Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-20, 07:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Gams, it's just been awful, hasn't it?? Cyric would only go for a short walk this morning so I went again alone after breakfast. I survived it but no way was I going for a run. Good for you getting your workouts in. It's been a losing battle for me this week.

I would love to find out if mindfulness and getting enough quality sleep actually does help with weight loss. I am at my heaviest weight and not happy with it. I just ate a small amount of ice cream and tried to really focus and savor it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 07:41 AM  
Gams

Vantreesta, you probably saw that Duluth broke a record high yesterday, coming in at 93 degrees and Superior tied theirs at 90 degrees. So used to hearing the weather man say “cooler by the lake” but not now.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 10:44 AM  
Sollamyn

It's been a rough start for me this month! So far, I've managed to do a workout daily and drink a little more water than my usual. And that's all. My eating needs to seriously improve and I need to just start with the meditation already and not keep making excuses not to do it (too tired, can't focus, I need to be doing something else right now, etc., etc.).

Oh, I guess I've still been journaling, too, although I haven't really changed my MO on that yet. Just gotta keep working on it!

Donna
Old 07-03-20, 10:59 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Which ones did you Joni-O? So far I've accomplished days 1 and 2 from the 30 day challenge (10 minute routines). ...
The Seniors one and the Bones & Joints one. I like these workouts, but qi gong is way too slow for me right now. I think I needed more vigorous, though not strenuous, movement.

Yesterday's self-care was getting the second Shingrix shot. Now, today, I feel like crap. Maybe I'll be up for a stretch later in the day.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 01:39 PM  
fanofladyvols

You guys have wonderful ideas but there so many good ones I would not be able to keep them all up.

So I think I'm starting small and just going to keep my toenails polished. It makes me smile to see them be well cared for.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 08:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Vantreesta, you probably saw that Duluth broke a record high yesterday, coming in at 93 degrees and Superior tied theirs at 90 degrees. So used to hearing the weather man say “cooler by the lake” but not now.
I hadn't seen that, Gams. Yikes! Most summers I torture myself by checking the weather at Grand Marais but I haven't checked at all this year. My father-in-law lives up north and it's been strange that they've been as hot as us. Enough already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
You guys have wonderful ideas but there so many good ones I would not be able to keep them all up.

So I think I'm starting small and just going to keep my toenails polished. It makes me smile to see them be well cared for.

Linda, I love having my toenails painted too. They make me smile in forward bends.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-04-20, 10:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I dusted off a dust bunner/virgin, Trudie Styler's Strengthen & Restore Yoga. It was different - dance inspired standing yoga poses, all starting from horse stance (i.e. plie). In the interest of self care I FF'd the stuff that looked low back unfriendly.

I also reloaded Unf*ck Your Habitat to my Kindle and began following the program again. The state of my house depresses me. This is a great program for people with physical, emotional and/or mental issues to help tackle their mess and clutter without guilt. UFYH
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 11:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Linda, I love having my toenails painted too. They make me smile in forward bends.
Vantreesta, yes, every time!

Also when I do pilates. "Ok this might have been a struggle to see those feet..but hey girl, look at them mint candy apple toenails "

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 11:47 AM  
DCW

After a walk last night, I settled down and watched Hamilton on Disney+. It was so good just to forget everything and enjoy the play.

Now I am ready to see the play live.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 12:36 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Vantreesta, yes, every time!

Also when I do pilates. "Ok this might have been a struggle to see those feet..but hey girl, look at them mint candy apple toenails "
I love it!!

My self-care yesterday was a walk with a friend and a long overdue visit. I hadn't seen her since January.

Today I made two kinds of fudge. It's hard when two self-care things are in complete opposition! Making candy and baking are stress relievers for me but I need to eat better!

Tags
self care, self-care, standing yoga