Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-13, 07:33 AM  
Rhonda

I was thinking they may start shipping today. I never got any type of order confirmation.

How are people using these? I was thinking every other day.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 08:35 AM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraW View Post
I wasn't pointing the finger at you as there were multiple posts on the subject. The point I was trying to make is that what people choose to do with their money and their purchases should be just that, their decision. No one should feel the need to justify what they decide to do or not to do as we are adults.

If I offended you of anyone else, I apologize.
This is an interesting conversation.

I love Mary's business model and she is always my first stop when buying because I want to support her as much as I can. However, if a business (in this case, both Mary and Collage) has a policy of allowing consumers to return stock for any reason, then as a consumer, I can't feel bad for her/them if people choose to make use of that policy. That's because they may be getting a lot of business due to specifically to that policy, so if they are getting the benefit of that policy, they should also have to bear the cost of it.

(Not that I'm advocating wholesale returns of workouts. I'm just saying it makes no sense to me to "feel bad" when a business is required to pay costs for policies from which it also benefits.)

Personally I find it kind of rude to return and buy again from the same vendor at a reduced price. However, in a situation like this, where we're talking about a $75 price difference, I can certainly see people returning their recent purchase to Mary or whomever and buying directly from Darcy at the reduced price.

(Personally, if i was Mary, I would be side-eyeing the idea of doing business with Darcy again, because I think she has a bit of a bipolar business model, where she is desperate to be in control of her pricing yet still wants to use other vendors, who might use other pricing models. It seems senseless to me.)
Old 05-06-13, 09:24 AM  
hotncmom

I got a shipping notice from Paypal with a tracking number but the USPS site is telling me they cannot give me a status. I don't know if they're just going out today or if they packed and mailed them Saturday.

ETA: Oh, I just read further down and it says the mailing date is today and it says First class mail parcel 2-5 days. I thought we were paying for Priority Mail with the prepaid box? Either way, it should be here by Wednesday I would think.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 09:46 AM  
Wendy G

I emailed Mary about returning my dreambody set a couple of weeks ago and was finally getting around to actually mailing them back this weekend, and then I saw this thread!

I just put the package in the mail, but I included a note to remind her that I emailed her about returning these BEFORE the huge price discount was announced. I wondered if people would buy the set from Darby and then return their other set to Mary.

Even with the huge price drop, I wouldn't have reordered. These workouts just didn't click with me...

Although I am curious as to what their next set will be like. If they slowed it down a little bit and added better and louder music, I MIGHT be interested.
Wendy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 10:41 AM  
violingal3

I have such a mixed feelings toward this company - love the workouts, but their business pratices stink. I still plan on getting the next cardio set from Total Fitness to continue to support Mary, but going from $130 to $50 shows that Darby has quite a margin to allow for some flexibility.

Now she can charge whatever she wants as long as people like me continue to purchase at these prices (up until a point, we'll see what other debacles transpire from ordering the new set). But between the DVD-R deal, Fitness Fly and the weekend sale drama, if I were Darby I would do a special pre-sale for the new set or something. There have just been too many icky moments along the way, offer us some incentive to continue to support your business.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 10:45 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
I have such a mixed feelings toward this company - love the workouts, but their business pratices stink. I still plan on getting the next cardio set from Total Fitness to continue to support Mary, but going from $130 to $50 shows that Darby has quite a margin to allow for some flexibility.

Now she can charge whatever she wants as long as people like me continue to purchase at these prices (up until a point, we'll see what other debacles transpire from ordering the new set). But between the DVD-R deal, Fitness Fly and the weekend sale drama, if I were Darby I would do a special pre-sale for the new set or something. There have just been too many icky moments along the way, offer us some incentive to continue to support your business.
Amen to that! I agree 100%.
Old 05-06-13, 10:47 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post

I agree 100%!
That's why I felt like a hypocrite when I ordered this weekend. I think you're right - she needs to do a presale price for this next set. She really does need to brush up on the business end of things.
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 11:11 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I got a shipping notice from Paypal with a tracking number but the USPS site is telling me they cannot give me a status. I don't know if they're just going out today or if they packed and mailed them Saturday.

ETA: Oh, I just read further down and it says the mailing date is today and it says First class mail parcel 2-5 days. I thought we were paying for Priority Mail with the prepaid box? Either way, it should be here by Wednesday I would think.
OK.... now i'm pissed.... after reading this i checked and i, too, have an email saying mine shipped.... "first class mail parcel"

when i ordered... the order page specifcally said "priority mail small flat rate box" as does my email confirmation

DON'T SAY YOU ARE SHIPPING ONE WAY THEN TURN AROUND AND SHIP A CHEAPER WAY.... NOT A GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 12:00 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I didn't get a shipping notice, but my order confirmation says to click a link to track the progress of my order. So I click on the link and it takes me to their main web page and I can't figure out where there is a place to log in to check the status---have I missed something? The order confirm does say priority flat rate shipping box.....
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 12:17 PM  
Rhonda

Now I am worried I didn't get a confirmation e-mail of any kind. I will have to contact Darby again to see if my ordered did go through as I did get a receipt but didn't print it as I usually get an e-mail confirmation.

She did say she was mailing today and tomorrow.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body