Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-02-20, 02:56 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

My main goal is to be more deliberate with my screen time. If I do that, all my other goals will fall into place.

So.....my goal is to pre-plan my screen time sessions every day and stick to my goal of not wasting time on endless or inefficient scrolling.

I'm doing ok with workouts, sleep, nutrition, etc.

I hope everyone stays safe from the covid! We are continuing to shelter in place here in Illinois. Dh and I are retired, so it is easy for us (although frustrating). Our 5 children live in different locations. All are being careful and no one has been knowingly exposed to Covid yet.
Old 07-02-20, 03:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Hi, Leslie! Welcome to the check in! I need to be more deliberate and planful (did I just make up a word??) with my screen time too. I don't do social media but I mindlessly pick up my phone every time I don't want to do what I'm supposed to or during transition times and just honestly waste too much time with it. It doesn't help that I recently found the Wordscapes app and am so addicted to playing!

I live in MN and things are opening up here. Hubby is back in the office working but not many others are there. We don't have home internet so using the hotspot to work from home was sometimes pretty challenging. I haven't been working for a year and a half now and am not super social so frankly covid hasn't directly affected my life all that much, after the initial empty store shelves!

This morning I took Cyric for his short walk through the swimming pool that is our air lately. Hate it! Anyway, I dislike walking him before 8 bc there are so many other dogs out so we are constantly turning around to avoid them so he doesn't bark like a crazy dog. After we got back I ate breakfast and had my quiet time (meditation, Bible study) and then went out for a hot and sweaty 1.81 mile walk on my own. This afternoon I finally did some yoga again for the first time since Saturday. I pulled out an old comfortable one, Rodney Yee Power Yoga: Flexibility.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 05:34 PM  
MathTeacher

Hi Leslie! I'm glad you are joining us.

I met my goals yesterday! For some reason I always blow the first day of the month.

Sherry, how long until dd gets her test results? Fingers crossed.
Old 07-02-20, 05:40 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I do social media but mostly for my Facebook private groups for fitness, scrapbooking and genealogy. My FB fitness groups make up a good part of my social life during these pandemic times.

We love to travel and do a lot of it since we are recent empty nesters. Our baby just graduated college. On March 11 we got home from a month in Africa. It was very interesting watching the progression of Covid-19 in the world while we were safe and secluded in our little photo safari tour. We made it home just in time for borders to close!

This month we should be taking off to go to my husband's high school group birthday party weekend and then should be heading to Canada and the east coast of the USA to visit friends and family. All trips have been cancelled for the rest of the year, including a planned trip to China in September.

I'm one of those introverted extraverts---being around other people energizes me. But we are making do and making the best of a bad situation. We could have it much worse. I am sad about not getting to see my kids. One lives 2 hours away and we occasionally socially distance with him, but the rest of them are 5 or 12 hours drive away from us. I'm not sure when we will see them again. Thank goodness for messaging and video chats!

I'm trying to be productive with screen time. I have an app blocker on my phone and Strict Workflow on my laptop. I can customize both to allow me to check in with my online friends and family but also stop endless scrolling or game playing.
Old 07-02-20, 05:57 PM  
Leonana

I rode my bike this morning around 6:30 a.m. It's still in the 70's at that time, so not too bad. That's unusual, usually 80's are the low by the beginning of July. I remember walking the dogs at 6:00 a.m. and it was 85 degrees. I miss my dogs, but not walking them in the summer. Later in the morning I did Jessica Smith's Yoga for Belly, Buns and Thighs.

Welcome, Leslie! I took FB off my phone, so I check in once a day on the PC. That helped my stress levels. But I spend a lot of time watching You Tube videos. I'm also an extroverted introvert, so I can relate. I was just starting to meet with friends when my dd was exposed. A month in Africa sounds amazing!

MT, I'm not sure. A friend of ours had a test because she was scheduled for elective surgery. She waited two days to get her results.

Vannie, I'm glad your grief group is positive for you. I remember trying to get the dogs walked in the summer, it isn't easy.
Old 07-03-20, 05:08 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Today I (socially distanced) walked with my walking group.

For some reason my shoulder is hurting today. I'll take some ibuprofen and see if it calms down.

Screen time has been good today---sticking to the plan. I thought about taking FB off my phone, but decided to use the app blocker instead. I usually block it for a few hour, take a peek, then block it again.

We're going to watch "Hamilton" tonight on DisneyPlus.
Old 07-03-20, 08:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Leslie, tell me more about the app blocker, please. Enjoy Hamilton!

MT, way to go on day 1!

Sherry, nice job getting in the bike ride.

Katie, I had the weirdest dream last night that I was driving to ND by myself (no clue why) and I decided to keep driving to MT. Most bizarre dream and still very vivid to me more than 12 hours later!

I drove an hour to meet a friend to go walking today and then we grabbed lunch. I hadn't seen her in 6 months so it was really good to catch up. I felt a little bad bc hubby was off today but we'll have the wknd together. Cyric was total wiggle-butt excited to see me. What can be better than that?? I mean, it would be awfully weird if hubby was wiggle-butt excited.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-03-20, 09:08 PM  
Leonana

I did Jessica Smith's 40 Minute Fusion Band workout on You Tube. I'm still following the Summer of Strength Rotation.

DD had her COVID test this morning. She was exposed a week or two ago, and she has no symptoms, so the doctor said she probably is fine. But she should know by Monday, which is when we get the test results. But he said it's good to test and know for sure.

You know, I paid to be a VF supporter, but can't figure out how it's updated so I can upload a pic. Maybe I should ask in GD.

Vannie, ha ha on the wiggle butt! There is nothing like a dog welcoming you home.

Leslie, a walking group sounds like fun! I need to find one in my area. I usually go by myself.

Waves to Katie and MT!
Old 07-04-20, 08:17 PM  
Leonana

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Old 07-04-20, 08:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Happy 4th of July!

As we always seem to do on the wknd, we have been slugs today. I did make 2 kinds of fudge (gingerbread and butterbeer) but that's pretty much it. We watched Willow this evening. It's probably been 15 years since we saw that movie.