Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-20, 03:31 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
Thanks for thinking of me! - DH mentioned the solstice, I hadn't noticed it, but glad it won't be dark by 5pm much longer.

Mon., 22nd Jun.
45min, Tony - P90 (new) - Sculpt C
thought we (buddy & I) hadn't done this one yet, but once we got into it, realised we had. Checked my log & less than 2 week ago. Missed an opportunity to do a new (or very old) one.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-20, 07:10 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - love the new avatar! Such a lovely pic of your girls! For the record, I've never used a 10" step, mostly 6 or 8, now it's 4 or 6. If I'm doing a tuck jump, it's on the rebounder. Don't be hard on yourself, you do awesome workouts!
Kay - congrats on the good mammogram! What a relief and time to celebrate? 11 mile hike is impressive! I'm always amazed by people not having the sense to follow the trail signage. It's there for a reason!
Cleda - I have followed all of the FitBit suggestions for my Versa and it only worked sporadically. Hubby seems to have made it even worse. Checking on people's questions and comments on the FitBit site, it seems like quite a few people are having the same issues with their Versa's. It could be the latest Apple version is causing problems. I am setting aside tomorrow morning to call them and see if I can get through. Several people said they were getting theirs replaced, so I am hopeful. My first thought was, I'm glad I'm not doing a StepBet!

6/20 - a dog walk, a 30 min. Low Impact ride, I think it was Hannah something, really enjoyed it, followed by Leslie's Walk, Run & Lift. The last one was led by Nick and Rocky, which I enjoy. The lift part was a few minutes of band work here and there.
6/21 - just a dog walk.
6/22 - dog walk, Jessica's Total Body Sculpt and another 30 min. Low Impact Ride, this time with Sam Yo. I was happy to be able to lift heavier weights without a problem.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 06:07 AM  
Helen

LILI
Thanks! I love that pic too - natural sibling joy.
Glad your fingers are good enough now to hold weights.

Tue., 23rd Jun. total 74min
8min, Mark - Tai Cheng - Phoenix Tail
10min, Samantha - Bit Fit in 90 - Phase 3 - Dynamic Sports Stretch Addon
15min, Zuzka - 2008 June
15min, Tony - One on One - V02D13 - Bonus Holiday Workout
26min, Jennifer - Balanced Zones - Lower Body Grounding

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-24-20, 12:59 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

6/23 - long solitary walk, mostly in wooded area.
6/24 - 3.19 mile run (reservoir run with a few walking breaks), then a dog walk. This was my first run since I smashed my toe and it seemed fine.

Old 06-25-20, 05:36 AM  
Helen

Wed., 24th Jun.
70min, brisk walk - school

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-26-20, 03:48 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

6/25 - 5K dog walk.
6/26 - KCM's Cardio Blast and 1 Miracle Mile with Leslie and a dog walk.

Old 06-27-20, 01:33 AM  
Helen

Thu., 25th Jun.
2hr, dog walk
Fri., 29th Jun.
2hr, dog walk
Sat., 30th Jun.
54min, Cathe - Intensity - Interval Max 2, 6", with buddy
2+hr walk, bush + beach, with gym buddy, her husband, & their dog (& Alice!)
46min, Leslie - Start!, at light jog on minitramp

DH went to Melbourne on Wednesday. Schlumped. Long walks with Alice helped, but once home, in the house without anyone here - couldn't muster it to go up to gym - and gym buddy dipped out these days due to stuff for her going on with work.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 06-27-20, 06:56 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I never know ....

What your avatars are!!!

This was specifically for:

Helen: I never know what your avatars are. I'm glad that Lili mentioned it. Because honestly? I thought your girls were starlets (movie stars?) from over there in some teen movie. I didn't realize it was YOUR girls. Beautiful! absolutely movie star quality!!! Love it. Thanks for sharing them. Look at you getting in those long walks! sometimes, walking is just what we need.

Lili: sounds like your toe has healed!! Good for you.

