Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-06, 07:35 AM  
violet978

Kathy Smith Project You: missing DVDs..need advice

I recently received "most" of Project You, but I'm missing:

Power Push
Upper Body/Abs

Can anyone recommend good substitutions for either of these workouts...or recommend a place I can get them separately? (pref. not Beachbody....)

Thanks, I can't wait to begin a PY rotation!!
violet978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 07:42 AM  
cmhazlett

Power Push reminds me most of Kathy's old Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning. You could also sub another intervals workout like Turbo Jam Fat Blaster, one of Cathe's IMAX's, etc.

PY Upper Body is most similar IMHO to Kathy's 1st Lift Weights to Lose Weight (but minus the hyperness of that one). You could sub any short upper body workout such as FIRM Jiggle Free Arms or Tamilee's I Want Those Arms.

HTH,

Claire
cmhazlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 07:45 AM  
DBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhazlett
Power Push reminds me most of Kathy's old Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning. You could also sub another intervals workout like Turbo Jam Fat Blaster, one of Cathe's IMAX's, etc.

PY Upper Body is most similar IMHO to Kathy's 1st Lift Weights to Lose Weight (but minus the hyperness of that one). You could sub any short upper body workout such as FIRM Jiggle Free Arms or Tamilee's I Want Those Arms.

HTH,

Claire
I agree but PYUB also has some ab work, so I'd add in about 10 minutes of abs.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 08:38 PM  
sundari

Beach Body sells individual workouts for $19.95.
sundari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 04:52 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i was missing those also, and during my stalking expedition, noticed that ebay has some really good deals on individual PY discs.

Amazon Sellers also has them - if you read the descriptions from individual sellers, you might find the UB or PP workout.

i eventually got the entire set from yaya's.

at first, i didn't think i'd need PP or UB, but now that i have them, i love them. and i do have practically everything else that kathy has put out, so count me as a big kathy fan.

(sorry for the enabling)

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 06:27 AM  
violet978

I was also looking at the new Kathy Smith super Slimdown DVD (it's a rerelease of 3 prior workouts) which may sub in quite nicely.

I still want the originals though, thanks for the suggestions ladies!
violet978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 06:42 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I agree with you, Violet. Both DDD and Amazon have Kathy's new Super Slimdown compilation at a cheap price, and it contains Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning (perfect sub for Power Push) and Secrets to Upper and Lower Body (I believe the Upper Body has an ab section as well). All on 1 dvd which is convenient! Otherwise, Kathy's LWTLW 1 is excellent sub for PY upper and lower, and it (LWTLW) also has 7-minute ab section on it.

Not only do you really not need to buy Power Push and PYU, but imo you're less likely to get bored if you have more variety. PY is an excellent set but the workouts all have a sameness to them.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-06, 02:36 AM  
txgirl

Last week a local thrift store had Power Push for $5. PM me if you would like me to see if they still have it.
txgirl is offline   Reply With Quote