Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-13, 07:23 AM  
MARIKA

Carla, Your allowed by law to make a reasonable amount of noise during the day. You have to live your life.Sounds like there is nothing you will be able to do if setting a kb down is against his approval.
Old 05-07-13, 07:36 AM  
Demeris

I am something of a grumpy neighbor when it comes to noise, but if I KNOW noise is coming, and I KNOW the time length of the noise is limited, I can deal with it.

Would it be possible to negotiate with this grumpy neighbor? Ask him if there's a time when you could make the working-out-noise? He might be amenable to scheduled noise (I know I have been, in the past--when the rock band lived behind me and negotiated for practice times).
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 07:58 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaShanti View Post
Well, we've done negotiations and all that. I'm doing my best. What I'm really looking for here are suggestions of low impact workouts, because I've been out of the loop for some months and don't know what's come out lately. Thanks!
You've found Cathe's Low Impact series. She also has a workout in her X-Train series that might be good for you - All Out Low Impact HiiT. I'll let people who have done it comment on whether it really is a good one that is truly low impact. I've seen raves about it here on VF and that's why it came to mind.

Kelly Coffey Meyer came out with a new 30 Minute Fitness workout last year that might fit - Cardio Quick Fix. Realize though that it didn't get the best reviews, so definitely watch the clips.

You know about Ellen Barrettt workouts from before you left, I assume. If she is for you, she has come out with a couple of new DVDs recently.

Paul Katami has several kettlebell workouts ranging from beginner to advanced.

I have not done most of these workouts, but they came to mind due to your description of what you are looking for. Good luck finding something that works for you.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:04 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post

Kelly Coffey Meyer came out with a new 30 Minute Fitness workout last year that might fit - Cardio Quick Fix. Realize though that it didn't get the best reviews, so definitely watch the clips.
if he gripes when she sets down a kettlebell... she's pretty much screwed.... even with KCM's QF there's some marching and stepping that will annoy him....

i'm surprised this idiot even "allows" her to walk around without complaining....

as for the kettlebells.... maybe if you get a puzzlemat piece or a towel to set them on?
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:12 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
OMG.... this dude's not a butthead... he's and @$$hole!

if you aren't working out in the middle of the night or really early in the morning then you have a right to live your life in the home you pay for! he's just going to have to deal with a little noise...
Totally agree with this. What an a@@wipe. I would complain to the landlord. You have a right to use your home how you see fit.

I'm so contrary that I'd probably be jumping around on purpose just to irritate the guy.

My only constructive thought in this conversation (sorry, but I'm irate for you) is perhaps if you put down a gymnastics style mat to cushion the sound?
Old 05-07-13, 08:12 AM  
altinker

Maybe try barre workouts. Those are low impact.

Tracy Anderson's muscular structure work is also low impact, but her cardio is high impact for sure -- so your neighbor will hear that.

Ellen Barrett shouldn't be too bad - at least the ones I've tried.

I wouldn't do Turbo Fire. That is high impact.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:20 AM  
olala

Bellicone or JumpSport non-spring rebounders will be geat.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:21 AM  
TinaS

I love Cathe's Low Impact Series. Your neighbor sounds impossible and is probably one miserable human being!

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:24 AM  
Tugger31

Ask him to workout with you, sounds like he could use some endorphins!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:25 AM  
CarlaShanti

Thanks for all your suggestions! We have talked about certain days and times that would be best, and I do look out the window to see if he's in his designated parking spot. Last time he came over, he had parked on the other side of the building and I didn't know he was home. I was doing football runs in Turbo Fire. Oops! When he's not home, I can crash around like whatever, but when I can't tell he is home is when I hear from him. To be fair to him, he's only come up twice in the last year, but I've lived there 11 years and no one downstairs complained before so this is new.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Carla
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apartment, apartments, downstairs neighbors, low impact