Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-20, 10:12 PM  
kristiep

Yoga Burn Booty Challenge

Yoga Burn Booty Challenge (YBB)
Like OYB, YBB has 15-minute practices. There are 12 different routines (1 per week for 3 months). It is designed to be done 3 times a week and to include the Cut the Fat, Keep the Curves HIIT bonus video and a stretch bonus.

There are lots and lots of curtsy lunges. I usually love curtsy lunges, but she does so many that I'm begging for mercy sometimes. It's forced me to work on my form to activate the glutes and not my quads.

I find Cut the Fat, Keep the Curves HIIT is a tough 20-minute routine. Not really yoga but it is barefoot. The moves are timed and alternate between upper body and lower body. She tends to start with an easier version, then ramps it up as you go. Warning: Zoe includes burpees and mountain climbers!

The Final Four are 15 minutes each which are supposed to be repeated for three rounds three times per week.

Sample rotation:

Monday = Week 1 (1 round) + Cut the Fat, Keep the Curves HIIT
Tuesday = Walk outside
Wednesday = Week 1 (2 rounds)
Thursday = Pamper Yourself
Friday = Week 1 (3 rounds)
Saturday = Walk outside
Sunday = Bonus Video (Cut the Fat, Keep the Curves HIIT and/or Sexy Flexy Stretching)

*Repeat for all weeks
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 10:18 PM  
kristiep

Yoga Burn Total Body Challenge

Total Body Challenge (TBC)
Same as the Booty program – 12 practices @ 15 minutes each (1 per week for 3 months). The Final Four are 15 minutes each. As with YBB, you complete 3 rounds, 3 times per week of each routine.

TBC adds a loop band for the workouts. It’s a good band, very strong (I’d say X-Heavy). I sometimes need to drop down to a lower level loop band for certain moves. (You only get one band, but I have others at home.)

The bonus HIIT video (Total Body Band Burnout) is great! It is a bit easier than the HIIT workout with YBB and uses the band. There is also a stretch bonus workout that utilizes the band.

Sample rotation:

Monday = Week 1 (1 round) + Total Body Band Burnout HIIT
Tuesday = Walk outside
Wednesday = Week 1 (2 rounds)
Thursday = Pamper Yourself
Friday = Week 1 (3 rounds)
Saturday = Walk outside
Sunday = Bonus Video (Total Body Band Burnout HIIT and/or Bendi Band Flexibility Training)
Old 07-04-20, 10:21 PM  
kristiep

Yoga Burn Trim Core Challenge

Trim Core Challenge (TCC)
TCC is a shorter program, only 8 weeks. You get eight 15-minute practices, and each practice is done once 3 times per week (e.g. MWF or TTS). Most folks use the routines as add-ons or on alternating days to another Yoga Burn program.

The stomach vacuum features prominently in the practices.

There is a Final Four set, a bonus core recovery flow, and a bonus inversion abs workout. I am not sure when I will work up to the inversion abs - if ever!
Old 07-04-20, 10:24 PM  
kristiep

Yoga Burn Monthly

Yoga Burn Monthly (YBM)

The Yoga Burn Monthly program has the most content because it is a complete yoga series, presenting different yoga styles:

Month 1. Restorative
Month 2. Hatha
Month 3. Kundalini
Month 4. Ashtanga
Month 5. Iyengar
Month 6. Vinyasa

Each month includes 12 practices and bonuses. The workouts range from 25-40 minutes long. I’ve only delved into Restorative (aka Kick Start) and Hatha (month 2). Most moves are doable for me, but there is a challenge in each one I have tried. I often use props to help me along.

YBM is suggested to be done three times a week. You may also add a bonus video or a bonus meditation. Sample rotation:

Monday: Walk Outside
Tuesday: Monthly Practice 1
Wednesday: Day off - Guided Meditation
Thursday: Monthly Practice 2
Friday: Walk Outside/ Other Physical Activity
Saturday: Monthly Practice 3
Sunday: Bonus Video (YBM #1 - Meditation Solution & Beginner Flow, YBM #3 - Yoga Burn Booty, YBM #4 - Yoga Burn Stretch and Chill, YBM #5 - Yoga Burn Total Core, YMB #6 - Awareness Meditation)

Once you have completed that month, you progress to the next DVD, and follow the same formula.

For the sale price, this is a good set. Lots to explore and work with.
Old 07-04-20, 10:26 PM  
kristiep

Yoga Burn bonuses

Here are the bonus workouts and the programs with which they are included (see my earlier post for the acronyms):

Tranquility Flow - OYB
Beginner Flow (40-45 min)– OYB, YBM1 (Restorative) and KS
Cut The Fat, Keep The Curves HIIT- YBB
YB Nutrition Bundle - YBB
The Sexy Flexy Stretching Series - YBB Final 4
Meditation Solution “Mind, “Body” & “Spirit” - YBM1 (Restorative) and KS
Total Body Band Burnout HIIT - TBC
Discover the Chakras - YBM3 (Kundalini)
Yoga Burn Booty - YBM3 (Kundalini)
Yoga Burn Stretch & Chill - YBM4 (Ashtanga)
Yoga Burn Total Core - YBM5 (Iyengar)
Awareness Meditation - YBM6 (Vinyasa)
Bendy Band Flexibility Training - TBC Final 4

Hope I got them all!
Old 07-04-20, 10:29 PM  
Vantreesta

I had no idea there were so many of these!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 10:39 PM  
kristiep

Yoga Burn - in closing

I am not a yogini. I have never taken an in-person yoga class, and I cannot explain the different styles. Prior to Yoga Burn, my experience with yoga was from Rodney Yee DVDs. I still like him (AM Yoga for Your Week, the videos with Mariel Hemingway, and Ultimate Power Yoga are my personal faves), but there is something about Zoe’s programs that work for me so I tend to reach for Yoga Burn when I want to do yoga. I find something doable and challenging in all of the practices I’ve done, although I have only scratched the surface with the content.

The production value is good. Zoe is a good instructor and has a pleasant voice. She makes the occasional boo-boo (missing a pose on one side), but not a big deal.

The 15-30-45 setup may seem like a rip-off or could be boring for some. For me, I treat them like circuits, and it makes that setup workable. I like seeing if I can do better the second and third time through. Also, some of the workouts can be difficult to do three times in a row, so I may only hit them twice in a day.

I've been playing around with how to combine the programs. I like TBC with TCC and OYB with YBB. YBM has its place a couple of times a week depending on what I need.

Again, I have not done all workouts for all programs - YMMV. But those are my general impressions.
Old 07-05-20, 06:31 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Thank you for such a detailed description of what is included with each program and the suggested rotations. Also, thanks for the tip about the real sales.

Other than marketing hype, I don't think I've seen any actual clips from the DVD systems.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 07:47 AM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
Thank you for such a detailed description of what is included with each program and the suggested rotations. Also, thanks for the tip about the real sales.

Other than marketing hype, I don't think I've seen any actual clips from the DVD systems.
As others have suggested, go to Zoe’s YouTube channel. Lots of practices to try out to see if you like her. She did free workouts for the lockdown which are more recent.
Old 07-05-20, 10:17 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Wow Kristie, thank you for all this info! Her offerings are a bit confusing, this helps a lot.

I have been doing some of her youtube videos after first reading this thread and really enjoy them. The infomercial style marketing on facebook is a turn off but I find Zoe to be very likeable.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booty bands, yoga burn, zoe bray cotton