Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-05, 04:36 PM  
fikustree

new bosu

I really wanted to get a bosu, but I haven't yet because of the price. Today I saw this- Has anyone heard of it or tried it?

BOSU Sport Balance trainerBOSU has introduced two new balance trainers. Power Systems, Inc. offers the two new balance trainers online, starting at $59.95. The BOSU Sport 45 and the BOSU Sport 55 maximize programming options by allowing users to choose different stance options, and create a variety of floor configurations. The sleek, compact design of the BOSU Sport Trainers allow for easy storage , transportation and quick positioning for any type of workout.

http://www.power-systems.com/News/10_27_05.aspx
fikustree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 04:45 PM  
sonja_p
VF Supporter

looks smaller

Ooooh, I think I like those better! They look like they would be easier. The normal size BOSU is too tall for me and it's like doing step with all the risers. I typically only use one riser. Wish they had had this size when they first came out. I'm tempted to sell mine on ebay and get one of these!
(Plus they wouldn't take up as much space!)
sonja_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 08:11 PM  
schrovet

sounds great

I think BOSU was very smart to do this. The original one was too tall for me.

Lisa
schrovet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 11:02 PM  
rykram

I like the smaller size and the smaller price.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 02:43 AM  
firmaholic

I used to have a regular Bosu, but I took it back (bought it at Sportmart), because at 5'5" tall, it was too tall and too wide for me to use it for short box work in my Firm Workouts. I have been considering the Bosu Sport, but am not sure which one to go with 45 (inflates to 7") or 55 (inflates to 9"). I am leaning toward Bosu 55, but am just not quite sure. Does anyone have either 45 or 55 and can help with feed back.

Thanks,
Julia
firmaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 07:39 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Try this link (they are on sale)

http://www.performbetter.com/detail....tegoryID_E_232

The difference between the 45 and 55 is one inch, as they recommend 7 inches for the 45 and no higher than 8 inches for the 55 version. I'm leaning toward the 45, smaller, easier to store. (I quickly sold my big bosu due to it killed my feet, too wide/tall for my short frame)

Denise,
who is seriously thinking of ordering one but since I sold the bosu, I also got rid of all my bosu dvd's....oh my!!
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 09:05 AM  
lisald

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaholic
I used to have a regular Bosu, but I took it back (bought it at Sportmart), because at 5'5" tall, it was too tall and too wide for me to use it for short box work in my Firm Workouts. I have been considering the Bosu Sport, but am not sure which one to go with 45 (inflates to 7") or 55 (inflates to 9"). I am leaning toward Bosu 55, but am just not quite sure. Does anyone have either 45 or 55 and can help with feed back.

Thanks,
Julia
Julia,

I only have the regular Bosu, but I think the height on it is 9 inches. It's been so long since I inflated it that I'm not positive, but I think it is. If that's the case, you might want to go with the 45. Just a thought...

Lisa
lisald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 05:02 PM  
fikustree

so for those of you that have the bosu do you think this sport one would be a wise investment?
fikustree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 05:13 PM  
horsemom2

IMHO why not try the Yog Flex instead since it is much more versatile as well as cheaper?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...goods&v=glance

Barb S
whose Bosu, ramp, step, puzzle mats, bodywedge21, inclined bench and ReboundAIR have all become dust collectors cuz the Yog Flex does it all
(boy, am I going to have a heck of a garage sale)
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 05:35 PM  
sonja_p
VF Supporter

Yog Flex

"This item is currently not available".

at Amazon anyway.
sonja_p is offline   Reply With Quote