The entire workout is super hard, but so fun! You're right about those blasts. I agree it felt like the entire step section was one big blast.

Cataddict I will try for Step Heat or Step Jam this week. Oh boy, I also mentioned I might do Cardio and Weights this week. Yowsa!

Kittybug, I am so sorry about the earthquake. Oh boy, not fun. We don't get them in Pennsylvania. However, several years ago our area could feel some of the affects of one that was down the coast somewhere, I can't really remember where. I was sitting at my desk at work and I felt the most unsettling feeling. It made me dizzy even though it only lasted a few seconds. I DID NOT LIKE it at all. I learned later that it was from an earthquake. So scary.

Lets hope for better things tomorrow.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 10:00 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Kittybug and Manley, I was mistaken when I said I didn't like Intensity. I was thinking of Cross Fire. I did part of Intensity tonight and LOVED it!! I should have done the step only premix because I only made it to part of the HiiT work. The entire workout is super hard, but so fun! You're right about those blasts. I agree it felt like the entire step section was one big blast.

Cataddict I will try for Step Heat or Step Jam this week. Oh boy, I also mentioned I might do Cardio and Weights this week. Yowsa!

Kittybug, I am so sorry about the earthquake. Oh boy, not fun. We don't get them in Pennsylvania. However, several years ago our area could feel some of the affects of one that was down the coast somewhere, I can't really remember where. I was sitting at my desk at work and I felt the most unsettling feeling. It made me dizzy even though it only lasted a few seconds. I DID NOT LIKE it at all. I learned later that it was from an earthquake. So scary.

Lets hope for better things tomorrow.

Kim
I love Intensity!!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 08:11 AM  
manleym

Yep, Cataddict, looks like we were doing PHA 2020 at the same yesterday! We are on the same wavelength! I thought it was good too! I need to try Cardio Kicks. Thanks for the feedback to put on my radar.

Kittybug, how are you doing today? I hope you were able to get some rest last night, but I know how terrifying the earthquake must have been. So very, very unsettling.

Kim and ChelePA glad ya'll love Intensity too! I may use premixes this week and "try" the entire workout next week. It's a doozy!!

I hope you are all ok. Please post how you are doing. This is a safe place to vent, encourage, and help one another. Take care, my fierce friends.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-20, 09:32 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hah, fanofladyvols, nope, I probably shouldn't have gone running outside...it was sort of a knee-jerk panic reaction!

Kim, I know exactly what you mean by the dizzy...it's an awful feeling!!

Manleym, I didn't sleep too well but I already knew that would happen. Weird times indeed! Going to try to power through today, sigh.

Looks like we have some Intensity fans here!! Yay! It is really fun...hard but fun but HARD!

Cataddict, I wish I had known about Cathe as far back as 1996!!

I'll check in later if I have energy to do my planned Michelle workout! Stay fierce everyone!
Old 04-01-20, 11:13 AM  
ChelePA

Kim I remember that earthquake in Pennsylvania like it was yesterday. My daughter and I were at the local zoo. And I said to her did you feel that? I also immediately felt dizzy. My husband evacuated his building at work. I can’t imagine how it feels when it’s a bigger earthquake. ((Hugs))

Today I did CTX—kickboxing portion with my weighted gloves and also one of the ab chapters. I really enjoyed it! I’ve also been checking out chair workouts on YouTube. I sampled a few yesterday. Definitely can kick the heart rate up! I was disappointed because many of them don’t have music. Lots of talking throughout. But overall good workouts! I like to move to a beat. I know I can add my own music. Just a silly complaint.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in