Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-20, 07:13 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hard to believe it's the last day of the month! Did that ever go by quickly!!

Thursday I did

Jessica Smith - YouTube - Kickboxing 101 - 15 minutes & 18 Minute Total Body Stress Relieving Dynamic Stretch

The kickboxing video was part of a series of 15 minute workouts Jessica released at New Year's a few years ago. Peanut makes a brief appearance.

I'm feeling pretty beat up these days. I may try just doing Jessica's stuff 3 days a week, instead of 5 days a week. I hate to be such a wimp, but it is what it is.

Still waiting for some communication from the washing machine repairman. I think I'm ready to ask for a refund and threaten the BBB. So frustrating. If he would just communicate with me, that would help, but it's just radio silence these days. It's been 3 weeks since he was here with the wrong part.

Christine - there's nothing wrong with a little variety, if it keeps you motivated. You'll be back to Theresa at some point.

Linda - I am sure that I have some workouts purchased or traded for years ago that I have never done. Embarrassing - I'm a workout hoarder.

Donna - I need a plan too. Otherwise I just dither when I need to be working out, plus it's some motivation. It's like an appointment with a specific person on my calendar - and it motivates me to workout. I'm just struggling with how much I can do and how often I can do it.

Brenda & Cheri - Hope you are feeling better!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 10:03 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Checking in with:

JS Core Control 30min This is off WS2 which is her best set - in my opinion. Nice variety of everything.
ePilates Yoga Release & Open 20min. This one was a little different but very relaxing and good for hip opening. I had a great deep tissue massage yesterday so I really enjoyed easier and flowy workouts today.

I don't have to go to the office today so I can relax. I'm with you ladies in needing variety in my workouts. I can't stick to anything for long although I've pretty much stuck with ePilates for the past 2 months. Tomorrow I plan to go back to GHUTV and do one of the longer Gold workouts. I'm finding though, that I no longer want to work as hard as Chris has me work. Even her easier workouts are not that easy on my body.

Basil is doing well although he still yowls at night and wakes me up - but not as often. We started leaving a night light in the hallway right outside our bedroom where he likes to hang out at night and I think it's helping to keep him calmer.

In February, I'm looking to add some consistency to my workouts. I don't want to work harder, I just want to be more consistent. Not sure what I'll be doing but I'm definitely sticking with ePilates 5 x week because Emma makes me feel really good. I really like her as my instructor. Very relatable.

I'm really looking forward to the Super Bowl this Sunday! I've got my snacks ready and wine chilling.

Waves to all!
Old 01-31-20, 02:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was Supersets premix#1 and today has been Cathe total body stretch stab ball #1. Supersets was tough and I had to take a break. I posted elsewhere that I decided I like Supersets original workout better than the premix. I intend to do some pilates tonight but not sure what will call me. I may not do anything though.

Dana and Carol I definitely think you two should change things up so that you feel good working out. If I feel beat up it ruins my motivation and I run the risk of injuring myself. I'm not sure that applies to everyone but I know I'd have to take a step back if I felt like you guys are mentioning. I also think so much goes into how you feel afterwards in your general stress level that sometimes workouts that might otherwise be ok aren't now because of life stress. I'm a big believer of a week of light gentle short workouts and didn't have enough variety...which is why I picked up the Ellens. I have one more week before that's all you guys will see me post.

Carol thanks for making me feel better about being a workout hoarder

Christine the review did help...just wish I could remember which workout it was

Donna I'm not surprised you were there for someone having a hard time. That's great she has you to just vent. Sometimes that alone makes a world of difference. Ok thanks for the mini review of Peace Love...I will not get it. I think I'm Gucci with the ones I have anyway and will just blend in some other gentle workouts I already own. The Ellens will spice things up

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 02:47 PM  
donnamp

Dana - I hear you about not wanting to work as hard as Chris wants you to! These days I just don't have it in me to work out very hard - I'm much happier doing more gentle workouts.

And, Carol - I'm with you - trying to find the right spot where I'm challenged, but not killing myself - part of it is mental, I think and part is physical.. I was thinking about maybe alternating Jessica-Ellen-Pilates and add on CS a few times a week.

