Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-22-20, 05:37 AM  
antbuko

We ordered takeout too. They were supposed to ding and run but I guess the delivery guy didn't get the message and he waited for us to answer the door.

Thanks to a local Facebook group that my daughter follows, we were able to find a store with stock of paper goods yesterday. Then I needed some Swisspers triple size cotton balls and they were cleaned out. The tiny cotton balls were in stock. I am just curious as to what people are using the triple size for.
Old 03-22-20, 05:56 AM  
dnna

If you use miceller water type cleanser to clean your face, you generally would use a triple size cotton pad. or you would use that size for general makeup removal.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 10:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
We ordered takeout too. They were supposed to ding and run but I guess the delivery guy didn't get the message and he waited for us to answer the door.

Thanks to a local Facebook group that my daughter follows, we were able to find a store with stock of paper goods yesterday. Then I needed some Swisspers triple size cotton balls and they were cleaned out. The tiny cotton balls were in stock. I am just curious as to what people are using the triple size for.
I hate to say it Helen but people around here are wiping their behundus with cotton balls. Our Mayor comes on Facebook every day pleading with us to stop flushing cotton balls and other choice items down the toilet.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 10:29 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have pizza planned for next week. Really the only thing we will miss is Chinese food, but that is fine. I have been cooking and baking since I was ten.
Sherry, not that you'll necessarily have all ingredients on hand, but Sam the Cooking Guy on youtube has shown us that it's pretty easy to make yummy tasting asian dishes. Some of his ingredients in some dishes I wouldn't personally use (fake cheese from a jar for mexican stuff) but boy we've had a lot of good hits from his recipes and they are very straight forward. Warning that he does sometimes drop some F-bombs -- I think they bleep some but maybe not all.
Old 03-22-20, 10:35 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Bee!
I made banana chocolate chip muffins, two kinds of roasted vegetables, macaroni and cheese, and split pea soup . I am making apples and cinnamon in the crock pot to put on steel cut oatmeal which I will make later since we are
almost out of Greek yogurt, and we do not have many fresh berries left. I am trying to use what we have and avoid the store for as long as possible. I have three ripe bananas left. I will make another batch of muffins tomorrow and freeze those.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 11:36 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

DH had to go to the hardware store yesterday to get propane. He had to go into the store to pay. A couple behind him with a cart kept nudging closer and closer (within the 6ft zone). He asked them to move back and they seemed to totally ignore him.

My hubby is not one to be ignored and when the wife got even closer to him he started yelling at them. They did back off.

He thinks it was a language issue and that they didn't speak English. Still, folks of all languages must know that there is a big issue. Especially around senior citizens.

ROLLEYES at stupid and/or ignorant people!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 12:43 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I mentioned in my check-in how often I have to cross the street during my outdoor walks. People are just walking right toward me on the sidewalk and if I don't cross the street they will be within inches of me! Really people? I know it's a nuisance but isn't it better to just keep your distance and be safe than sorry?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 12:49 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I mentioned in my check-in how often I have to cross the street during my outdoor walks. People are just walking right toward me on the sidewalk and if I don't cross the street they will be within inches of me! Really people? I know it's a nuisance but isn't it better to just keep your distance and be safe than sorry?
People were respectful and responsible yesterday, but today, I experienced the same thing in my neighborhood. The worst are the ones who walk two abreast and expect you to either cross the street or go out into the street.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 12:52 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
People were respectful and responsible yesterday, but today, I experienced the same thing in my neighborhood. The worst are the ones who walk two abreast and expect you to either cross the street or go out into the street.
I know! And normally I'll just stand my ground but not now. We need distance and if they're too selfish to do it then I will.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 01:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I believe people are just not thinking and are totally unaware rather than deliberately malicious. The ones who walk two abreast or walk with a dog and expect you to go into the street are the same people who won't keep their distance now. Some are just so into their own thing they don't pay attention to others.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing