Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-20, 05:17 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in ...

Lili: Thanks!!! I'm here. I'm fine. Im muddling through. Just been crazy busy being back at work (full swing) not to mention the whole Mom thing, but it's getting resolved. Feels like it's been weeks. It 's been 5 days. Working while getting group texts proved quite interesting. My phone wasn't syncing with my watch and by the time I got to my group text I had over 50 in one and over 30 in the other. And I hate group texts. So I told them to sum it up for me.

Kay: I agree with life changing and thank you for the heart felt condolences. .... On a side note I have a salad spinner. Dh "harvests" the lettuce and brings it in, washing it, handing to me and I spin, spin, spin and bag it up in my green bags for the fridge. We eat so much salad though, we go through a LOT .... I agree. It's the best. I had a cheap one and a few years ago I bought an Oxo and love it.

Helen: Drive bys are fine. You're being consistent and you're moving. Thanks for the condolences. YEP .. I was named after Mom! You NEVER want to mess with 2 Cledas. 'Nuff said.

Still tired, but it's ok.
No check in since the 5th ??? WHATTTTT?????

6/6/2020: Sundays With Love Virtue: Compassion, Adrian's 20 minut HIIT Run (had to work ) stretch

6/7/2020: PZ Challenge called for 60 minute workout and a stretch. Sundays With Love with Nancy. Virtue: HONOR.+ stretch.

6/8/2020: PZ challenge 45 minutes + stretch, You Tube Ryan's kettlebells (the 15 minute one I like!), + stretch

6/9/2020: I was exhausted. Mentally, physically .... beat, beat beat. (No day off the bike since the day before the Pelofondo .. I was way overdue. Did my body good. Meditation

6/10/2020: Power Zone, 45 minute ride with Denis. I was in great form. Zones 4 and 2. I did enjoy it. And I am stronger than I thought!!! + stretch (Of course).

Life is good! I am blessed. Off to make supper.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 05:57 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

No new post with arrow ... Hmmmm.
I'll have to change that for those going by!

Good Morning Ladies!

hope everyone is well.
Not much to report. I am tired (story of my life) and just not enough hours in the day. The mind wants to do stuff, but I am tired at the end of the day, so nothing really gets done. I also know if I don't do my workout in the morning before work I have a 50/50 chance of actually doing it after. (I might do it 50% and I might not 50%). yesterday the "Might not" won out. I am happy to have today off.

6/11/2020: I did my leg exercises for the challenge. They are slowly adding reps and exercises. But it's still only 8 per leg per exercise. I actually do 2 sets (they call for 1). One is done with the (new) cloth bands on and the second without. Then I started (don't know if I'll continue) Lauren Brook's Kettlebell challenge. Yesterday was 100 swings. (all different varieties. Regular, single arm, hand to hand, etc.) Then I did meditation last night.

I almost feel like I'm cheating, but I'm not. I DID workout. Just not 24 hours worth. (Slight exaggeration). Today? I have some catching up to do on the bike to stay on schedule for the challenge.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 06-12-20, 01:58 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

6/10 - 2 miles with Leslie and a dog walk.
6/11 - 30 min. Body Pump 106 plus a mile w/ Leslie & bands and a partial dog walk. Baxter is 93 lbs. and usually hubby walks him & I walk Tally. Hubby's back is still bothering him, so I'm taking both dogs. Baxter managed to trip/knock me over on our walk and I landed on my hand in an unnatural position. We turned around and came home & I started icing it, but I have 2 very swollen fingers and no gripping power today. Nothing is broken, but it's very annoying.
6/12 - Peloton 45 min. Low Impact ride with Kendall Toole. I loved this soundtrack and really enjoyed the ride (even though I didn't always keep up).

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt

Last edited by LiliMagill; 06-12-20 at 05:56 PM. Reason: add today's workout
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 07:05 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

So many instructors, so little time

Lili: I am so sorry about your fall and your fingers. Hope you heal quickly. Lots of cardio to do sans gripping anything! (and dh's back as well!! Been there done that. Not fun). Kendall Toole ... I have never taken any of her classes. I will have to research. I can use me a good soundtrack. !! I don't always care for the newer loud music. So many instructors, so little time! (I think that's part of the reasons I like the badges -- they introduce me to new instructors.)

I was playing catch up yesterday. I felt like I had a fairly easy week with workouts and that I was terribly behind on my challenge. In reality? I'm not too far behind and the way I do my rides, I knew it was just a matter of planning and I'd be caught up. They used to publish 4 weeks at a time on the challenge. But that's over with. Now they only release the following week on Wed. of the current week. I understand their thought process on it. there are people who would do all 4 weeks within the first week and what fun is that? (not to mention over training?) but I feel bad for people on a team who take 2 weeks vacation. There's no way they can ride ahead to accomodate both weeks. That wouldn't happen with me as I never go away for 2 weeks (especially in this current climate of covid) ... I suppose if one team has a zero for their rider, there will be others. I'm not sure I could sign up if I knew I'd have to sacrifice a whole week though. But ...like I said - not really a worry for me ...

Soooooooooooooooooooooo

6/12/2020: MW 60 minute endurance PZ ride followed by Matt's 45 minute endurance PZ ride (both for the challenge). Did in reverse order, as I didn't' know how much energy I'd have after the 60 minute ride and then could do a 45 minute or 30 minute or whatever. Got the last two rides (long ones) of this week done. Now it's just 3 more workouts by Monday night --- 30 mins. each or longer if I choose. YIPPEE ... feeling much better about it. I did follow it up with the 10 minute cool down (classical music Asian history month) ride with Emma. (my new favorite - sorry Sam Yo.) and then did 2 post ride stretches with Matt (also counted in the challenge.)

Life is good. Love me some days off of work. I needed yesterday's ride.

Make it a great day and waves to all.
Cleda
Old 06-13-20, 09:16 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
I need to read ANY one of your posts every day, to get a shot of your enthusiasm and determination!

LILI
Ouch ! on the landing badly & fingers - so that means you can't cook, do any kind of housework, and no weeding, doesn't it? Yes it does!

KAY
Some good long walks happening! 9.5 mi is just over 15 km - that's a hefty stomp - but you knew that. I do SO love hearing about your gardening & other things (eg tractor maintenance).
You can have some of our rain - we've had days on end of it the past week, & torrential last night, but today is crisp & clear, just everything on the ground is soggy.

WAVES to anyone watching

Business
Wed., 10-Jun.
71min, Michelle & Tracy - Work It Off Cardio Dance (half dance, half pilates)
Thu., 11-Jun.
dog walk WORK, RAIN
Fri., 12-Jun.
dog walk WORK, RAIN
Sat., 13-Jun.
55min, Christi - Step Heaven - Stages1+3 Mix 8", 3kg (6.6lb)
Sun., 14-Jun
40min dog walk, down town to avoid the park as experience tells me it'll be boggy
42min Tony - P90 (new) - Sculpt C
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 05:52 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sunday morning

Helen: So good to see you!!!! And thank you. Sometimes I feel like it's just bike, bike and all bike (usually is!) But I don't feel like it's much. Go figure. I guess it's all perception. Right?? That's why I do the challenges, as they keep me on the straight and narrow whether I want to be or NOT! I love your descriptions of stuff (Bog), etc. And trust me, you are NO slacker. thanks for popping in to post.

Lili: I agree!! No housework, weeding, etc. Just cardio. Cardio and more cardio!

Kay: WAVES !!!!

And waves to anyone I may have missed.

All caught up on the challenge and moving ahead. Debating on starting week 3 today or just doing some extra credit and weights. Time will tell (you all know I'm probably going to start the next week). I can get the first three days done by tomorrow if I plan right. (and then I feel on top of it). Did I mention that this challenge is only 7-8 rides a week? The 5 core rides, 1 Accelorator ride (that must be done before I can do any extra credit) then 1 extra credit and ANY 1 Peloton workout that's 30 minutes or longer (excluding yoga or meditation). That means I can do a bootcamp, treadmill, etc. I like that I have a choice of some variety!!!!

Ok, on to me, me and all me (Nice to not be behind):

6/13/2020: CDE 30 minute Power Zone endurance ride, followed by CDE's 45 minute power zone endurance ride (for extra credit) followed by Sam Yo's 10 minute cooldown ride (Ok, sorry Emma - maybe Nellie the Pink Elephant is STILL my favorite ... just not sure!) and then 2 bike stretches.

So much to do today in preparation for the work week.

Yesterday we went and visited one of the kids for the first time since the beginning of March and it DID MY SOUL good. Made me so happy. I really, REALLY needed that.

Ok, onward we march.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 06-14-20, 05:57 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen & Cleda - I like the way you guys think! All cardio, no housework!

My kids & grandkids came to visit yesterday for the first time in forever and we hugged and everything! What a joy! We have had a few outdoor, no touching, social distancing visits, but my daughter felt safe enough with us to do full contact. My son and his fiancee are more cautious and kept their distance. They also live in a town where the infection rate is still high. It was good to have my kids all together again.
So, in preparation for the visit, I was scrubbing the metal deck chairs, tilted one against the railing to scrub the back, and it fell on my big toe. By the end of the day, my toe was swollen and badly bruised! I'm starting to feel like a walking disaster! I did manage a 2.5 mile walk by myself in the evening wearing flip flops!

6/14 - so far today I've walked the dogs and done some light gardening. My fingers are feeling better, but I won't be holding weights any time soon! I was going to try for another walk tonight, but I don't think my toe is ready for it. I did get sneakers on for the dog walk earlier, so that's progress.

Old 06-15-20, 04:22 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

6/15 - 3 Miracle Miles w/ Leslie and a dog walk.

Old 06-17-20, 06:26 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

6/16 - Leslie's 30 min. Fat Burning Walk.

Old 06-17-20, 06:45 AM  
Helen

Drive-by

Wed., 17th June
Cathe - Interval Max 1, 6"
been a long time since I've done this, handled everything until interval 10 which had air jacks & tuck jumps- not many of those happened, SOME, but not many.

LILI
How're your fingers today? And your toe?
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote