Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-23-14, 05:32 AM  
cristinalatina

Secret workouts you enjoy

Every now and then when I'm alone I love to do a prenatal workout just for fun, just because, just to pretend I turned back time!

Do you have a secret workout you just don't want anyone else to know you enjoy so much?
Old 03-23-14, 08:17 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Well, I like a lot of Denise Austin's workouts, but I kinda feel like they are considered to be too easy.....but I like them, and do them from time to time!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 08:56 AM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
Well, I like a lot of Denise Austin's workouts, but I kinda feel like they are considered to be too easy.....but I like them, and do them from time to time!
Sherry
hahaha!
Old 03-23-14, 08:59 AM  
bubbles76

I actually like a lot of workouts with bootcamp in the title...but I cringe every time I do them! The workouts themselves, the camo attire, nothing at all like the actual bootcamp I went to. So it's my secret shame, haha!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 09:05 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I like some of Jane Fonda's old workouts a lot, both her step workouts, Lower Body Solution and Workout with Weights. I had her personal training series on DVD but got rid of it, kind of sorry that I did that but I only used the weight workout anyway.

I also really like Denise Austin's old step workout from 1991. Super dated but I like it. Esquire step aerobics I also like, again super dated and really basic but I need that some days.

I am finding lately that I like my old step workouts from the 90's better than ones released in more recent years, how's that for weird?
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 09:06 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

My so-called secret () is that I'm doing a lot of post-natal workouts these days though I haven't been pregnant in decades. I enjoy the slower pace, usually more chill music and relaxed vibe. Some are still pretty tough though, haha.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 09:13 AM  
Buzzer

I hate hate hate yoga, but I love Yoga 4 fertility by brenda strong. DH would freak if he even saw it (we are not planning a #2 Little Buzz) but I love that yoga!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 11:07 AM  
vanessakm

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
Sherry
I have to say Denise Austin as well. I recently rediscovered her after pretty much writing her off in the 90's. I reviewed one of her workouts on VF yesterday and was *slightly* embarrassed about it. Like I wanted to write a long qualifier saying, "Uhhh....look I did kettleball workout for an hour with my trainer the other day and I own Jillian Michaels' dvd's too!!"

I also like Patricia Moreno's "IntenSati" workout, which is a good one. But it's on the touchy feely side with the aphorisms you are supposed to recite while you do it ("Every day, in every way. I am, I'm better. I'm better. Yes!") I started this workout Friday night, went to open the window then thought, "Dude, my neighbors could hear....."
vanessakm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 11:11 AM  
dnna

old vhs with lots of clapping and whooping. Today after reading this thread I did Richard Simmons Step. and laughed and laughed. I ge to the point where Richard raises his hands and screams "Why why do I love tap up and tap down" gets me every time.
I would prefer to do this one alone!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 11:37 AM  
Cybersparkle

Ellaenchanted posted this workout

Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I just did this and it was hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SEE-dCoQgc

It's a chair workout, that had good music and a super enthusiastic instructor. I did it and my SO walked in the room, he was bent over laughing so hard at me . I really enjoyed it and it even got my heart rate up a little. Makes me bounce in the chair just thinking about it

But I would only share this with you VFers & make sure the door is closed & locked next time!
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair workouts, vhs workouts