Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-28-20, 09:04 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Yikes, I haven't checked in since the 20th!
Carotid ultrasound is clear!
Daily walks, garden chores etc.
Yesterday was another record setter hike. We started before 6 & watched the woods begin to glow with light. It was supposed to be an overcast day, but we ran in & out of rain. We didn't don rain jackets until one heavy downpour, but later took them off. In the morning the hikers we met were either backpackers or serious hikers. Of course, nearing the falls & the Midnight hole the hordes appeared.
Grand total 12.2 miles.

Today will be gentle slow dog walks & stretching. I'm feeling better faster after each hike, but I still feel like a creaky old woman.

Thanks for keeping the check in going ladies!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 12:01 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Ok, crawling out

From my "slower" week! Alright, alright! I'll take it as a nice recovery week with good cardio. How's that?!? You guys made my day and made me feel better.

I am struggling a bit on the food front and to read this made me feel better. I am coming back strong and crawling out of my funk. (She says hopefully).!!!! Today is day 1. ONWARD ...

Kay: So good to see you. Kudos on the hike. You're killing it. I love when we do tough(er) than usual workouts and feel great. I had that happen this week (and then BAM! a day later I felt like a truck ran me over. hahahahahahahah!) But .. I digress. Good to see you. Thanks for always sharing your hiking stories.

Helen: That will be great if buddy comes up. I know you enjoy that. (I'd be running the other way ... social distancing is NO PROBLEM for me. I've been doing it for YEARS.)

Lili: Yes on the August memorial. But only time will tell. Who knows where we'll be at by then (the states). And by then we could have an infestation of Locus the way 2020 is going. :: slaps forehead ::

Waves to anyone who might be lurking.

Random thoughts: probably going to pre order KCM's 2 new workouts. I enjoy her workouts. So, why not?

Time to ramp things up for this week. My holiday of workouts is over. Maintenace no more!

Ok, on to me, me and all me:

6/27/2020: Olivia's Power Zone ride (30 minutes) ... easy peasy, but it got my extra credit ride done so I could count my second extra credit ride. Which I did a few, but only one counts. I did Robin Arzon's Dolly Parton ride. (30 mins) If you like Dolly Parton music, this was great!!! Not a tough ride. (Most except tabata) are not when I'm used to Power zone rides.

6/28/2020: Got a jump on my week with Denis Morton's 45 minute Power Zone ride (on the schedule for tomorrow ~ start of week 5 of this challenge. I got a good night's sleep, so figured it was a good time) . He tried to kill me. This was Zone 4 for 45 seconds and then zone 6 for 15 seconds. He did intervals of 5 minutes, 3 minute rest, 5 minutes, 3 minute rest, 6 minutes, 3 minute rest and 6 minutes ... Good grief. But I did it. I survived and the 3 minute rests are GLORIOUS. I followed it up with my usual Sundays with Love (45 Minutes) with Nancy and Ally. It was great. I then did arms - by Brenda Brown? Someone posted it here on VF. It was a youtube video. Wanted to do it yesterday, but didn't. So I made sure to do it today. I liked it. 18 minutes and quite a burner.

So, back to weight training of sorts. At least some upper body, lower body, maybe some core. Would like to throw in a treadmill run also, but we'll see. Get the food in order and ONWARD ....

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 06:44 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - glad to hear your area is Covid free! Cait is going to bootcamp?!? Is this voluntary or is it tied to college education like some countries?
Kay - another nice hike! So many days I wonder why I don't have the same energy that I used to, then I remember: I'm old! It's okay, though, cause we're not giving up!
Cleda - more impressive rides! Now I need to check out Kelly's new videos, even though I've clearly not done all of the ones I already own!

6/28 - 30 min Low Impact ride, I can't remember his name, English accent, too lazy to go to the basement to check. Then I did 2 miles with Leslie. This morning we spent trying to get the netting over the raspberries to keep the birds out. We were sweating so much when we finished that we didn't bother with the dog walk.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 01:34 AM  
Helen

Just to answer question...
LILI
Cait joined the reserves voluntarily. Looks great on a CV and she enjoys going to the gun/rifle range & the fitness aspect too.

We don't have the military tied to anything - strictly voluntary here, though some will join to get their uni paid for - if you join the forces & go to uni, they pay your fees & other things too, but I think you have to stay in for 3 years after you graduate, but don't quote me on it. And I'd imagine only certain courses qualify too. I knew a guy years ago who got through medicine that way - always the inherent risk of being sent to a battle-zone, which is just hell-scary!!

Mon., 29th Jun.
28min, Cathe - Mega Step Blast - Section 2 Mix
65min, Gilad - Bodies in Motion, Episodes 1,2,&3, with buddy
Tue., 30th Jun.
54min, Les Mills - Body Step 69
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 06:48 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thank you for the explaination. Our next door neighbor is from Germany, and their university is free, but you must serve in the military afterwards.

6/29 - Just finished a 3 mile run, but I struggled today. We are getting ready to walk the dogs for my cool down.

Old 06-30-20, 04:18 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

6/30 - I decided to take it easy today and did a Margaret Richards Unplugged, which is never as easy as I think it will be, followed by Up2TheBeat Fitness 2000 Steps something. I liked her music and it was just what I was looking for today.

Old 06-30-20, 07:14 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Helen, that's great what Cait is doing. It gets her away from Covid & she's becoming more physically fit & adding new skills & knowledge. I toyed with joining the Navy while in nursing school, then along came this guy named Art & it was a no go.

Cleda, amazing & consistent workouts! Yep, I like Dolly Parton music. We're very close to her hometown.

Lili, getting out there with the heat & humidity is admirable. Humidity is draining.

Not much more than dog walks, water chores & weed pulling. I helped Art carry bundles of insulation up to his she'd man cave.

Our wildflower hill has turned into a forest of weeds. After every rain we run out & pull some. We've actually been trying to soak the hill with hose & some of those things are immovable. That chore will continue.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 09:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!
I’ll rejoin you when the new July thread is up!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 02:22 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Hi everyone!
I’ll rejoin you when the new July thread is up!

YAY!!! It's on the way

under construction
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote