Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-03-20, 08:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were:

Pahla B - 31 Day Challenge - Weight Loss for Women Over 50 - Day 2 - 25 minutes;
Pilates Nest - 10 Minute Pilates for Legs - 10 minutes

Day 2 was a Balance/Strength workout - I always find Pahla's balance work tough.

Dana - Bailey's challenge sounds good - I figured out that she is a Canadian who moved to Australia. How fun! She is pretty perky, but not as bad as Casey Ho, for sure.

Cheri - Thanks for the Hundred modification! I just hate that exercise.

Waves to Donna, Brenda & Christine.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 08:34 AM  
cherimac

PN Feel Good Pilates

Happy Friday!
Old 07-03-20, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Barre Fitness - Cardio & Floor Barre sections. I haven't done this DVD is ages, it was nice to re-visit. I enjoyed the Cardio section and even did some of the jumping.

Carol - good job! I agree re: Pahla. She is having another sale on her programs this weekend - again 50% off. I think her message is a good one!

Dana - Yes, Bailey is perky, but not like Cassey.

Cheri - thanks for that modification suggestion.

Waves, Brenda, Linda...Christine, I hope you are feeling better - you have been in my thoughts.

I am going to work on some housecleaning today as well as probably go online and do some more work for my job...but I'm going to set a timer and stick to it. I have been working over time for months now.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 06:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were:

Pahla B - Strength & Cardio for Women Over 50 - 26 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Feel Good Pilates - 30 minutes

Pahla's workout was about 60% strength and 40% cardio - 30 second intervals with 10 second rest intervals. Feel Good Pilates was a mix of strengthening and stretching (a little more stretching than usual) - the seemingly endless set of double leg stretch and single leg stretch was too many reps for me - but a good workout overall.

I spent yesterday afternoon working trying to get somewhat caught up. I think I'll do some today too - to finish up what I didn't get done yesterday. The 4th is going to be event-less around here.

Donna - setting a timer is a good idea! I tend to set a goal instead - i.e., I'll work until I have this stack of deposits done (no matter how long it takes). When do you start back in the office? We are toying with the idea of cutting our time in the building for July, to reduce risks for everyone. Trying to preserve the start of in person classes!

Waves to all! Happy 4th of July!

Carol
Old 07-04-20, 08:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica - 5 Mix & Match Miles - Premix # 3
Jessica - Gentle Yoga - For Balance, Flexibility & Mobility - Hips and Knees

Yesterday after "work" I did Jessica's Gentle Yoga - Neck & Shoulder and Chest & Back practices.

I actually completed the calm & strong rotation!

I'm not sure what I want to do next - maybe a Leslie walk rotation plus Pilates? Or I may look into Summer of Strength or maybe doing one of Jessica's Walk On Rotation (she has a few listed on her DVD covers...) The walks/steady state cardio is relaxing to me, so that is why I'm sort of drawn to it.

Carol -that is a good idea also about how to catch up on work at home w/out ruining your whole weekend. I am probably going to do some more stuff today - again w/ the timer. The caveat being, if I'm almost done w/ something I will go past the timer...but only until I'm finished. It is just challenging this year b/c I have been doing 2 jobs for this month - at the busiest time of year, too. But, hopefully things will calm down soon. We're not sure when we are going back - as is typical w/ gov't we had a 1.5 hour meeting last Friday but I am no closer to knowing when I'm going back and we're going to be having departmental meetings the week of the 13th - maybe that will provide answers? I tend to think we're not going back until after Labor Day (and then, we'll probably be in the second wave -so who knows?). The focus was getting the folks who have been on admin leave (those unable to telework) back on board first. I guess we'll see.....I hope when we go back it isn't full time, I hope it is just for a day or two a week. In the meeting they said we should still be using Zoom, Teams, Skype, etc. for meetings even if we are in the office - so, in my mind, why go back? I know we're still immersed in paper files, but everything can move to electronic...

Hope everyone has a good day.

