Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-13, 09:09 PM  
boukilisa

Does anyone use Slip-on Dancers for Zumba?

I have just about given up the search for the perfect Zumba shoe.

I tried Bloch dance sneakers but the lack of arch support through the middle of the shoe left me with bad arch, ankle and knee pain before the workout really started good. I have the same issue with other dance sneakers. I work out on a wooden gym floor but my running shoes and crosstrainers grip too much and make pivots and turns knee-risky. I saw these Slip-on dancers made especially for dancing on a wooden floor in regular athletic and running shoes. This might be the solution for me. Has anyone tried these?

Slip-on Dancers
Old 08-18-13, 09:28 PM  
NRGWoman

I have tried them and I love them. They do exactly what they are advertised to do. I also use them with Turbo Fire/Jam since there are a lot of pivots in them too.

My only issue with them is they are made for women with smaller feet. Even though they say they fit everyone, they don't. I wear an 11 in athletic shoes and they make my toes go to sleep if I wear them over running shoes that have a wide forefoot.

Your future isn't written yet, your future is what you make it, so make it a good one. - Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future III

What would happen if everyday I woke up and I did everything in my power to change my life? How would my life be different in a month, a year? - Liz Murray, Homeless to Harvard
NRGWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 09:38 PM  
azuniga

I need something like this for my Buti workouts! There is a squat move that my feet don't glide as easily as hers but I dot think I can use them barefoot.
Old 08-18-13, 10:12 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGWoman View Post
I have tried them and I love them. They do exactly what they are advertised to do. I also use them with Turbo Fire/Jam since there are a lot of pivots in them too.

My only issue with them is they are made for women with smaller feet. Even though they say they fit everyone, they don't. I wear an 11 in athletic shoes and they make my toes go to sleep if I wear them over running shoes that have a wide forefoot.
Thanks! I wear size 9.5. I wonder if I'd have the same problem. Do they loosen up over time?

Quote:
I need something like this for my Buti workouts! There is a squat move that my feet don't glide as easily as hers but I dot think I can use them barefoot.
Would a ballet slipper work?
Old 08-18-13, 10:29 PM  
NRGWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post
Thanks! I wear size 9.5. I wonder if I'd have the same problem. Do they loosen up over time?
No they don't. Ultimately, I took them apart and added more ribbon so they were bigger and they are now fabulous!!

Your future isn't written yet, your future is what you make it, so make it a good one. - Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future III

What would happen if everyday I woke up and I did everything in my power to change my life? How would my life be different in a month, a year? - Liz Murray, Homeless to Harvard
NRGWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 10:38 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGWoman View Post
No they don't. Ultimately, I took them apart and added more ribbon so they were bigger and they are now fabulous!!
Good idea! I wonder if I could make my own.
Old 08-19-13, 10:03 AM  
azuniga

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post

Would a ballet slipper work?
Hadn't thought about that! Might just work!
Old 08-19-13, 01:37 PM  
boukilisa

I ordered a pair this morning. Fitbottomed Girls highly recommends them too. Thanks!