Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-02-20, 08:00 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Karen: We are doing ok. DH feels awful more often than not. I can't tell what is wrong but I am guessing it is kidney related. His legs are growing weaker and he can hardly stand up at times. Most of his care team has been unresponsive. We are in that awkward time btwn fellows graduating and new ones coming on. I guess it's like the whole C19 thing.... too bad if you need medical care. It's not convenient for them right now.

JB We have been fortunate for our county of about 77k to only have had a total of 64 infections and 2 deaths out of those 64. I expect #'s to climb everywhere bcz of the protests, bars and holiday gatherings. We are open in most areas but not all. Some chain stores have different rules, some places are closed (probably permanently) and others have limited hours and access. I just find Walmart closing at 840 terribly inconvenient, esp when I need bandages for DH and didn't realize I am out / nearly out.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 08:35 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Other than at specific places, masks are currently not mandatory. I suspect this fall it will change.

Workouts are hit and miss. I am exhausted a couple hours after a weight workout.

Gotta run. Be back shortly.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 07-03-20, 09:13 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 50 minutes on the elliptical and Step Boss Lying Extended Stretch.

Gibbee - Great to hear from you. I'm so sorry about your DH and the situation at the hospital. It must be so unbelievably frustrating for you. I'm glad your area isn't being hit too hard yet. I saw this morning the country had 55,000 new cases. That's unfathomable to me that some people still are not taking this virus seriously. I read some college students were having COVID parties and the first person to get the virus wins a pot of money. .

Karjoy - I'm glad you were able to get to the beach and unwind a bit. Just looking at the water always relaxes me. That bar owner was beyond stupid. We had a winery owner here suing the governor for requiring masks, but the lawsuit got thrown out of court.

Vannie - It is so humid here too. I haven't gone outside for a walk in several days.

Cher - I hope you are having a fun time at the cabin.

Have a good Fourth of July, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 08:13 PM  
Vantreesta

I drove an hour to meet a friend to go walking today and then we grabbed lunch. I hadn't seen her in 6 months so it was really good to catch up. I felt a little bad bc hubby was off today but we'll have the wknd together. Cyric was total wiggle-butt excited to see me. What can be better than that?? I mean, it would be awfully weird if hubby was wiggle-butt excited.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 08:27 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Happy Fourth of July to everyone! Today is a rest day for me. I went to the outdoor boot camp yesterday and had a blast. I am really enjoying that.

A locally owned fitness studio here had a staff member test + for COVID. So of course they have to shut down for 2 weeks and get everyone tested. I’m very glad I opted out of group indoor fitness.

Gibbee so good to hear from you!

Gotta go and I will do my best to visit later. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 01:38 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY ALL!

Cher: Your walk with the WW friend sounds nice. Hope all is well at the cabin!

Vannie: Your butt-wiggle comment made me laugh!

Karen: A big (uber expensive) summer camp in the SW part of our state reported two counselors tested positive and they had to close down the camp and get the kids tested.

I would like to use some gym equipment at times, but our gym is restricting times of use, amount of time you spend there, etc., which means I am even more unlikely to visit - except the physical therapy portion for my neck. Outdoor classes are being offered, along with a few SD'd classes indoors. What I am seeing, though, is mom and some of her friends are declining in their abilities because until about a month ago there was nothing to do besides take a walk or use something online. Mom doesn't have that kind of motivation. Her treadmill and 3's and 5's sit idle. She likes being with her friends, so at 83 she has always fooled people who think she's in her mid-late 60's, but she has noticed a decline in abilities - and so has my FIL (to the point he has been using a cane at times). Both know they need to move but are so scared to venture out anywhere, they are paying the price in other ways. Crazy times.

Check in: I've been going to physical therapy 2x a week and trying to squeeze in my neck/back exercises but lately I feel SO unmotivated. I find total body weight workouts exhausting. I could easily fall asleep 2 hours after a workout. KCM said to back off for a while. I have. Doesn't seem to have helped much... and my motivation meter is dropping.

Today I did a Jen leg workout and enjoyed it but 2 hours later I wanted to put my head down and take a long nap. I have decided to do my physical early this year and ask doc to check my blood. I am sure some of it has to do with poor sleep and stress, but I also think I am not eating enough, but I don't want to eat the good stuff. I had a chef salad the other day and I normally plow through it and I could barely eat any of it. I just sounded - and tasted - gross. I wonder if it is the heat and humidity because it has yet to let up.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate