Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-23-06, 09:22 PM  
ziggy2306
VF Supporter

I am actually happy to see Firm videos with less equipment. I haven't had a chance to buy any of them yet, but I can see at least 3 that I will get. After all, there are just days when the thought of tall box work makes me cringe.

Starting over is never easy...

***That's Abner, my crazy Bassador (Bassett/Lab) in my avatar***
ziggy2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-06, 07:05 AM  
annetteb

I have done the ball, cardio, pilates workouts. I have the cords but haven't tried that one yet. I am waiting on the yoga and cardio dance with Allie.
Old 11-24-06, 01:00 PM  
Bliss6789

I have Ultimate Fat Burning and the toning ball workout. UFB is o.k. - fun but not terribly intense. I'll keep it for a lighter workout day. I really like the toning ball workout. It gets my heartrate up. By itself, I don't think it provides a lot of muscle "toning" benefit, but if my muscles are pre-fatigued from a weight workout beforehand, that little 6 lbs. ball starts to feel pretty challenging. One of my fave combos lately has been the Firm's Body Sculpt Blaster & the toning ball workout.
Bliss6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-06, 01:57 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss6789
if my muscles are pre-fatigued from a weight workout beforehand, that little 6 lbs. ball starts to feel pretty challenging.
Ha, try it with the 8lb ball and it doesn't feel so little anymore.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-06, 03:12 PM  
DBW

Just did this ...for less than $10 it is worth it...a nice short intermediate workout. I didn't care for the first cardio section with the mambas too much though. Others have compared it to Leslie but with all the squats, lunges and weight work I felt it was more definitely more challenging than any Leslie I've ever done (but I'm not an expert on her though).
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-06, 08:42 PM  
rubyspirit
VF Supporter

I have the dance tape with Allie. Its been awhile but remember it to be pleasant. I want the UFB one.
rubyspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 08:28 PM  
cmhazlett

Now That You've Had These Awhile, What's the Verdict?

I'm climbing back on the fitness video wagon once again and I just saw these listed at Collage. Are any of them worth acquiring?????

Thanks,
Claire
cmhazlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 08:57 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

Ultimate Fat Burning is the only "Firmish" one of the bunch and it is available retail at places like Walmart for cheaper than at Collage.

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 09:16 PM  
cjo42a

The toning ball workout is great IMO. I've done it about 5 times and I think it's going to be a mainstay. I suspect I'll like the other Tina workout, she is a great instructor.

I like Cardio Dance Slimdown but I also like that classic cornball Jane Fonda Low Impact workout with the turkey feathers

Target (my LAME target even) has a special packaging of the toning ball workout and the cord workout with UFB/Cardio Sculpt Blaster (can't remember which goes with which though) for $14.99. A great value I think. It seems like every Christmas I wonder why I didn't wait for my Firm purchases.
Old 01-08-07, 09:30 PM  
Cardiogirl

I was only interested in Alison's UFB and Tina's cord w/o. I really like UFB and do it all the time. I've only done Tina's 2x. Both times I used dumbbells because I got the heavy cord and it was waaaaaay too short.
Cardiogirl is offline   Reply With Quote