Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-20, 05:23 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Yes, this is it exactly! Plus, my girls do social activities at the library (teen hangout/games weekly, Dungeons & Dragons monthly) and they miss that interaction. I just miss the feeling from wandering around a bit, even if I don't check anything out.
Can your daughters play games online with their friends? My husband plays Dungeons and Dragons online with his buddies from high school he used to play with. It makes him so happy!
Old 03-27-20, 07:28 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Non-essential essentials:

Books - I'm fortunate that I had a lot out of the library when they shut down. Plus I have my Kindle, and my local library system has been great about increasing their digital offerings during the crisis.

Fresh fruit and veg - we're eating weirdly anyway (LOTS of meat since it's easier to get than fish), and I really want to keep fresh fruits and vegetables on the table as long as possible.

Liquid bath soap for bubble baths - my preferred way of washing these days is a long, hot bubbly bath. Dim the lights, mute the husband and I can lower my stress levels for a little while.

Laundromat/dry cleaner - I'm in a city of both low car ownership and low washer/dryer ownership. We do same-day drop off and pick up for our laundry at the local dry cleaner. The owner told me last week that she is taking it day by day, since the big laundry facility that handles her customers is very slow (very few hotel and restaurant linens these days), so she's not sure how much longer she can offer laundry services. I'm dreading the day I have to wash everything in the tub.
Old 03-28-20, 08:10 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Another one who really likes going to the library to just look around, even if I am not checking anything out. But I have a pile of books at home to read, plus more on my Kindle so I have plenty available until the library reopens.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 09:20 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Can your daughters play games online with their friends? My husband plays Dungeons and Dragons online with his buddies from high school he used to play with. It makes him so happy!
How fun! Oldest DD plays DnD with two different groups, and one group had their first online campaign last night. They tried Roll20 but had technical difficulties, so they ended up doing it on Discord. It wasn't perfect but better than nothing!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 11:26 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I've always had a well-stocked pantry and could last at least a month at any time without going to the stores (although would miss fresh fruits and vegetables). I have stocked up on wine and coffee (I get my beans mail order from Georgehowellcoffee.com). I'm making my weekly grocery orders with the Walmart grocery app and pick it up in the parking lot. I'm able to get almost everything I need since dh is vegan and the rest of us eat mostly plant-based.

I've worn a short hairstyle for years (almost pixie cut) and am not sure what I'm going to look like if this goes past April 10 (my next appointment). Our state is shelter at home until April 7 and I think my husband and I will shelter in home past that date. We're almost 61 and 70. Healthy, but you never know.
Old 03-28-20, 11:46 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

We've never done the store pick-up grocery shopping. (Living in the sticks, there would not be home deliveries.)

It is a strategy we will have to investigate. Do you have to have an app to do that?

Our latest stay at home orders are until April 19th. That is due to too many dumb-asses congregating in parks and trails. (rolleyes)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 12:40 PM  
buffmama

I ordered CO2 for the Soda Streamer.
Old 03-28-20, 04:35 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I dug out my Nespresso and will be trying to make a latte for me and a mocha for hubby at home.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 07:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I dug out my Nespresso and will be trying to make a latte for me and a mocha for hubby at home.
I like how you used the word "trying."
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 09:16 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
One of my dogs loves the library. He always leads me there and walks right up to the automatic door. They do not allow dogs but he wants to go in badly. He will just sit there and stare inside. I don't know what he thinks is inside for him!
This just made me incredibly happy for some reason :: Thank you for the lift; it's been a tough week.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19