A big challenge for me these days is finding the best time to workout - in the morning I'm too tired/time crunched and in the evening, I just don't wanna!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 07:04 PM  
furmomof6

I guess I will call this my rest week! I didn't even walk today. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I really want to focus on consistency in February.

Donna, I remember you saying recently that you were able to stand for long periods of time at your neighbor's house thanks to CS. I would say that's a great benefit from an exercise that might not seem like "enough". I think the workouts you do go a long way towards being healthy and strong in years to come.

Linda, I'm with you in that tough workouts will ruin my motivation. I'm just not into feeling beat up, or even wiped out hours later.

Dana, glad Basil is doing better!

Carol, very true about the workouts! I'm sorry your washer is still not fixed! I think at this point it is definitely worth considering a refund.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 08:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana somehow I missed the Basil update... that's good news! Glad to hear it. The nightlight makes me mention that I keep my television on for my furbaby when I'm gone. I'm told that's ridiculous by my husband...but I don't care. I think it's too quiet for her

Christine I think you have been consistent. I think you're probably not giving yourself credit for other forms of daily movement you do.

I did the Fatburning cardio workout on the Pilates mat and ball DVD. Fun, kind to joint workout. This DVD will be a part of my Ellen week.

Wishing fun Saturday to all including Carol, Donna,Brenda and Cheri!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica's Walk On - Flat Abs Walk (from the dock set). I enjoyed this one - it has been good to re-visit these walks.

Essentrics - Hip & Knee Strengthening - back at it on the Essentrics wagon. I want to finish the 30 day challenge.

Christine - you are right - Essentrics has been very helpful to me this month - I definitely have fewer aches and pains and that is nothing to sneeze at. I think you did well this month - walking outdoors is great! I tried to walk yesterday at work but I didn't make it very far - it was just so damp and miserable....I quit!

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 02-01-20, 09:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Pilates Nest - Joint Gentle Classical Pilates - 30 minutes;
This is one of my favorite workouts from Smriti - it really is gentle on the joints and a little slower paced. There's no ab series in this workout either, which makes it easier on the neck. I definitely felt good, but worked, when I finished it.

Gina B - Stretch & Relax - 10 minutes
Just a really nice and relaxing stretch from Up to the Beat. The sound quality was not always the greatest - sometimes the mix between music and voice was not right - but it's one of my favorite stretch sequences.

I'm thinking about a walking/Bar Method or Ellen/Pilates Nest combination for February. Just not sure yet - I should probably not count on being able to walk outside often in February...

Donna - Nice job on the Essentrics/Classical Stretch stuff. Not surprised that it is making you feel better. I need to pull that set of walking workouts out again - it's been a long time since I have done them.

Linda - Nice job! I had to google that workout to see what it was.

Christine - Oh gosh, I think you have been consistent! Remember what Jessica Smith says "Anything is better than nothing." And yes, I've been considering a refund from the repairman, but I don't think he is.

Dana - I am right there with you! I don't want to feel beat up after I've worked out. I also have to remember that what I read about other people's workout experiences ("results", etc.) has no applicability to my body. That person's 63 (or 30) year old body isn't my 63 year old body. Period, end of story. So glad Basil seems to be settling down some at night. Being awakened multiple times a night by a pet does not make for restful nights.

Off to get cleaned up and make my weekly run to the laundramat

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-20, 11:58 AM  
donnamp

Yes, Carol! You are right - sometimes I feel I shouldn't be "slowing down" as it seems that many people my age and older are going full speed - but it is important to keep in mind that we are all different and that our bodies need different things at different times. I need to also remember that for all those who are my age and doing more there are plenty who are my age and doing less.

I'm considering my next plan after the Essentrics challenge ends. I like Trifecta - so maybe some of those? Maybe some Ellen? CocoLime (still need to try more of those workouts but i can't commit to a 90 day rotation!)

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-01-20, 02:36 PM  
furmomof6

I'm starting a February thread
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...61#post2858161

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote