Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-30-20, 09:47 AM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *July* 2020 Check-In

Welcome to the July 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 07:46 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Deb enjoy your family visit!

One of the things I was surprised to discover is that I am an E as defined in the Meyers Briggs literature:

"The first pair of psychological preferences is Extraversion and Introversion. Where do you put your attention and get your energy? Do you like to spend time in the outer world of people and things (Extraversion), or in your inner world of ideas and images (Introversion)?"

I was super quiet and shy when I was young. I'm still not what most people would think of as a talkative extravert, but I definitely get my energy from other people. On our group tours or family reunions, my much more talkative husband gets worn out and needs to recoup, but I'm energized.

So, yeah, this isolation bit has been a lot harder on me than dh. I work on reaching out to people and am developing routines.

Our son Daniel had his 29th birthday yesterday. We spoke on the phone quite a while, I shared photos with our family group chat and his birthday coffee shipment hasn't arrived. I order our beans online, so I made a special order for him last week when I ordered mine.

Workout log the last few days-date, steps, workout
:

25-Jun-20 12731
26-Jun-20 5252
27-Jun-20 4950
28-Jun-20 4647
29-Jun-20 5952
30-Jun-20 12439 Cathe Live #170 Metabolic Burn, Walk
1-Jul-20 Cathel Live #179 Triple Threat
Old 07-02-20, 02:12 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I went to the farmer's market this morning. I was the only person wearing a mask.

Yay for being in shape! I locked my keys, purse and phone in the van when I was at the market and only realized it after I shut the door. I walked home (1 mile) to get the extra van keys and Jack took me back to the market. Fortunately I had on sunscreen since there was little shade. Then I went to the nature trail to walk. The "real feel" is 98, but it wasn't too bad on the shaded trail.
Old 07-02-20, 10:26 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Yesterday I was jetlagged/heat exhausted and today I have an allergy headache. I did a treadmill walk tonight to get my steps. I'll be out in the garden pulling weeds for the next week. TX's governor just implemented a mask rule statewide there - that will bring a great deal of relief to DD. She doesn't go anywhere with crowds because the virus spike is so bad there. She received info today that her college will be doing face to face instruction in the fall. In Akron, where DS/DIL are preschool - 2nd grade are in person when school starts, grades 3 - 8 are two days a week at school with the rest online, and 9 - 12 are all online. It's sounding like the district here will start face to face with modifications, with details to be released later in July.
Leslie, some towns in Idaho are starting to implement mask rules. I always wear mine.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 05:04 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Today I (socially distanced) walked with my walking group.

For some reason my shoulder is hurting today. I'll take some ibuprofen and see if it calms down.

Chrys, I hope Texans wear their masks. I'm glad I don't have to worry about school openings. I feel for all parties.

We're going to watch "Hamilton" tonight on DisneyPlus.
Old 07-04-20, 10:10 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 7/1 - 5608 steps/2.37 miles
Thursday, 7/2 - 8947 steps/3.79 miles
Friday, 7/3 - 1376 steps/0.58 miles

DD came home on Wednesday and we went and got pizza and then went to get a few things at the grocery store. Thursday she and I went and did some shopping, wearing our masks when we went into the various stores. Yesterday we all went out in the boat. We rode out to one of the barrier islands and went swimming. I only had my Fitbit on for a couple of hours after we got home.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 10:33 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Rest day today. I'm going to make a lemony bean salad (vegan) and 2 cherry desserts (one vegan) to take to a small socially distanced back yard potluck. The host has a great view of the city fireworks.

We watched "Hamilton" last night. I really enjoyed it. I was reading an article about Phillipa Soo, the actress who played Eliza Hamilton, and it mentioned her mother was born in Southern Illinois. With a little digging I was able to figure out Phillipa is my 5C2R. (Genealogy is a hobby of mine)
Old 07-05-20, 11:51 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Friday we spent the morning at the vet's office (in the parking lot) because Jethro had terrible pains in his stomach. He was there most of the days, doing xrays. I pulled and dug grass out of the perenniel beds after that. He also seems to have tweaked his back, so he's had a miserable few days
Yesterday I dug weeds and grass for 7 hours and did a 2 mile walk. Today we are going to watch Hamilton, which I love and DH hasn't seen.
Leslie, how cool about the Hamilton actress! Your food sounds fabulous!
Sissy, boating and swimming sounds awesome!

Chrys Dayley
Old 07-06-20, 08:58 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Thursday 2-Jul-20 11651

Friday 3-Jul-20 11713

Saturday 4-Jul-20 4959

Sunday 5-Jul-20 3562 Classical Stretch Season 6- Arms and Posture

Monday 6-Jul-20 Steps to be determined, walked at nature trail plus Cathe Live 210 Fit Tower Light Total Body warmup + first half

Copy and paste from workout log: date, steps, workout.

Today I got my hair cut and colored. The salon was mostly empty. My stylist and I wore masks (I told her it was important to me). The other 4 people in the salon (another stylist, customer, nail tech and her customer) did not. They were across the room from me (big room) and I sanitized my hands immediately when I got back in the van.

Deb, how was your visit with the fam?

Sissy, when do you get the heck out of Dodge and go to your dd's place?
Old 07-07-20, 06:24 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Yesterday I walked on the treadmill and gardened for 5 hours. My meno symptoms are back with a vengeance, so I am hot flashing and having insomnia again. I decided to give gardening a break today. My co-worker came over and we had an outside visit this morning, which was really nice. Jethro is 100% better, which is great! I'm going to do a treadmill walk and a short workout later, and go to bed early to hopefully sleep.
Leslie, sounds like great precautions you did at your salon.

Chrys Dayley

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers