Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-20, 05:11 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - good for you tackling I Max! My fingers are improving, but still not back to normal and my toe really looks worse than it feels. As long as I'm wearing shoes with toe room, I have no issues.

6/17 - a dog walk and a walk by myself for 2.5 miles.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 07:20 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Sorry for being missing in the mist again.

I see I haven't been here since last Tuesday.
I have dog walks & watering chores to report along with sewing.

Saturday we went back to Bid Creek to hike. Our friend, Renee, met us there. We started at 6:00. It was cool, low humidity & a perfect day to hike.

We passed by the Midnight Hole, a popular swimming spot, stopped for the usual picture at Mouse Creek Falls, then on to the first bridge then up to the second hitching post where we took a water, potty & snack then on to the second bridge & the backwoods campground. That's where we turned around. 10.5 miles round trip.
We stopped at the first bridge again where I like to soak my feet before the final 2 miles. Here my adventure began. There i was sitting on a low rock with my feet in the creek cutting up my apple into a bandana. I put my knife away & remember telling Art I didn't feel right. Next thing I knew Art & Renee we're pulling me out of the creek. I passed out sitting down, slid off the rock & into the creek. Thankfully Art caught me before I fell backwards onto the rocks. Yikes! Scared Art & Renee! We sat around drinking water & eating our snacks then hiked back to the car.

I finally got pressured into calling the clinic, so I had lab work, B/P checked & an EKG, all normal. But now I'm scheduled for a carotid ultrasound & a consult with a cardiologist. Bah!

Cooper goes in for teeth cleaning & a fatty lump removal so we'll be running to town early.

Lili, so sorry about your toe & fingers! Ouch!

Don't go hiking alone!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 05:45 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Very Sleepy ....

But I better check in before the week gets away from me.

Kay: I am so glad that you were ok and had the team with you. That could have been disastrous.

Lili: Gotta ask (Hope it's been long enough): Did you call a TOE truck???? But all kidding aside. I hope you are feeling better.

Helen:
Waves. I couldn't do air jumps or tucks or whatever even in my hay day.

Tired and have to go cook supper.

Me, Me and all me:

6/14/2020: PZ matt, 45 minutes Zones 4,5 & 6. Robin Arzon's low Impact ride, Adrian's upper & lower body workouts (10 minutes each) + bike stretch

6/15/2020: Power Zone Ride 45 mins. CDE + Adrian's 30 minute run on the treadmill + stretch

6/16/2020:
Power Zone 45 mins. with Denis Zones 3 & 5. 5 minute cool down ride & stretch

6/17/2020: Power Zone LIVE Ride 60 mins. with Matt. He tried to kill me. After Denis's ride yesterday ?!/ uggggggg I'm toast. 30 mins. Emma Low Impact ride, stretch

6/18/2020: Power Zone Olivia - 30 minutes, 15 minute Emma Lovewell's DISNEY (song) ride (low impact). + a stretch

Ok, need to go cook supper and get some sleep. I'm tired.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 04:40 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - loved the toe joke!!! I used to listen to a podcast just because it had bad jokes in the very beginning, Dinner Party Download (maybe)? You are crushing the rides!
Kay - what a scary experience! Luckily, Art acted quickly. I know what you mean about all of the tests. It may all be for nothing, but if they do find something, you'll be glad you did it. Great hike, minus the drama!

6/18 - Jessica's Poise & Grace. This was perfect, light weights that were easy for me to handle, and enough of a workout that I had to push myself in parts. Then I mowed the lawn, but skipped the dog walk.
6/19 - decided to make this a rest day. Hubby was up for a dog walk this morning, so I had company today. Then a 10 min. Acceptance Meditation from Peloton.

I've been having issues with my Fitbit not syncing with the app and not downloading. This has been going on for 2 days now. I've tried everything the Fitbit Help FAQ suggested and hubby has messed with it, and I'm about to throw it out the window! I think it may still be under warrenty, but the problem is getting help from customer service. Due to Covid-19, they are backed up. First world problems, I know. (hanging my head for ranting about something so unimportant in the world we now live in)

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 06:19 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Today was mammogram & ultrasound day. Up at 5 on the road just after 7. Ran through some torrential rain but it didn't last long. We walked the dogs before I left.
It seemed to take forever at the breast center, but the news was woderful. All clear! 5 1/2 years & counting.

Went to a liquor store for Art's belated birthday & father's day gift. Went to lunch at Culver's, drive through only, the headed toward home. But first, a stop at the local hospital for the carotid ultrasound.

Cooper's recuperating well & not goofy like he was yesterday.

On schedule for hitting my step goal.

Going to try hiking again tomorrow.
Old 06-20-20, 07:27 AM  
Helen

KAY
Wonderful news!!
So that rain you were hoping for... arrived then?
Glad Cooper is doing ok.

LILI
Tempers are shorter than usual right now and your frustration with the FitBit is understandable, but even saying "1st world problems" means you have the right take on how much it truly matters, compared to other things going on up there lately.

CLEDA
My problem is assuming that I CAN get back to doing what I was doing- tuck jumps, air jacks, 10" step, .... By all accounts I should be able to - no reason why not - just have to keep trying.

Sat., 20th June
66min, Cathe - BodyBlast - Kick, Punch, & Crunch
The ball pikes didn't get done. Alice hooned in because she likes the stability ball - she can stand with her elbows on it ..... but maybe that's just an excuse.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 03:49 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Great excuse not doing ball pikes, Helen. I guess Alice did them for you. Cooper's doing well. We put the cone head on him while we were gone. Yes, we did get some rain.

Today's hike was 11 miles. We walked past the back country campground to the horse campground. No horses there though, but we met a string of them on the trail. I didn't pass out & fall in the creek. We took plenty of water & snack breaks.
We only saw three dogs on the trail. We like to call the owners "the illiterates" as there is a sign saying no dogs. It's a horse trail. Makes dodging delightful piles interesting.

Waves to Cleda & Lili!
Old 06-21-20, 06:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Kay: Congratulations on the all clear mammogram. That must be SUCH a relief for you!!! Makes me so happy for you. And that hike! 11 miles. WOW ... I'm glad you took it. Went on it, etc. I love reading that you are hiking again. I know it makes you happy. Funny how we name people.

Helen:
I am tired just reading about your "wanting" to go back to doing air tucks, 10" step, etc. No thank you. When I found out I could have just as effective (for me) workout with modifications? I was golden!

Lili: Is there anyway to do a HARD reset on your FitBit (I don't know what model you have) But every once in awhile, I would have to do that with my ONE. I would almost panic every time as I thought I would lose all my info, but I didn't. It was some weird steps, like plug into my PC, hold down power and something. But it might be worth researching since it isn't working properly right now. Just a thought. Hope it starts working for you. Frustrating at best (I speak from experience). As for the "toe" joke? I'm famous for it. hahahahahahaha! My humor is that of a 4th grader. And I won't make apologies for it. It keeps me chuckling. Don't even talk to me in April .... My old office used to roll their eyes & cringe and do everything short of "Shushing" the patients when they would say, "April Showers Bring May Flowers ...." Cuz I always would say, "and what do May Flowers bring?" ... PILGRIMS. . hahahahahahahahahaha ~ yep ... 4th grade humor. There are worse things.

me, me and all me.

I am tired this morning. I have completed the week's rides. I had some confusion (with myself) thought they were done. Thought about it, realized they weren't. and had to do a quick 30 minute one yesterday. We are allowed to substitute the LIVE ride for any other that's 45 minutes or longer. So I did, but it left me one short for Extra credit. The live ride? Was killer after the ride before. Which is why I hate live rides. I should have known. There was talk that Matt was following the schedule, so he knew what ride was scheduled and would try to do something equivalent. I thought for sure it would be zones 2 & 3. I forgot I was a day ahead, so it was the equivalent of the killer ride I did the day before. I missed the description (intro) because the bike app was updating, I joined about 30 seconds late (while eating a sandwich as I had rushed home from work to do it.) I did it because a fellow teammate was having a milestone ride and we all rode with her. At any rate, had I heard the description? I would have bailed for sure. But, not only did I do it (see last check in) but I also got a PR on it. But it left me pretty tired and wiped out. Oh well..... (obviously since last time I merely checked in and no explanations).

6/19/2020: 90 minute Power Zone ride and a stretch. Again, I didn't want to do it, but knew I was working Sat. so with time management figured it was better to do it Fri. I was super annoyed because I was waiting on 2 phone calls that were supposed to call me "early" Fri. morning. I put off doing stuff and waited and waited and you guessed it - finally at 11:30 a.m. I reached out and was annoyed and I'm sure sounded that way in my messages. so a wasted morning and didn't even get on the bike till the afternoon. I was so annoyed!! (I'm sure being tired didn't help). But for pete's sake - I do the same type of work and if I say I'm going to call someone at a certain time, I DO IT ... Or at the very least, call them, tell them I'm still working on the problem and although no resolution, will get back to them as soon as I can. What's WRONG with people???? Favorite word of this paragraph: ANNOYED

6/20/2020: Olivia's 30 minute ride (to finish the week) and then Adrian's 10 minute arm workout (peloton) which I thoroughly enjoy. I even upped the weights to 10 lbers. (dropped to 8 for the last set ~ always watching and paying attention to my wonky shoulder). Followed with a stretch.

That's about it for now. Today should be a ride with Nancy and tomorrow starts week 4. Plan, plan, plan. That's my motto.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 06-21-20, 08:11 AM  
Helen

Drive-by
Sun., 12-Jun.
60min, Christi - Cardio Collectibles, 8"
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-20, 08:35 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Ps ...

Helen - I thought of you yesterday!! We had our summer solstice. Still kinda strange to me how you are opposite (Geography was never my strong suit).