Waves to Kay and anyone else who might be lurking.

I continue with my power zone challenge and I must tell you, I am so grateful for them. I'm not so sure that I'd be doing a daily workout if it weren't for my Peloton and all my challenges I join. (So many miles per month, so many days in a row, different badges, the power zone challenges, etc, etc.) I suppose I'm motivated by those small carrots and the comradrie of my FB group for the PZ challenge. Otherwise? I don't know if I'd be working out. I'm drained. Period. Just drained. And after looking at my workout log for this week - it's not from OVER training. By any means. This was an easy week and I haven't added anything on but the called for PZ rides. By yesterday? The ride felt easy and like nothing. (as it should - it was a 60 minute endurance ride.) :: sigh :: Just plodding along trying to keep my head above water.

The goal this weekend is look through old posts, read vf and my old journals and find the premix of KCM's leg section that I enjoyed so much in years past. I know it has side steps (with a band and I have my new cloth ones to use) and it also has curtsy dips! If I remember correctly it's only about 12 minutes long and so easy to add on (and effective). That's the goal.

Ok, on to more of me, me and me. . .

6/21/2020: Sundays with Love ~ Ally Love (with Nancy). Virtue: HONESTY

6/22/2020: Power Zone 45 minutes ride with Matt wilpers and a 5 minute cool down ride + stretch

6/23/2020: Power Zone 45 minute ride with Denis Morton + 5 minute stretch

6/24/2020: Power Zone 45 minute ride with Denis Morton, 30 Minute PZ ride with Christine + 2 stretches

6/25/2020: Power Zone 45 minute ride with Matt Wilpers + stretch

6/26/2020: Power Zone 60 minute ride with Matt Wilpers + stretch

So, as you can see ... all bike. No extra. How did that happen? Tough week for me. Still adjusting. Only a quick mention (cuz I hate to talk about Covid here ...) Memorial service for Mom is in August. I am grateful it wasn't last week as we would have been around a lot of people that may or may not be positive (FL). But not sure where the states will be come August. I can only wait and see.

That's it. Hoping to get MORE variety in next week. But that might be tough since I leave PZ endurance and we ramp it up a bit. Then again, even I am entitled (ha!) to an easier week of straight endurance! So I'll take last week for what it was. I am entering week #5 of this PZ challenge. ONWARD.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 03:42 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - what you call an easy week would wipe me out! Great job! Also, it makes sense to have the memorial service in August. Let's hope the worst is over by then.
Helen - 2 hour dog walks are plenty of exercise. Don't beat yourself up if that's all you do! When I'm low energy or low mood, walking seems to be the perfect workout.
Waves to Kay!

6/27 - KCM's Meltdown. I've never done this before and it kicked my butt! I was planning on a 30 min. ride after, but settled for a 20 min. walk with Leslie instead. We did a dog walk this morning before it got too muggy.

I talked to someone at FitBit last week and they confirmed that my Versa is toast. It is under warranty, so I sent it back and they will send me a new one once they receive it.

Old 06-28-20, 07:36 AM  
Helen

Sun., 28th Jun.
61min, Cathe - Cardio & Weights
1 hr dog walk

LILI
Thank you for the support re "only" walking.
So KCM's meltdown is aptly named!
Great news about the FitBit - annoying that it stopped working, but when still under warranty they SHOULD send a new one.

CLEDA
I'm with Lili about your "easy week"
You're too kind about my girls though it IS a lovely photo - unposed & joyous - which is why I chose it.

One more week of school, then 2 week's holiday.

Buddy may have to come back soon as her garage is being demolished to do a granny-flat over garage combo, and July/Aug tend to be colder, so coming here to a warm gym may coax her back. Covid is pretty-much over here (not the country, but the state/region) - Melbourne is a current hot-spot with 59 new cases the past week. Lucky Cait is out of there for 5 weeks ! at Boot Camp for army reserves.

WAVES!!!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.