Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-08, 03:05 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Reviving this once again, just found Jane Fonda's Prime Time Workout.
The only thing I wanted to share was it has PRINTED, not a sticker, on the front of it $39.95 suggested retail. The back says something about for people who couldn't do either the Beginner or Advanced JF workouts can use this. Does that mean it is for intermediates or more than beginner beginners?

Oh, my. Since I paid 80 cents, and frankly only got it because of the price on the front, I can tell my husband I saved $39.15, can't I ? So now I can get some others, right, $39.15 worth?

Y'all have a merry one.

Renda
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 03:34 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

in another forum that's called cofarbian economics.. saving some dough and then using that "saved" money to spend on something else. thus almost making it free. doesn't always work with significant others but it does make a LOT of sense to women
it's a basic work out. let us know what's up with it. I am about to put a huge lot of dvds and videos on ebay -- some I bought and never even opened-- because I tried one of a series and thought I would like it and then it got too boring.
sigh.
Stevie

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 03:56 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Bonanza on Saturday! Someone dumped some of their BB stuff. For 5 dollars I bought a vase, Power Half Hour Arms (have this on vhs, got a dvd!), a Slim in Six dvd with Keep it Up?/Slim and Limber and Slim and Six Pack, and three of the Slim Series workouts, Mix it Up, Shape it Up and one more Tear it Up maybe. The last was one of the 78 minute workouts.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 05:49 PM  
laurajhawk

w00t Lynn!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 08:43 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO
Bonanza on Saturday! Someone dumped some of their BB stuff. For 5 dollars I bought a vase, Power Half Hour Arms (have this on vhs, got a dvd!), a Slim in Six dvd with Keep it Up?/Slim and Limber and Slim and Six Pack, and three of the Slim Series workouts, Mix it Up, Shape it Up and one more Tear it Up maybe. The last was one of the 78 minute workouts.
FYI - Shape It Up and Tear It Up are both 78-minute workouts. Shape It Up is one of my favorites and very easy to split into an upper body or lower body workout. Keep It Up is nice and short so it's good for days you don't have as much time to workout.

Great finds!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 08:04 AM  
jpsrolls

Thrift Store DVD

I found a shrink-wrapped Buff Brides Countdown to Gown at a thrift store in my sister's neighborhood. I like it a lot. It did not get good reviews, but I judge for myself. You can make it harder by using a tighter resistance band and heavier weights. Mine came with a very light resistance band..
jpsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 09:14 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

resistance bands are cheap . you are right, you can increase the intensity of the work out by using heavier weights and stronger bands as well as doubling the reps too.
good for you!!

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 12:59 PM  
bubbles76

Today I got Power 90 DVD, I think the beginner one. I also got the Original Callanetics hardcover book in just about pristine condition. I'm very happy
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-08, 06:55 PM  
babyweightbgone

I just found Kari's angles lines and curves 2 last night for $2.99
I previewed it,looks great!
I also got a VHS of Crunch best arms and abs with Faith for $0.50
as all vhs were on sale!
First time I ever thought to look at a value village for fitness dvd's, also found barbell plates there at very impressive prices, thanks guys for letting me know about this
Old 12-26-08, 10:55 AM  
shirleyj62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsrolls
I found a shrink-wrapped Buff Brides Countdown to Gown at a thrift store in my sister's neighborhood. I like it a lot. It did not get good reviews, but I judge for myself. You can make it harder by using a tighter resistance band and heavier weights. Mine came with a very light resistance band..
If anyone wants this, Buff Brides Countdown to Gown, I have it as a SASE. It comes with the resistance band. I just need postage. PM me if interested.

Beauty is what you feel about yourself not what you see in the mirror.
shirleyj62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
29 minute workout, calisthenics, jeans, thrift store finds