Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-13, 06:36 PM  
sunnyside

I bought my daughter the One and I have the Zip. We were comparing them side be side and my Zip suddenly showed two little buddy images side by side! I guess my Zip noticed her One was close by. We laughed so hard it was so funny!

The Zip was easier to see/read outside than the One. It's a bit more simple and doesn't show sleep patterns. You tap the front to read through the different choices vs the button on the One. It sticks it tounge out at you when you aren't moving, smiles when you are active, huge smile when very active, eyes closed when its asleep. And it does that buddy thing when you are around other Fitbits. It runs on a battery so you don't have to charge it.

I really don't know which I like better, but this might help with your decision.
Old 05-07-13, 07:21 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Does anyone who has The One have trouble with losing the Fitbit from the silicone holder? I read complaints about that on Amazon reviews.

Thanks!
Sherry
mine fell out one day but fortunately I was in the driveway..... and heard it drop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
I bought my daughter the One and I have the Zip. We were comparing them side be side and my Zip suddenly showed two little buddy images side by side! I guess my Zip noticed her One was close by. We laughed so hard it was so funny!
OMG that's so stinkin cool!!!! I want to see that!!!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:32 PM  
sunnyside

Caligirl - I know! It was so cool! I've also seen a monster/crab image on it and have no idea what that means. The images show and disappear really fast. I have searched all over the Internet and can't find images of the buddies or the monter/crab thing.
Old 05-07-13, 09:50 PM  
Gyggles1

Hi, I have the Ultra and love it but I am sure the One is awesome... me personally I don't use the holster and have never lost it ( knock on wood ), I wear it on my pants or sports bra is I am outside or running / walking. I was wondering if the Flex would count steps just moving your arm but it looks cool! I think the One is the safest bet, I FITBIT!!!

Love this message by Jessica Smith
"every step you take is one step closer to your goal"
Gyggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 10:13 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

That buddy thing sounds really neat! There's a similar feature built in to the Nintendo 3DS - besides a built-in pedometer, if you walk near someone who has a 3DS, your Mii avatars will appear in the Mii Plazas of each other's consoles. My daughter likes to walk all around crowded areas like malls at holiday time to see if she can collect Miis. It's a fun way to get lots of extra walking done. That would be great to have something like that on the Fitbit.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 11:27 PM  
Just_Jo

I've worn a fitbit for a long time. I had the Ultra which I loved, but when it died (I wore it out LOL), I bought the Zip. I LOVE my zip! The only feature I miss is being able to mark my workouts. That's really no big deal, though. I never reallly used it that much to monitor my sleep, which is why I got the Zip.

I have noticed the Zip stays put much better than my old Ultra. I am very pleased.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 07:28 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Hmm, interesting..mine doesn't do that!
I wonder if the inaccuracies are from people wearing them on the wrong arm. Some have posted that they got better readings when they switched to the non dominate arm. This decision should not be this hard. Well, I have a few more days to research before Mother's Day.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 09:11 AM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Does anyone who has The One have trouble with losing the Fitbit from the silicone holder? I read complaints about that on Amazon reviews.

Thanks!
Sherry

Mine's fallen out a couple times at home. One side is a little wide than the other & I think when it's fallen out I put it in the holder in the dark when I first woke up & put it in backwards.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 12:20 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Thought I'd share this article: http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/fitbi...184058112.html

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 12:39 PM  
Hilary

One big difference between the Flex and the One (which I have, and love) is that the Flex doesn't count stairs. This is huge for me. It is so easy for us to take the elevator or escalator instead of climbing stairs, and climbing stairs is so good for you! Wearing my One has really motivated me to embrace stair-climbing The One also counts climbing up inclines as stairs. My best friend and I were in Providence, RI, a few months ago, going up and down College Hill several times a day as well as just generally walking around a fairly hilly area and I ended up with something like 60 flights of stairs for that day.

If you have a college student, I would think the stair-counting feature would be very helpful. I work at a university and the avoiding-stairs option is always a temptation. With my One, I have been much more motivated to choose the stairs.

Finally, I have never ever had my One fall out of its holder. It's in there very snugly. I wear mine on my bra and once I put it on for the day, I pretty much forget about it.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote