Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-28-20, 11:55 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes.

Cynthia, yes, DS cooked cholent in the crock pot and these Syrian savory pastries called sambosas with semolina flour and cheese on the inside (really good!) and he is able to crimp them really nicely. I never use the crock pot, but we pulled it out from the back of the cupboard.

Cheryl, those safety protocols sound fantastic. I have heard that there were a number of cases where the hairdresser actually had Covid, but with the safety protocols (masks) no one got sick, even though he cut a lot of hair cuts. I should check with my guy. He has had cancer recently and is an older guy, so I would imagine he would be very careful and has a very small salon, with usually no one there. But right now we are having such a big spike I figure it might be a good idea to wait until things settle down. Still your salon sounds like it couldn't be safer. So sorry that you are still having to deal with house issues -- what a strain. Hoping you will come through them soon.

Diana, also feeling so sorry that these new business issues have come up for you. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water!!!! (So to speak.) Praying that this resolves for you soon too! It is so disheartening when you think something is resolved and you feel you have fought through a hard fight and won... and just when you seem to be enjoying the fruits of victory, the jaws of defeat open up. Sometimes projects at work seem to go like that all the time, so I know how that feels.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 05:43 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, I hd to google cholent. Looks really good. Did yours (DS's) include eggs? Those savory pastries sound like a real treat. Your DS sounds like a good cook!

Check-in: Keep it Up. Beachbody has eliminated this, but I'm keeping mine.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 09:28 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Lynn Thank you.

The large church behind us (our church) had fireworks tonight. The fireworks were set off on our back lot and we were able to sit in our parking lot and watch them. It's always the best seat in the house, a perfect view and really fun. So we had that tonight after church. We had a little cookout. Some of us walked around the church after eating.

Check-In 20 minute walk (I was able to get my steps in today.)

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 08:11 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-29-20, 04:19 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Fitness Blender: Complete Upper Body Workout for Strength & Toning, and I walked a mile outdoors. Yesterday DD and I walked a mile outdoors and did a short indoor walk too. It's still really hot in our house. The a/c people are coming Wednesday, and the well people are coming tomorrow. Both are second opinions, so I'm praying both are so much less expensive than the first opinions. Thank you all for the kind words and prayers!

Diana, the fireworks sound fun. We usually go to our HOA lodge near the lake and watch, but obviously that is not happening this year. I'm not sure what is happening in the way of fireworks.

Lynn, your DS's food sounds delicious and creative. How nice to have him cook like that for you!

Cynthia, this is why we keep the DVDs we like. You can't count on them sticking around otherwise!

Cheryl
Old 06-29-20, 07:48 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: 30 min walk on the tourist path but the ocean was so pretty today I had to; zig-zag dodging the maskless. Then later, Cardio Core Express.

Tonight is the last zoom meeting/rehearsal of the San Jose choir. We're singing another piece we didn't get to perform in the spring, Mozart's Regina Coeli (queen of heaven); very light and upbeat. I've practiced it a few times this weekend (not that anyone will hear me, we'll all be muted except for the director and a recording) but still it was nice to know that I have my high notes. I could practice regularly, I have recordings of my vocal lessons, but I haven't felt like it.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 09:20 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl I hope second opinions are a better option.

Check-In: 50 minute walk & JS Toning Walk w/band

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-30-20, 06:48 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches & bird dogs
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-30-20, 10:31 AM  
lynnf

yesterday barre 3 and today Lauren Lean 3. This one had a lot of equipment I didn't have, like the TRX, but I improvised with stuff I did and it was ok.

Cynthia, no eggs as DH is an egg hater. The cholent had mostly beans and potatoes and it was good. DS is getting a lot of family recipes from his friends and they have a lot of different ethnic traditions, so we are getting a lot of traditions that weren't in our families and it's quite fun. It's quite nice to see how DS's cooking is progressing and how nice to be able to go to one's son and ask if we have a spring form pan and not only does he know what it is, he knows that we have one! Forget trying that with DH! It must be hard missing the energy of singing with your choir and keeping up the desire to sing on your own. I have the same issues with yoga and no yoga classes. I haven't figured out how to deal with that yet.

Cheryl, you inspired me! I'm getting a haircut today and my DH too. My hairdresser uses masks and the place is really small, so no worries about crowds.

Diana, sounds like you got in some early July 4th celebrations. How nice!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 12:40 PM  
Diana3271

Getting us started on July. The months are just flying by! http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...34#post2880334

LM Combat 02/13

Diana