Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-29-20, 07:03 PM  
JustSandra

Well, fudge -- had a nice long reply to everyone but got the dreaded 500 error when I hit Submit.

Anyway, I got in a SAW between morning errands, and for

Today's Workout: I did Total Focus from Jessica Smith's Boost Metabolism + Muscle.

I won't tempt fate by writing any more.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 07:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Sandra, sorry about that; it's so annoying after you put a lot of time in.

Paine LOL--well maybe, but I was dying during!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 01:12 PM  
YogaGal

Speaking of “Independence from Shoes”: I initially hesitated to join this group because I always wore shoes for my weight and cardio workouts and only went barefoot for yoga. But in recent months I’ve been going barefoot for ALL of my workouts and love it. So for future indoor workouts the only time I’ll want shoes is for step workouts and possibly a few higher impact cardios (which I seldom do anymore). I do reserve the right to wear socks when my feet are cold!

I decided over the weekend to drop off modifying Jessica’s Summer of Strength rotation after about 3 weeks. I just want to listen to my body and pick out a workout that suits my needs for the day/week.

Last Saturday I did KCM’s Lower Body Tabata from Build & Burn, followed by Sarah Beth’s 10-Minute Post Workout Yoga Cool Down. I took Sunday off, and on Monday I did Jessica Smith’s 30-Day Plan set “30-Minute Fat Blaster” walk and RaviAna’s House Call, Heart Helper set.

Will check in later with today's workout and personals.
Old 06-30-20, 02:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, initially my barefoot workouts were limited mainly to yoga and Pilates (which I haven't done in ages). I gradually expanded into more, such as Classical Stretch and barre. Now I occasionally get lazy and do weights work without shoes too. I do still prefer shoes for most cardio, especially if there's any impact. I'm glad you joined us!

I went to an outdoor yoga class today! It was my first yoga class since mid-March, and my friend Carol taught it canal-side. I hope she does it again!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-30-20, 05:19 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

No workout today. Life definitely got in the way.

Sandra, I usually type my responses in Note Pad then copy and paste to post it. That way if I get the stupid 500 Error, I'll still have what I wrote.

Carolyn, I'm glad you joined this check-in and I wouldn't have cared if you wore shoes all the time when you workout!

Beth, how nice that you were able to attend your friend's yoga class outside by the canal!
The news today said that 1 in 140 in Los Angeles County are likely infectious with the coronavirus. If that's true, it's scary. The rate has gone up significantly from last week. I think it's going to take a lot longer for things to get back to normal here (if it ever does become normal again).
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 07:49 PM  
YogaGal

Today’s workout: Jessica Smith’s “12-Minute Arm Sculpting” and “12-Minute Booty Sculpting” on YT and Sarah Beth’s 10-Minute Simple Stretch Yoga Routine.

Paine: I lurked on this check-in for quite a while and came to “know” so many of you and decided to jump in shoes or no shoes! I’m very glad I did. Sounds like you had a fun time with your grandson in the park. Glad to hear that you are stocked up on dried beans and brown rice! I am hoping we don’t run into another TP shortage with the virus getting worse in most states. I’m not expecting things to improve until perhaps mid-year 2021 when we know we have a good vaccine for this virus.

Sandra: Sorry to hear that you got a visit from the dreaded 500 error. I received an email from my public library and they are reducing physical services to picking up holds. Yesterday AZ’s governor ordered a close to bars, gyms, pools, and theaters. Is anything changing with your library job relating to changes in California?

Beth: Congratulations to your retiring mom! Re Pilates: Years ago I bought several books and dvds on Pilates, but the time came when I realized that I didn’t have time for everything. I wasn’t going to give up on cardio or strength workouts, so I decided I needed to focus on either yoga or Pilates and went with yoga. I still have my Pilates dvds which I could use once in a while, but they don’t seem to call to me. So much yoga, so little time! Your outdoor yoga class sounds so enjoyable.

cyana: I had one good night of getting to bed earlier (well almost two) but then reverted back to old habits. It is true what they say: it’s hard to teach an old dog (gal) new tricks!” We won’t be seeing any annual fireworks on the 4th either. We generally go to visit my BIL and SIL and watch the local display from their deck. But we’re going to avoid the weekend and holiday crowds that will be in town and plan to visit later in July. Actually, they may not even have the fireworks anyway; I haven’t heard the latest news about that.
Old 06-30-20, 08:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, I actually started Pilates before yoga! These days though, I'm not as motivated to keep up with it, and it's harder for me to find Pilates practices that I enjoy. Definitely there's not enough time for everything!

Paine, after the yoga class, I got a coffee with my friend who taught and we sat outside and talked about (mostly) the pandemic situation. With all the increasing cases still, it's sad how some places are rushing to re-open, including my own studio.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-30-20, 08:54 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: I got in an XLAW this morning, and this afternoon I did episode 1317 from Classical Stretch Season 13. One more episode to go in this series.

Several months ago I got a folding gym-type floor mat. Since then I haven't worn shoes for any indoor workouts! I don't do high-impact cardio, though, and if/when I do a step or Ramp workout I'll put on shoes for that. Re my library, I think we'll continue curbside pickup, but I suspect the planned next step of allowing patrons inside branches to use the public computers will be put on hold. My niece recently started teaching in-person yoga classes again, but I have a feeling those studios may have to close down once more unless Covid stats dramatically improve. Sadly, I believe that we'll be living with Covid and the restrictions to try to control it for many more months.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 02:11 AM  
Anny

Sandra thank you for the start and the reminder of our barefoot freedom! I love hearing about your long morning walks.

Paine it must be so much fun to walk (and run!) with your grandson.

Beth congrats to your mum re retirement. I still have some of my FIRM workout. I never had the tall box and just used my step in the highest level. I don’t have a step anymore as when we moved to an apartment in 2016 I needed to discard some items due to space limitations.

Carolyn glad to hear that I’m not the only drop out of Jessica’s rotation.

I bought a small portable DVD player (that doesn’t need to connect to a TV) as our Xbox can’t play all my multi region DVDs and I don’t like taking up the whole shared sitting room space to workout. It’s perfect! So I have been doing some (modified and shortened) Taebo and Turbo Jam, and weights from Joyce’s books .
Old 07-01-20, 09:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, so sorry about your niece going live and then potentially having to stop. I don't want to be in that situation--I want to wait until we are more truly in the clear. Of course, I am privileged to have a full time job and not need the money I get from teaching yoga.

Anny, how nice that you were able to get the DVD to create your own workout space! I'm lucky in that regard too.

Follow me @YogiBethC