Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-14, 11:20 AM  
Footballnut

P90X2 Impressions

I would love to get some feedback from those of you who have done P90X2. Is this a stand alone type program from P90X or is it P90X extreme extreme? LOL Thanks!!! Ginger
Old 01-03-14, 12:02 PM  
andtckrtoo

P90X2 is very different from P90X. It's more metobolic training and has some interesting moves. A lot of people do not like it. I really liked it and still use it.

This link gives you an example of the moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMbM9nOPHRI
Old 01-03-14, 01:03 PM  
Footballnut

Christine, Thank you so much for that link. Helped me to decide it probably isn't a good fit for me. I was already suspecting that.
Old 01-03-14, 01:20 PM  
EnglishIvy

Excellent program. Can take you new places if you are willing to step outside the traditional weight training box. IMHO, I think it is very good at highlighting functional strength weaknesses. That and the fact that there were a lot of expectations to be a P90X twin probably contributed to its lukewarm reception.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 03:01 PM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

Now this I like lol..I guess I like what most VFers don't

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in Me (Jesus) you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 03:09 PM  
Fitstick

I did not like P90X2 at all... the moves were very difficult for me to execute and I felt that I could hurt myself trying to attempt them. Modifying did not help much because you had to do something almost completely different and that was frustrating. I rarely would think to trade my workouts - but this set got traded. I was really disappointed. If you have 4 med balls and want to try doing plank on them, go for it!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 03:38 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishIvy View Post
Excellent program. Can take you new places if you are willing to step outside the traditional weight training box. IMHO, I think it is very good at highlighting functional strength weaknesses. That and the fact that there were a lot of expectations to be a P90X twin probably contributed to its lukewarm reception.
I agree with you.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 03:44 PM  
marmact

I didn't like it at first but it REALLY grew on me. Now it includes some of my favorite workouts. It's definitely different from the original X, though. There's a huge balance component, which I really enjoy.

If you're looking for heavy weight training by BB, a better choice might be Body Beast.
Old 01-03-14, 04:50 PM  
Footballnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
I didn't like it at first but it REALLY grew on me. Now it includes some of my favorite workouts. It's definitely different from the original X, though. There's a huge balance component, which I really enjoy.

If you're looking for heavy weight training by BB, a better choice might be Body Beast.
I think this might be what I should do. Thanks.
Old 01-03-14, 11:53 PM  
catcrazy

Can someone with both P90X3 and P90X2 compare them for me. I have 3 and so far like it and was wondering how it compared to 2. I know 3 are shorter workouts but what else can you tell me? Thanks! Linda
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p90x2