DD is riding today and then going to a friend's house. I'm a bit worried about her going to her friend's house but it is only her and two other friends gathering, so hopefully it will be ok. They will be outside...so that is better than inside. I personally wouldn't go if it were me, but I feel that keeping her confined is potentially more harmful at this point. This past week when she was working, she was much happier - going to bed at a normal time, being more talkative, etc. etc. Of course, I'm nervous about her driving herself, too, I told her she had to be home by dark. I'm not ready for her to drive at night by herself - she's only had her license for two weeks...and it is a holiday weekend....

Donna
Old 07-05-20, 07:01 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

BBFIT 35 Min Low Impact Cardio Full Body. I used 3 lbs weights and was really huffing and puffing throughout. I really enjoyed this workout which was Day 1 of Bailey's Summer Glow Challenge. Calendar is set up for Mon-Fri workouts each 30-40min long and Bailey recommends doing at least 3 workouts per week. I can see myself doing 3 workouts/week but probably not all five.
Leslie 2 Miracle Miles - 30min. I need a break from Pahla but still wanted some uncomplicated movement.

I'm glad the 4th is behind us. People in our area started with firecrackers and fireworks at the beginning of June and were at it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT without exception for hours on end. I'm close to losing my mind because we didn't have a quiet night since June 1. I know they're probably be at it again tonight but if it continues much longer I'll have to file a noise violation complaint. Enough is enough! I hate noise!

We're having a heat wave here and are looking at another 90+ day. Ugh. Sorry if I sound crabby but I'm not a heat lover.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!
Old 07-05-20, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Trifecta Pilates - Dynamic Pilates Routine - Even though this one was an hour long, I enjoyed it - she used a bunch of different equipment, ring, small ball, looped resistance band and resistance band. I enjoyed the different variations of the exercises in this one.

I may do something else later today - Ellen's new workout is up.....

Dana - sounds like you are enjoying Bailey. I also am not a fan of noise!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 07-05-20, 08:25 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

4th of July workouts were:

Walk - 30 minutes;
Pilates By Lisa - Gentle Low Back Pain Tutorial - 24 minutes & Upper Back Stretch Routine - 12 minutes;
Pahla B - 31 Day Challenge - Weight Loss for Women Over 50 - Day 10 - 20 minutes

For some reason I woke up with a sore mid-back on one side yesterday. It bothered me all day, regardless of what I took (medicine-wise) or did (everything from walking to stretching to soaking in epsom salts). It hurts the most when I am sitting, so I'm hoping that it clears up by tomorrow (when I go back to work and have to sit all day).

Donna - I also like pilates workouts with "toys" as Smriti calls them. It's so normal to worry about your DD as she begins to spread her wings.

Dana - Another anti-noise person here. People were shooting fireworks everywhere this year - right in the middle of neighborhoods, etc. Normally that doesn't happen in town, just out in the country. I guess not having an organized fireworks show drove people nuts.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 07-05-20, 10:33 AM  
donnamp

Carol - I wonder if it is all the desk work that is tweaking your back?

Here's something funny - I'm considering buying Pahla's e-book for runners - I normally don't like her indoor walk/run workouts - but I'm thinking I could use the audio either outdoors or on the treadmill or bike. I'm watching her You Tube "ask me anything" Q & A this morning as I do stuff around the house.

Donna
Old 07-05-20, 12:31 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Carol - I wonder if it is all the desk work that is tweaking your back?

Here's something funny - I'm considering buying Pahla's e-book for runners - I normally don't like her indoor walk/run workouts - but I'm thinking I could use the audio either outdoors or on the treadmill or bike. I'm watching her You Tube "ask me anything" Q & A this morning as I do stuff around the house.

Donna
I don't know about my back - it felt fine on Friday, and then crappy when I got up on Saturday. At least it does actually feel some better today.

Here's something funnier - I actually bought her e-book for runners! It looks to be 3 walking/running workouts a week, with 3 strength type workouts three days a week - abs, full body, legs, etc. It does start out slower and increase in intensity running-wise. I don't think even Pahla can turn me into a runner, as much as I like her, but I did want to support her because she gives away so much content on YouTube. I do enjoy her Q & As and I've started listening to some of her podcasts when I walk.

Carol