Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-13, 09:17 AM  
chrisqan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
I can understand you feeling that you overpaid for the postage used, but I don't think expecting them to ship on Saturday so you could have them by Tuesday was a realistic expectation. Most post offices close by noon on Saturday so getting orders processed, dvds packaged, addressed & delivered by noon when they were celebrating their anniversary weekend of classes just seems way too much to expect.

I order from Mary very frequently and while she prints postage on the weekend or at night (so I get the email that my order has "shipped"), it isn't necessarily given to the post office at that time.

Joan
Yes, this is what I thought too. I ordered pretty early on Saturday but did not plan these workouts to be in my rotation this week. I expect them by the end of the week so I can use them next week. I'm actually pleasantly surprised they are shipping most of the orders by today. Also from my experience, First Class Mail and Priority tends to take the same amount of time: 2-3 days. So I'm okay with them choosing the cheaper option when the DVD set is already offered at such a discount. But I completely understand other people's eagerness- just the life of a vidiot
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 09:18 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
I can understand you feeling that you overpaid for the postage used, but I don't think expecting them to ship on Saturday so you could have them by Tuesday was a realistic expectation. Most post offices close by noon on Saturday so getting orders processed, dvds packaged, addressed & delivered by noon when they were celebrating their anniversary weekend of classes just seems way too much to expect.

I order from Mary very frequently and while she prints postage on the weekend or at night (so I get the email that my order has "shipped"), it isn't necessarily given to the post office at that time.

Joan
Yes, I know you're right and I didn't really expect them to ship until Monday. I'm glad that they were prompt with getting them out, though. There have been other vendors who wait weeks to ship (remember Booty Slides?).

There is still a chance that I could get them Wednesday, even with first class. I certainly hope so! And it is hard waiting...life of a vidiot as chrisqan said. You want to get started right away!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 09:20 AM  
momofcha

They are worth the wait!!!! I did barre again this morning. Still this set and I hope many more of you feel the same!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 09:52 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisqan View Post
So I'm okay with them choosing the cheaper option when the DVD set is already offered at such a discount.
i fully expected that issue to be brought up... but as mentioned previously... it's a matter of integrity that we were told PRIORITY and didn't get it.... and we were told priority with the cheaper price of the dvd's.... it's not like they advertised that we were getting the birthday special but were going to get cheaper shipping that we paid priority price for (if you look up on USPS' site it is, indeed, $5.80 for the priority flat mail box)

i don't have any other dealings with this company... but from things said in the thread and others i read to decide whether or not to buy it... it appears there have been issues with the in the past.... i guess this just adds to it....
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 10:01 AM  
chrisqan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
i fully expected that issue to be brought up... but as mentioned previously... it's a matter of integrity that we were told PRIORITY and didn't get it.... and we were told priority with the cheaper price of the dvd's.... it's not like they advertised that we were getting the birthday special but were going to get cheaper shipping that we paid priority price for (if you look up on USPS' site it is, indeed, $5.80 for the priority flat mail box)

i don't have any other dealings with this company... but from things said in the thread and others i read to decide whether or not to buy it... it appears there have been issues with the in the past.... i guess this just adds to it....
While I fully respect that, for me the issue is such a small one, I'm letting it go. It doesn't seem to be worth it, to me, to stress about it since there are so many bigger things in my life that needs stressing :P. In the end, whether integrity is involved or not, it's still just about two very similar shipping methods a fitness company dvd decided to use.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 10:36 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

And, think of how many orders they received from Video Fitness alone this past weekend. You know they got a ton of sales from us.

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 11:00 AM  
koinonia

Question for those who's been doing this set, what are you using in place of the resistance bands? I have resistance tubing, do you think that will be okay?
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 11:09 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
And, think of how many orders they received from Video Fitness alone this past weekend. You know they got a ton of sales from us.

Pam
i was thinking that.... it's not like the couple dollars difference in shipping made that big of a difference to each of us individually... but when you multiply those couple dollars by the number of sets they probably sold... that's a huge amount they got from all of us due to their deception....
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 11:29 AM  
koinonia

I assume the postage thing was a mistake or possible typo, so it wasn't a big deal to me. Stuff happens in business. The overall sale of the set + shipping is still a great deal. I don't think they were intentionally trying to deceive people, but if people want to think that, oh well.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 12:04 PM  
LoveVA

Why don't you guys email someone at Fusion Fitness for clarification on shipping? I doubt it was deliberate. Could be a mistake.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body