Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-20, 07:25 AM  
sherry7899

I did not have the best exercise week. When did I last check in?

I took off Monday and Tuesday. My back was bothering me. I am going by memory, so this may not even be accurate.

Wednesday:
20 minutes of an NIA class
Yoga Upload morning stretch

Friday:
Soul Sweat World Heat with Sara Jane Finding our Bodies class 60 minutes
Blissana Yoga low back stretch

Saturday:
Soul Sweat World Heat with Sara Jane Accessing the Animal Withing 60 minutes
Blissana Yoga Wash Your Soul Yoga for Empaths

I will try to do personals later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 10:34 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quick fly by for me....

~Classical Stretch daily mini stretch on FB
~Barlates Standing ABs & Balance - This was really good, 20 min, and very effective. Reminds me that I should revisit my Barlates downloads. This one is on YouTube: https://youtu.be/pKb2j3YP0XA
~8 km walk
~Yin stretches, front body focus as my hip flexors are tight

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 10:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Sunday everyone.

Continued in blah mode - nothing but some half hearted PT on Friday; yesterday I forced myself to go for a walk around the 'hood and did some of Lee Holden's Back Pain DVD.

Went to my first live WW meeting since the shutdown. OMG. Nuff said!

I'll catch up tomorrow - everyone have a great rest of your week.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 08:17 PM  
cyana

Work-outs were boring this past week, but at least they happened: upper body weights one day, lower body weights the next with daily stability ball crunches x 50 reps, 20 back extensions on the stability ball, daily breath meditation AM and PM and today I also did this breath meditation from Kim Eng: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SeR3LxtdI .

Kate - I'm so sorry to hear that your son was in the hospital. Hopefully he'll feel all nice and perky with a boost to his cardiac output from the new pacemaker. Sending him healing thoughts.

Pat - I admit I had to chuckle at your description of the prospect of the upcoming Zoom meeting. We are switching over to Microsoft Teams and I am avoiding it as long as I possibly can as I'm not a fan.

Pam - I'm glad your dental procedure went well. I hope you enjoy the new granddog. One of my best friends from school had a dachshund and she would jump into the chair when you weren't paying attention and plant a doggy kiss right on your mouth. She did that to my son when he was a wee one and he wasn't quite sure what to make of her, LOL!

Sherry - That Blissana Wash Your Soul for Empaths practice sounds interesting.

Margot - Bummer on the hands. Hope you get a resolution soon.

Waves to Jackie.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 12:11 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today was a rest day of sorts....
~neighbourhood walk
~Classical Stretch FB mini stretch
~maybe some yin at bedtime as my hip flexors are still tight....

Cyana - Thanks for the meditation link! I had Kim’s yin yoga Dvd years ago. Sounds like you got some good balanced workouts in this week.

Pat - Nice that you were able to connect with your WW group again!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 06-29-20, 07:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured:

~ Walk at the beach
~ Lee Holden Qigong Flow (from the original Pacific Healing Arts set)

I got three hours of "sleep" last night. So far I'm functioning though.

Pam - those rubber contraptions are awful. Good luck with the crown and no pop outs. What yin poses do you like for the front hip flexors? I like half bow.

Sherry that Blissana practice does indeed sound interesting.

Nice to see you Cyana. I think you had a great week. That Kim Eng meditation looks nice, thank you for sharing. She is such a pleasure to listen to.

I hope everyone has a healthy and wonderful day.
Old 06-29-20, 10:09 AM  
sherry7899

I forgot to post yesterday. I did:

Soul Sweat with Lucy Saucy Sweat-67 minutes

I did not do separate yoga, but did my own yoga during the stretch at the end.

Today is a rest day, but I am doing cleaning and laundry.

I had gotten my energy back on Friday. I made four kinds of roasted vegetables, baked potatoes, pinto beans in the instant pot and high protein blueberry pancakes for breakfast over the weekend. Then Friday and Saturday night I only had four hours sleep each night and was really low energy yesterday. I had really push myself to do that cardio.

Pat, I can post the pancake recipe if you like. It has no flour, but if you have gluten free oats you could have it.

Sigh...we had dropped my 2006 Toyota Camry off for a oil change, and told the mechanic to check over my car. It needs nearly $2,000 in repairs! Well, it is fourteen years old and it is mainly replacements for original parts, so we can't complain.

Pat, I can relate to the lack of sleep. I am so sorry! I hope you sleep better tonight. I have been using a rub on essential oil for sleep, and it has actually helped some nights. I can post a link if you like. I envy your beach walks. We found out over the weekend that the boardwalk is closed at our favorite beach! They are only opening the areas right in front of stairs to go to the beach. We like that particular boardwalk area because they only have one pavillion with food/bathrooms. There are no restaurants or arcades, so a lot of people do not congregate there. It is depressing we can't go walk there. The lake we started going to swim a few summers ago is totally closed. That is likely for the best, though. I would not feel comfortable there now anyway.
In NJ you have to pay to go on the beach and we really just wanted to go down on random nights and walk the boardwalk.

I hear you on the scale....I had the lovely shock of that this morning! I am going to restart healthy eating soon-we have the fourth which is not the healthiest food, and our son's birthday is the 8th. We are bringing in food from our favorite Italian market, which is our first time getting food from anywhere since my birthday in February, plus I am making cake. That food will last for a few days. I will likely start the following Monday I guess five hours of dance cardio a week at least kept me from gaining more!

Kate, how is your son doing now? Sending you hugs.

Margot, I am so sorry about your hands. I hope they stop hurting soon.

Cyana, thank you for sharing the meditation. She has such a soothing voice. I need to try that one.

Pam, I love your workout variety.

Hi Jackie!

Okay, I need help with a social situation...a friend of ours called and left a message to invite us over for the fourth. They are having a party! Sigh...We are not going, but are not sure what to say. They are both over sixty, and one has cancer, so what I want to say is "are you f*..... insane!!" We don't want to expose them to us, plus we do not know anyone else who will be there and where they have been! What is wrong with people? We may just say we have plans and leave it at that, hoping that they don't push. Our friend is very outgoing and loves to host parties. He is an amazing cook as well. Under normal circumstances we would be happy to go, but not now.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 05:27 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I'm doing a lot of Zoom classes. Community Ed listed an in person class....but I don't think there is a lot of interest. Zoom has gotten awful convenient for people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

Okay, I need help with a social situation...a friend of ours called and left a message to invite us over for the fourth. They are having a party! Sigh...We are not going, but are not sure what to say. They are both over sixty, and one has cancer, so what I want to say is "are you f*..... insane!!" We don't want to expose them to us, plus we do not know anyone else who will be there and where they have been! What is wrong with people? We may just say we have plans and leave it at that, hoping that they don't push. Our friend is very outgoing and loves to host parties. He is an amazing cook as well. Under normal circumstances we would be happy to go, but not now.

Sherry
Sherry, I just think that if you're not comfortable, then don't go. We all have to do "life" as we see fit....and mutual respect goes a long way right now. It's fine to not go....everyone is very understanding of each other during these trying times.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 08:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s offerings:
~20 min cardio on maxi glider
~20 freestyle rebounding
~3 sets of 100 KB swings and moves
~Yin yoga class at my friend’s home She is still zooming her classes but now has three students at the house as we can easily social distance. It was nice to connect but a bit laborious to bring all my own props.

Sherry - I agree with Jackie, do what you feel comfortable with. I don’t know what things are like in your neck of the woods, but you’re in a Covid hotspot, I would certainly be careful. Your friends should understand if it’s out of your comfort zone.

Pat - Love those beach walks, they are good for the soul! My fave hip flexor stretches would be half apanasana on a block, a supported sphinx pose/half frog combo, lizard pose, & half saddle.

Jackie - I’m still zooming too, we haven’t discussed live classes yet.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 06-30-20, 08:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ Day 1 of Lee Holden's 30 day challenge;
~ About 20 minutes of Ellen's Fat Burning Fusion - happy feet series and stretch/cool down section

I'm going to incorporate more Ellen Barrett in July. I forgot how she targets all those spine muscles - and my ever expanding COVID saddlebags. They're back with a vengeance!

Sherry, I have some lavender essential oil, I'll have to try that. I need to get some sesame oil for a carrier. Wow it sure sounds like you got your energy back! I would just tell your friend "Thank you so much, but we had plans."

Hello Jackie, Pam and all the gang.