Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-22-20, 06:36 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Still feel exhausted today, and took a nap. Congestion, postnasal unspeakable etc. I'm calling it sinus trouble and am going to rest again today. Drinking lots of Piloxing tea, which is good hot or iced. DD loves it too.

brew 4 cups of green tea -- I use decaf
add juice of half a lemon and 2 Tbs pomegranate juice
and a squirt of honey

I use a quart mason jar to brew and to store in the fridge.

Lynn, wishing you strength to deal with your work's drama.
Hi to Diana and Cheryl.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-20, 08:37 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

I wanted to add on a strength workout but it's almost 10. The day is gone before I know it.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 07:11 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-23-20, 11:00 AM  
seabliss

Yesterday our house was so hot, and it promises to be so again today. Praying that the warranty company authorizes a new HVAC to be put in. They said yesterday that unless the technicians can find the part (and they can't), then they will probably authorize a change-out of the unit. But I don't know if they are going to try to force us to pay for any of it. We will have to pay for the freon. But if they pay for the unit, we can finally get it in and get cool again.

In the heat I didn't do much. I walked a mile in the morning and then I did a Jessica that was really too easy for me--standing strength (prenatal approved). I used 8s which were not challenging, but it was just too hot and that was all I could do. As Jessica likes to say, "Something is always better than nothing."

Today I cleaned and straightened up this morning before it got too hot, because some home stagers are coming this afternoon to measure and give us a quote. And then there were ants in the pantry. So now all the food is all over the kitchen and we're waiting for the brutal bug spray to set in before putting it all back together. We just had a pesticide guy come the other day, but he didn't spray the pantry, of course, with the food in it. It doesn't rain but it pours!

Lynn, I hope your work situation becomes less stressful. Too bad being remote doesn't remove the drama! DD is doing ok. She started doing some one-hour virtual "camps" this week. She picked creative writing (which she says is too much like school) and drawing anime. Each class lasts a week, so she'll have other ones next week. She is getting bored and lonely at times, though. She zooms with a couple of friends, so that helps a little. And we try to do fun family stuff.

Cynthia, I hope you are feeling better today. I hope the tea helps.

Diana, the days get away from me too!

Cheryl
Old 06-23-20, 01:36 PM  
lynnf

Started the Lean program on Lauren's playground, which was good. 35 minutes with warm up and cool down and 1/2 strength and 1/2 cardio conditioning.

Cynthia, hope you are feeling better! Did not sound good, so get rest and hope you are doing better soon.

Diana, sounds like your days are full, even though you aren't going to the shop. I guess you don't know how you did that and all the rest! How is your back?

Cheryl, wow, sounds like a lot going on with house problems -- ants, HVAC woes, etc. I'm impressed that you are keeping your cool and finding 8 lbs too light! Glad DD has some virtual camps, but this is really hard on them and it's sad. As for drama, email actually enhances everyone's ability to be mean, so that can accentuate the drama. We have a very kind boss and people took advantage of his niceness. Some of the higher ups have gotten things a bit more under control now, so hopefully things will calm down.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 01:49 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, my neighborhood is built on a giant sand dune, which is like an ant hill. I am always battling ants, or at least holding them at bay. I recommend 2 things around food: Fit vegetable spray, which kills them on contact; so does original windex with ammonia. And Terro liquid drops. One drop on a little square of cardboard took care of the last attack. Terro also comes in plastic bait things, but this time they all went for the drop. I hope they brought it back to their queen. Ew.

Hoping you get that air conditioning very soon.

Diana, I have wondered how I ever had time to work! Never bored.

Lynn, my sinuses have responded to my usual Rx ointment. But last night, a little too early for bedtime, I was settled in my comfy chair with a novel and, guess what. Aura. Migraine. I went to bed and slept 11 hours. Feeling so much better today, except for the post-migraine wobbliness. I'm thinking of a stretch vid at bedtime. I don't want to risk another migraine; they have been known to do back-to-back attacks.
Old 06-23-20, 02:01 PM  
lynnf

Cynthia, definitely take it easy, since the back to back is a common migraine ploy for sure. I second the anti-ant tactics, but can you still get the Fit vegetable spray? I have been using it on your recommendation for a while and it's great, but when I just ran out and tried to restock, could not find anywhere.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 03:19 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
Cynthia, definitely take it easy, since the back to back is a common migraine ploy for sure. I second the anti-ant tactics, but can you still get the Fit vegetable spray? I have been using it on your recommendation for a while and it's great, but when I just ran out and tried to restock, could not find anywhere.
It is getting hard to find. Amazon has it, for too much. The Fit website has it for a reasonable price but unreasonable shipping. I was just looking for it this morning! I got 2 refill-size bottles
from buybuyBaby. Search for it as FIT organic 32 oz. produce soaker /refill. $9.99; limit 2, which I bought. Shipping is $5.95, much more reasonable than the $14.95 on the Fit site.
https://www.buybuybaby.com
I've never bought from them before, buy I have driven past buy buy Baby stores -- they sell baby gear.
Old 06-23-20, 08:41 PM  
seabliss

Today I did three Blogilates thighs workouts: the new The Best Thigh Workout | POP Pilates Top Hits, Side Booty Shaper, and 5 Ways to Sculpt Long Legs. I also got a ridiculous amount of steps from cleaning/packing (thank you, ants) and just a tiny bit of shopping. Right now I am at 15k, or almost 7 miles, and I didn't have my phone on me the whole time. So that's just crazy. I feel like I was sitting a lot. Of course none of the steps have any effect on the scale for me. It's all about food.

Cynthia, I recently discovered Terro online, and the bug guy who just came gave us two Terro Pro gels for ants. I put one down but DH wanted to just spray insecticide and kill them all, so he did that. So I think the gel was wasted. But I still have one more. Hopefully I will not need it.

Lynn I haven't heard of the vegetable spray, but I will look for it. Thanks for the tip! Your Lauren's workout sounds about perfect.

Diana, hoping you are having a great day!

Cheryl
Old 06-23-20, 08:57 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl I hope you can get some A/C and cool air in your house soon.

Lynn My back is better. I'm thankful for that.

Cynthia
I agree! I've got way to much to do! Not bored, yet, LOL.

Check-In: 30 minute walk JS Toning Walk w/band

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana