Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-20, 05:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Get Healthy U TV - Lower Body Tone Up - 30 minutes
I liked this workout a lot and worked up a sweat! There were plenty of modifications offered. They snuck in a little upper body work as well. I'll do this one again.

I will try to get a dog walk done before it gets too chilly.

Dana - nice job, that's one of Chris' walking workouts that I haven't done yet. I need to add it to my ever growing list of workouts to do later. I'm going to have to try chamomile tea!

Linda - Yes, I've been hanging out at the laundromat a lot.

Christine - No, I'm pretty much stuck with this guy since I had to pay for the part (it was pricey) up front. I did it against my better judgment, and I think it's the last time I will ever agree to do that.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 01:52 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was 10 MS Tighten and Tone Pilates core, total body, stretch segments. Enjoy the use of the pilates band and remembered the stretches to do after workout today.

Today traveling so made use of other equipment available and ran on elliptical for 20 min then added a 30 min medicine ball circuit workout from YouTube.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I went MIA - just got busy!

Sunday was:

Essentrics Challenge Day # 7 - Full Body Stretching
later in the day i did:

Margaret Richard Uplugged 1900 Episode 1 - I don't know how i "forgot" about Margaret - she may be my solution to doing some weight training without aches and pains!

Monday, so far:

Leslie Walk 15 - 2 Mile walk These walks are a lot of fun - good energy and nice to see different people leading. This one had a walk by Leslie and one by Rocky.

Essentrics Challenge Day 8 - Posture and Spine

We are off to visit one of our local colleges today w/ DD. I am not sure if she would want to go there - but it is good to check it out - it is close by and may be a good option for the first year or two until she figures things out.

I hope to be back later to catch up with everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 09:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Pilates Nest - Total Body Toning with Weights - 30 minutes

Another one of my favorites from Smriti - the time just flew by. I need to up my weights next time I do this workout.

Donna - I do like Leslie's Walk15 set. I wish they had put a menu on the DVDs though, so we could pick the mile we want to do. I frequently only do one mile at a time. Someone said that there is some new Walk15 content coming - hopefully on DVD. Good job sticking with the Classical Stretch Challenge.

Linda - That's a nice stretching segment. I used to reach for it often, and then I got out of the habit and forgot about it.

Waves to all ~ enjoy MLK Day!

Carol
Old 01-20-20, 10:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's 2 Miracle Miles - 30m
ePilates 21DC Day 8 - Pilates Stepping it Up - 15m

Waves to all!
Old 01-20-20, 03:01 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: 30 Minute Mat

I took a rest day yesterday, but DH and I did go for a short walk. It was really windy!

Carol, I really like that one from Smriti too. I think I have it downloaded.

Donna, how did it go today at the college?

Linda, there's always something to do, even when we travel!

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 07:22 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I did
Get Healthy U TV- Walk and Sculpt #1- 45 minutes;
This was set up similarly to the other GHUTV walking workouts I've done - intervals of 5 minutes of walking followed by 5 minutes of weight training. I am so sore today from this Walk & Sculpt video - oh my stars! I knew it was challenging for me when I did it, but I didn't realize just how challenging. I think I'll be sore for days. Chris did use different moves than you usually see in a "walk and tone" workout - these weight moves were more "serious" weight moves I guess. I only used 5 lb weights, with a set of 3's for some of the shoulder work, but oh my goodness.

Prevention 10 Minute Pilates-Cardio - 10 minutes;
10 Minute Solution Tighten & Tone Pilates - Long & Lean Stretch - 10 minutes
I did these two last night to try to help stretch myself out after that morning workout. The Prevention Pilates DVD is a new one - I hadn't seen it before until I stumbled across it on Amazon while looking for a different Prevention dvd. It has 6 segments - Cardio (low impact, barefoot cardio done all standing with no burpees or mountain climbers), Lower Body, Core Burner (or some such name), Upper Body with Weights, Core and More with Weights, Total Body with Weights. The lead is Amy Kiser Schemper, from BodyFit by Amy YouTube site. She was pleasant enough.

Yesterday afternoon was spent at the laundramat - I'm getting to where I recognize the customers! How sad is that?

Good job Dana! I keep signing up for her challenges and then being busy with other stuff. One of these days, I'll actually do one of them.

Christine, nice work with your walk and mat work.

Back to work I go ~

Carol
Old 01-21-20, 09:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to work today....

This morning I did Jessica Valent's Cardio Pilates. It was good - not much cardio per se but there wan't a whole lot of set up between exercises, so no down time! I plan to get a walk in at work today even though it is chilly and I plan to get my Essentrics Day # 9 in this evening.

Carol - that sounds like a toughie! Ugh - I'm sorry about the washing machine situation.... I'm glad I'm sticking w/ the Essentrics challenge, I'm seeing positive changes in terms of my flexibility and feeling looser and more mobile. The trouble is, I get bored/tired of doing the same things so even though this is good for me, at some point I'll get tired of it! I need to find a 'sweet spot' for it - minimum number of days per week that give me benefit without burnout!

Christine - it was a good visit - the college is only 20 minutes away from home for DD. I am sure she doesn't want to go there b/c it is so close - but she could live on campus - I keep telling her it would be a good option for a year or two to get used to being away. I think if she knew she could pull it off and get a job in the field she would go to art school, but she hesitates thinking it would be tough to do that.

Dana - like Carol, I keep signing up for the challenges and then get caught up in something else. I'm sure I'll get through one of them one of these days!

Cheri - how is Blackberry? There is a dog at our shelter that I want to adopt - but I keep telling myself 3 dogs may be too many!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 10:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yesterday was JS Total stretch Dynamic stretch and Liz Gillies Zone Pilates mat and ball Body sculpt. That was my random day combo. It was a gentle and invigorating combination.

Dana it's so chilly. And yet I saw someone walking in flip flops..no socks...in 20°s. So got me if you enjoy the chilly temps so much that you go around wearing summery clothing in the winter too?

Donna navigating the college decision path is extremely difficult. It's so nice for your daughter how supportive you are.

Carol I hope you have worked through your soreness. You certainly picked some good stretch videos to do that.

Christine there is definitely always something to do. It was good knowing I could find a workout online and not have to lug my laptop and play a DVD. I had to grit my teeth to ignore the hotel gawkers. That used to keep me from working out in the hotel fitness room but I don't let that now. Plus they had a nifty two handled Spri med ball and it was fun! Interestingly, the YouTuber was encouraging and told me "you're doing great!" But lol, I said "How do YOU know?!"

The funny thing is when my instructors at home do that I'm all like" yes, I am!" Or " I'm trying to..thanks!" But I somehow feel that THEY would know. One element of my vidiocy, that is, I have established a relationship with my DVD instructors.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 03:38 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Beginner Strength

I like that one because it's mostly done in a chair.

Linda, LOL, I sometimes answer when the instructors asks "how are you doing?" Good for you for not caring about the gawkers. I'm surprised people would even stop and stare!

Donna, I recall really liking that workout by Jessica Valant. I'm glad things went well with the college visit. It's good that she's at least open to looking even if you don't think she'll go. You never know! I hope she can find a way to follow her talents and dream.

Carol, that sounds like a good Pilates workout!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote