Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-24, 04:46 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Here are my last few days

Saturday March 23
~20 min Standing Warrior Flow (Yoga Upload YT): I’ve done this one before & I quite like it. She does half sun salutes flowing into standing poses & adds another pose each round.
~100 heel drops - decided my bones need these regularly!
~Beach & village walk
~Ocean swim

Sunday March 24
~Uphill hike to an old fort from Napoleon’s time + beach & village walk
~Ocean swim
~100 heel drops
~Long stretch & supported yin session on my own, rounded up the numerous cushions in the living room

Monday March 25
~Callanetics: 30 minutes with Sandra
~Goddess Flow (Cat Meffen YT) - Cat is new to me. This was good, more challenging than Uliana’s Goddess Flow.
~100 heel drops
~Village & beach walk
~ocean swim, did some yoga in the water after, kinda fun….Warrior II, floating figure 4, crescent moon variations, big toe pose
~finished the afternoon with a Balinese massage, a lovely treat!

I’ll be back shortly for to chat after I catch up reading everyone’s posts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 05:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A few quick personals….

Beth - Sorry about the insomnia & your pup’s issues! I hope the vet can help you find a regime that helps. I agree wholeheartedly about the environmental links to cancer. That’s very scary about the rare cancer cases becoming more common in your area.

Pat - (((Hugs))) So sorry you had such a nasty nightmare! I can understand how you have fears for the future, we are in scary uncertain times.

Diane - I’m glad your weather is improving!

SB - Nice KB workout! I’m bad for leaving things until the last minute, my excuse is that I work best under pressure.

Margot - We have been cooking here a lot, fresh fish & local Caribbean curries with chicken. And of course, the necessary daily fresh baguette, usually still warm when we buy it, & delicious on it’s own or with a selection of French cheeses. I feel for William, Kate, & their family. They are, IMO, a classy couple, as are Edward & Sophie and the King & Queen. I can’t say I feel the same about Harry & Meghan, but I’ll leave it at that.

Donna - Does Jenny have better music with her Step Across the UK? I really like her, but her music has always been a weak spot in her workouts. I agree about Diana, she was a lamb thrown to the wolves. Very sad story.

Waving to everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 07:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I went on a short dog walk - I always let my dog pick the route and when she wants to head home and yesterday was a short walk day.
In the evening I did end up doing the longer Deep Stretch on the Total Stretch DVD. It was nice and relaxing, too.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Fusion Flow Sculpt - I have not pulled this one out in a long time, probably since I did the Strong & Centered Rotation (which I enjoyed!). This was harder than I remember particularly for the lower body. Those gliders get you.

Later today I'll add something else on. We are having someone else come in to give us an estimate for our kitchen. I'm inclined to go with the guy I know who has done work for us previously, so unless this is way cheaper I will probably stick with the guy I know. This is more for peace of mind to know that we're paying a reasonable price. Of course if they come in way cheaper, I'll also be somewhat suspicious and will probably want 3rd estimate! It is very hard to find people who return your calls and are willing to come out and give estimates. My co-worker wants to finish her basement and finds the same thing - no one responds to calls, texts, e-mails, etc. Don't people need the business?

Pam - unfortunately, Jenny's music is not better in these. I agree about the music choices she makes - there just has to be something better out there that she can use! I did subscribe to Freedom Fit for a year - for around half price. I really like her and her step workouts in particular, but the music is dull and then you add in the all white background that she uses sometimes.....She does have a couple of programs I want to try - walk & weights and step & weights....so I'll try to get to those before my subscription ends. lol about Harry & Meghan - totally agree there!

Pat - so sorry about the nightmare.

Beth - I hope you can find some answers for your doggie. I saw a dog that is up for adoption on our neighborhood site - I so want to get him - but my Golden is going to be 12 and I don't want to upset her world too much in her golden years (no pun intended)

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 09:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Quiet day yesterday. I'm still working through the nightmare trauma and figured Charlotte's class and meditation would be good medicine:

~ 5 minutes silent meditation (day 11)
~ Attended grandniece's restorative yoga class
~ Ally Boothroyd 20 Minute Yoga Nidra for Deep Rest
~ 3,679 steps

How awful about the Francis Scott Key bridge. I saw the footage with shock and horror this morning. I’m of course concerned for those immediately affected, but losing the bridge is going to wreak havoc with commuters, local businesses, traffic incidents, etc. I wonder how long it will take to rebuild it, and for how many billion dollars? We suspect terrorism for now.

Beth, I retract my generalized comment about Vizslas. Is she a rescue? I’m sorry to hear she’s having these problems that you have to deal with. I strongly believe our industrial or agricultural pasts have lasting impacts. There are some notorious areas where I live. An unusual amount of people came down with brain cancer after an old battery factory was converted to office space. They condemned it because the “roof leaked.”

Great workouts for you Pam, are the heel drops because your PF is acting up?

Donna - gliders - ugh. Good luck with your kitchen estimate.

Good morning to all who visit.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 09:35 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I got a little more sleep last night.

Yesterday I did BUG+ and clocked in around 35 minutes, and I’ve gotten the routine down pretty well. I was too tired to think about cardio. Today I’m going to do the Bathing Suit Workout, which is mainly floor work with no weights. I am having fun with rotating these older workouts.

Pam, you’ve been getting in some great workouts! I’d love to see the old fort!

Donna, best of luck with your kitchen updates! That’s going to be an exciting project.

Pat, I just saw that about the bridge, how very awful! Did you say they suspect terrorism?

So the little Vizsla came to us at 16 weeks of age, a gift from DD. The kids are huge animal lovers, and they tend to let their heart rule sometimes with these decisions. Our Bella is a beautiful dog, and it’s not in their nature to be aggressive, so something either happened in the litter or it has something to do with the breeding. I have talked to Vizsla breeders about the temperament issues, and this is a very uncommon and concerning trait. Anyone who has had to deal with fear aggression in a pet probably knows how difficult and miserable it is for the pet and everyone involved.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 09:40 AM  
donnamp

Are they saying terrorism for the bridge collapse or just an accident? Not to trivialize those who may have lost their lives in this accident, but it would have been so much worse if it were during rush hour when that bridge would have been packed with cars and commuters.

Beth - AGREED about the fear aggression - it is very hard to work with that.

Donna
Old 03-26-24, 09:56 AM  
Margot

Good afternoon all

Yesterday evening:
- Jessica Smith - Slow Pi-Yo Slow Flow. Nice with some balance work
- Ekhart Yoga - Play with Blocks (12 min). Some of the moves were a bit too challenging for me!
- Day 11 Burning Meditation

This morning:
- Fabulous50s Standing HIIT Lower Body (16 min)
- Karin's Shoulder & Back Strength with Spiralling Twists using Flow Tonic Pads

Beth - I'm so sorry to hear about your younger dog. It must be so upsetting for you all, on top of all the other stresses over the past few weeks. I do hope the vet will be able to find a solution for her. Yes, toxins and chemicals wreak havoc on the body. It's very worrying. I actually have a workshop next month on this subject.

Pam - The food sounds delicious, not surprising with the French influence. I agree with your thoughts on H & M. I don't think he did himself any favours writing that book!

Donna - I like that workout of Jessica's. I actually enjoy the gliders, unless I've got a niggle in my knee.

Good luck with choosing the right contractor for your kitchen remodel. It's the same over here; either they say they'll come out and never do or give us a quote that's way out of line.

Pat - Ugh! on the nightmare. I usually have at least 2 dreams every night but last night one was pretty disturbing and kept me awake for a while. If you're feeling brave, sometimes re-entering the dream in a hypnogogic state can help you get more answers. It's scary to do but has helped me on a couple of occasions. As it turned out, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm glad Charlotte's class helped.

We woke up to news about the bridge collapse. What a terrible thing to happen.

Hi to Diane and Summer Breeze.
Old 03-26-24, 10:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

54 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for another walk today. It's still on the chilly side but the sun is so nice and strong this time of year.

PAT, so sorry about your traumatic dream. I'm glad you have some strategies to help you work it out. My DD dreams very vividly and has sometimes woken up still feeling the mood of the dream/nightmare. She's had many very realistic dreams of her dad and felt like he was back and alive when she woke up and had to deal with the grief all over again.

DONNA, good luck with the kitchen remodel estimates. It is so dang hard getting people out to give estimates. It's very confusing not to mention frustrating.

BETH, the Joyce rotation sounds fun. Sorry about the situation with your doggie. It does sound very stressful.

PAM, lovely walks and workouts. I looked up heel drops but not sure I am picturing it right. Is it standing on your toes then lowering your heel to the ground? That sounds like a good way to work on bone density. Sounds like some moves MR does for the calf? I am unfortunately a champion procrastinator. LOL

DIANE, sounds like you thankfully got through that snow cleanup. Yuck. I hope that's the end of it. I did check in with my friend and she only got a couple of inches. She was just back from California a few days prior to the snow. She said the weather wasn't so great in the Santa Cruz area where she was. Coldish and rainy.

MARGOT, good workouts! You take a lot of very informative seminars. I'm interested in hearing about the toxin/chemical seminar.

Have a great day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 10:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I should clarify, it's DH and me who suspect terrorism. Jumping the gun, but it makes no sense to us how a ship that's supposed to have so many checks and balances and crew members on top of things could just plow into a bridge. Didn't mean to start any conspiracy theories, sorry everyone! We live in a prime target area and tend to jump to conclusions.

We can only see what the investigation turns up. In any event it's a horrible tragedy that will impact people for years.

Summer Breeze, I might try to "join" you on a walk today. So sad about your DD. I believe our loved ones really do visit, but those dreams are indeed painful.

Margot, that's good advice about getting over my dream - I will give it a try.

Beth, I hope your doggie can be helped. She sounds like an awful amount of work (and expense).

I hope Diane is digging out well and has no more snow. Waves to Pam!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 11:43 AM  
donnamp

Back in 1980 there was a similar bridge collapse in Florida.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...ster-collapse/

From what I understand the captain of the ship did radio for help - and some traffic across the bridge was able to be stopped.

Still horrible...

donna